• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine OMT ***

This kind of fixture will really tell us if we have turned a corner. Any other season we would have either drew or lost this game.

Lloris
Walker Toby Jan Rose
Alli Dier
Lamela Dembele Eriksen
Kane

3-1 Lamela, Alli, Toby​

After being winless in our last 2 league matches, we desperately need to win this match. Surely, this is a must-win match for us. We not only have to win to move into the top 4 place but also have to be alert of the 6 teams behind us. Bournemouth have done us a huge favour by beating ManU. It is a golden chance for us to move above ManU into top 4 place if we win. But at the same time, only 3 points separate us and 11th placed Stoke. In between, Palace have the same points as us while even tiny Watford are just 1 point behind us. If we are not careful, we could be dragged down all the way down to mid table. But it is not going to be easy against Saudi Sportswashing Machine as we have lost our last 2 league matches at home to them.

We have always struggled after playing in Europe. But fortunately, we managed to rest key players like Kane, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Alli against Monaco. Let's hope this will help us greatly against Saudi Sportswashing Machine. We only seem to win in the league when Kane scores. So, we definately need Kane to score in this match after failing to score against Chelsea and WBA. Lamela did brilliantly to score the hattrick against Monaco. Hope he will be boosted by that to score more goals in the league. Son has not been very sharp in front of goal since his injury. It won't harm us at all if he can score one here. Not sure what to think of Eriksen now. His form seems to be up and down this season. It will be a huge advantage for us if he is gets back his best form for this match.

Disappointingly our options seems to be very limited in midfield due to injury problems now. Too bad Dembele and Njie are out injured. It is especially disappointing for Dembele as he has been in great form recently. So, we have to rely on the tried and tested partnership of Dier and Alli in midfield. But we really need an experienced midfielder to guide the youngsters like Alli. While he has done exceptionally well this season, Alli really needs to control his temper. Other teams will try to get him booked unless he can control his temper. He has already received an unnecessary bookings this season. I think he can be a top class player if he concentrates on his game more.

It is great to see us having one of the best defensive record in the league. But still wish we can keep more clean sheets. Every goal we concede might come back to affect us later in the season. In fact, we could have won more games had our defence kept more clean sheets. I think Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld need to have personal target of keeping clean sheets regardless of our results. Our defence tend to get complacent when we are winning matches. Really want to see us getting those 1-0 wins in tight matches where our opponents defend in numbers. Anyway, since we are playing at home, will be very disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet against Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

ManU have given us the golden chance to move ahead of them into the 4th place. Hope for once we stop being too generous and will accept that gift by winning this match.

It would be so nice to have another good performance and clear win, so I call on everyone to "Badger Up !!".

My American Aunt​

COYS !

Old Brock

Any team news yet ?

Good performance is not really important in this match as long as we win. Hope the likes of Kane, Son and Lamela will steer us to beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine in this match.

Apparently Dembele is still out with the stomach bug so my team would pick itself:
Lloris
Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose
Alli, Dier
Lamela, Eriksen, Son
Kane
Reserves: Vorm, Davies, Carroll, Bentaleb, Onomah, Chadli, Njie.

Apparently Dembele is still out with the stomach bug so my team would pick itself:
Lloris
Walker, Toby, Verts, Rose
Alli, Dier
Lamela, Eriksen, Son
Kane
Reserves: Vorm, Davies, Carroll, Bentaleb, Onomah, Chadli, Njie.

Njie is injured. And what sport is it that you think we're playing....? 'Reserves'????

So is this a game where we could rotate maybe Dier for Bentaleb or Eriksen for Chadli, just to get some rest into them for the busy festive period.

Sure, benching Dier would make us a little weaker defensively but is this a game where we could potentially carry that? We need to start finding games somewhere where we can rest players, even one at a time.

As for Eriksen, he'll be really important to us so it would be good to have him fresh. A front three of Lamela, Son and Chadli is none too shabby.

COYS!!!
p178168139-3.jpg

So is this a game where we could rotate maybe Dier for Bentaleb or Eriksen for Chadli, just to get some rest into them for the busy festive period.

Sure, benching Dier would make us a little weaker defensively but is this a game where we could potentially carry that? We need to start finding games somewhere where we can rest players, even one at a time.

As for Eriksen, he'll be really important to us so it would be good to have him fresh. A front three of Lamela, Son and Chadli is none too shabby.

I would rest players for the FA Cup. To me, its lost the appeal which it used to have 20 years ago and the PL has to be higher priority. The Monaco game showed that we have reasonable depth so I'd play a similar team against Leicester and future rounds

Here is our starting line-up against Saudi Sportswashing Machine:

Lloris (c),
Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose;
Carroll, Dier;
Lamela, Eriksen, Alli;
Kane.​

Here are our substitutes against Saudi Sportswashing Machine:

Vorm,
Davies,
Trippier,
Bentaleb,
Chadli,