• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs WOOLWICH ARS*NAL OMT***

I'm sure he has, but he's hardly going to divulge it to the world's press.

It's an intriguing question...I remember hearing from several ex-Gooners via various radio drivels that he does not work hard on defending! It seemed like an almost defiantly stupid thing to say, but there we go, we shall find out. Maybe this is the game that Caulker will thump a couple of set-pieces home? I will say that Jenkinson, although not the most amazing player in the world, is fast and a blooded gooner; where he can be taken to the cleaners is with the movement. He won't know where to go or what to do. Indeed, if they try some sort of zonal thing, it could be interesting. Walcott and Cazorla remain the threats...but deny Cazorla space and he goes missing fast. I think this is going to be about total and utter professionalism. I believe. We will not lose.

The thing is, Arsenal's squad isn't set up to defend. If he sends them out to deny Bale space, you'll have Arteta, Carzola and Wheelchair running around in areas where they won't be as effective. So I can see why he wouldn't make special plans.

Fortunately, it should play right into us. Bale should have space. Arsenal will probably score a goal or 2, but really we should win this. If we raise our game at the Lane against them like we always do, combined with the quality of our squad now, we should win. Add into that the Bale factor, and the fact that we generally seem to be better against teams that don't sit back against us, and it's a recipe to do well. We managed a 3-3 against them when they were better and we were worse, and managed wins when we weren't as good as we are now too.

I don't think Wenger has any option but to set them up as he always does. That means he should get the best out of his players. But what I'm thinking, and hoping with all my heart, is that it simply means they are very unlikely to get a result this time, because if they push up and give Bale and Lennon space, they are surely screwed.

Annoying thing from that promo video a couple of pages back - both the last 2 games at the Emirates they have scored a goal from crossing into our box and one of their defenders that they have left up there has got on the end of it. It annoyed me no end when it happened the first time, and when it happened again with Metersaker this season - ugh! Really hope we can stop that.

Not sure I like what I read about Kaboul in the team news. Its great that Defoe should make the squad, But I didnt like the bit about Kaboul's knee hurting still.
I really have a bad feeling its going to breakdown on him again

That's potentially a whole season out for Kaboul. He was good but not great last season. 5 into 4 won't go and Levy is more likely to cash in than let Gallas go for nowt in the summer.

That's potentially a whole season out for Kaboul. He was good but not great last season. 5 into 4 won't go and Levy is more likely to cash in than let Gallas go for nowt in the summer.

Kaboul was our best defender last season.

I doubt Gallas will be offered a new contract tbh, he's done a good job here but he's likely to be on high wages, his performances weren't great at the beginning of the season (though they've improved greatly recently) and a pool of Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen and Caulker is pretty good imo.

I doubt Gallas will be offered a new contract tbh, he's done a good job here but he's likely to be on high wages, his performances weren't great at the beginning of the season (though they've improved greatly recently) and a pool of Kaboul, Dawson, Vertonghen and Caulker is pretty good imo.

That's your opinion. Kaboul was good and that is a good point about Gallas' wages. I am not so sure about how high his wages are now but for sure if he gets another year they won't be as high.

It is, it would be an added bonus if we could possibly see another of the Youth squad start to emerge too

The coke head said "Arsenal will not lose the derby" what a Cnut the bloke is and why do sky employ him?

The 36 year old Gallas who is our 3rd highest earner (after Ade and Bale) and would need a new contract (as he's a free agent in 3 months time)?

Whatever happens on Sunday only matters if we finish in the top 4.
It's that simple.
The season is more important than any single game, as the last derby proved.
If we win, we cannot (any of us) afford to believe it's game over...this is the season we get back in where we should be. The prospect of us in the CL managed by AVB is very, very exciting!

Does anyone hate watching these North London derbies as much as me? I hate every minute of them. It's like going to the dentist. Always glad when they're over.

I hope we smash those ****s, but I will take a jammy 1-0 all day.

Back