• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fussball Club Basel 1893 OMT **

I really feel if we go onto win it that it has to be 4-2 i do not think 3-2 is good enough to go there with.

Why are BBC's possession stats so retarded? No way have Basel had 55%! 'Who Scored' has our possession at 70%, seems much more accurate from what I've seen.

Well, this is Young Boys all over again. I've the exact same feeling I had that time. This is perhaps worse though, cause we are at home and desperately need a result in this game.

They seemed to shock us early on with their aggressive, high pressure, and by pushing many men forward. We got away with it thoguh, and it seemed liek we were getting a foothold of the game before the scored the first goal. We struggle to get a passing game going because of that aggressive pressure though, and defensively we struggle with Streller in teh air, and a couple of players with quick feet. Our defensive play in general has been horrible, and I think we need to bring Dawson on for Gallas. I don't think Gallas has been worse than anyone else at the back, but we often seem to struggle when he's in the team.
I also think Bale needs to play wide left when we don't have Lennon on the pitch. We need some width in midfield.

We seemed to gain some momentum after our goal though. Unfortunately, we didn't get the second to calm the nerves a bit. An early goal in the second could give us another left to give us the upper hand in the second half. I think we need to win this game, cause I would be surprised if we won in Switzerland judging by this first half.

Fixed that for you. He's finished, not a top level footballer anymore, and we really need to get him out of the first team for, well forever.
I hate saying this about one of our players but that is the nail right on the head. If there is anyting to criticise AVB about wtf is he thinking continuing to play him?

too many people knee jerking here. pull yourself together...its 1/4 of a 2 legged tie. lets see how it plays out

That's true. I think im spitting the dummy out because if we just played a decent centre back we could possibly have avoided this whole mess.

Its just annoying too that our obvious lack of investment is going to come back and bite us on the fudging arse.

I really feel if we go onto win it that it has to be 4-2 i do not think 3-2 is good enough to go there with.

4-2 popped into my head. I'm hoping it's a premonition. Having said that, if we win 3-2, I still feel we could get the job done in Fawlty.

I'm not sure if I am allowed to mention the scores of other games in this thread... but would you rather be 2-1 down against Basel at home with Basel away to come... or be in Chelsea's position with a trip to Rubin Kazan to come?

PS - Lennon was out for 3 games and we lost the lot - he's out injured again so I am not in a happy place right now. It is possible I will criticise some players in the second half.

Back