• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fussball Club Basel 1893 OMT **

A back four of Naughton (Average) Vertonghen Gallas (finished) and Benny (doesn't give a fudge) - is crap

a midfield two involving Parker = brick passing, ball retention, no goals, no attacking impetuous.

An attack force of Ade is brick.

Not a very good team, at least our goalie is 156.

dembele is a beautiful sight when he runs with the ball sometimes

gay_kiss_0.jpg

Do you know what our fans are pathetic from the first whistle all I can hear are the Basel fans and our players are greeted by boos and groans from our fans. Take Saudi Sportswashing Machine if Basel were playing a euro match at st James Basel would face a wall of noise and Basel wouldn't feel like the super Heros they are feeling like now. Every Saudi Sportswashing Machine attack would be carried by a roar which would make them nervous . We fudging sit and let them make whl like a home match for them in a qf

This

We're lucky to still be in the game - Basel were far better than us in the first half.

This.

Basel far more up for it, more energetic, more running off the ball - we are lucky to be just one down.

Too many players either not playing (Ade, Bae, Gallas and Verts) or playing out of position (Sig, Holtby). We are paying the price for not having a natural replacement for Lennon or a better centreforward.

Parker is driving us forwar! our 2 chances have come because of him. But lets not let irrational hatred get in the way of facts

Mate, can you send me the link to whatever match your watching.

The words Parker and forwards never belong in the same sentence unless your talking about him miscontrolling a ball into row Z again.

This game is showing the inherent problem of the Europa League/League Cup secondary cup competition phenomenon. It just means so much more to Basel, they were at it from the off - it's just simply massive for them. Our minds are a little on Everton, the players and the crowd. You can feel it.

And it's cost us Lennon to boot. Mistake by AVB to start him. He's clearly got an issue that's not going away any time soon

We can still turn it round in this game and the tie, but I think it'll come at cost come Sunday.

The defence has been utter dogbrick. If AVB wants to rest Dawson that's fine, but there's no excuse for playing Gallas when Caulker is available. The guy is finished at this level and it's not like he's a wiley old fox using his experience, he's rash, erratic and makes basic mistakes that are nothing to do with his ageing body letting him down.

BAE, Naughton and Jan have been rusty, but playing the high line with Friedel and Gallas in the side is such a bad idea and we've been a bit lucky that their finishing has been poor.

Holtby is not a winger. He doesn't look comfortable there. I know Bale has been good in the middle lately but I think we need his pace on the wings as I really don't like these square pegs in round holes.

There are positives though. Adebayor looks up for it and his touch is much improved. The finish for his goal was much harder than it looked and it's great to see. He's been very impressive tonight. So has Dembele who's having his best game in a while. If we can tighten up at the back there's no reason we can't turn this around and win tonight, nor is there any reason we can't win in Switzerland if we need to. Don't forget, the last time we played Swiss opposition we were 3-0 down and and turned it around so keep the faith!

This game is showing the inherent problem of the Europa League/League Cup secondary cup competition phenomenon. It just means so much more to Basel, they were at it from the off - it's just simply massive for them. Our minds are a little on Everton, the players and the crowd. You can feel it.
And it's cost us Lennon to boot. Mistake by AVB to start him. He's clearly got an issue that's not going away any time soon

We can still turn it round in this game and the tie, but I think it'll come at cost come Sunday.

That's just the biggest kop out I have ever heard. What a feeble fudging excuse. They are taking us to the cleaners, deal with it.

Anything to be said for Holtby getting bundled to the ground before just before the deflection??

Back