• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

They have sold a shed load of STs at varying prices. Most to WH fans, but a good proportion to "neutrals" who want to watch PL games in general. The stadium will be sold out for next season without a doubt. Maybe the season after. But unless WH end up a perennial top 4 club, they will find STs not being renewed by the neutrals, and even allowing for preferential stadium rental rates, they probably don't have much more wriggle room built into their ST prices - i.e.they can't discount further to atract sales. Hence we should expect to see them spending large in the next few transfer windows in order to try to attain that 4th place CL spot. It does not feel like a sustainable model.
Haven't they sold something like 3 season tickets to each ST holder?

I think there's been a lot of speculative buying there from people that think they can sell the extra tickets off to people. I think they'll struggle and will all lose out - it's not like they were packing them in in the old ground.

I think they offered all existing season ticket holders an option of two extras in the same price band. A lot were taken up, so your point about the speculation is one to watch. They adjusted the band locations as they went along, starting at the higher band. The high uptake in the higher bands meant that these areas increased in size and that the lower band holders got relegated to more distant locations.

I think there's been a lot of speculative buying there from people that think they can sell the extra tickets off to people. I think they'll struggle and will all lose out - it's not like they were packing them in in the old ground.

Yes, I suspect a good number of the ST seats will end up on their ticket exchange site or being sold on through other means. The question is whether there will be enough novelty interest next season from people wanting to attend a game at the OS. There probably will be (unless WH go into freefall in the table, hence their need to spend in the window) and this will be enough to make it look like a successful move - for next season. After that, once the novelty factor has worn off, I think their attendances will definitely suffer. I am not convinced their new branding of "West Ham London" is going to make much long term difference to how they are viewed either.
It will be interesting to see how they count attendances - will it be by bodies through the turnstiles, or tickets sold?

As for us in our new stadium, selling out 61k is no easy task either, but we will be starting off from a much sounder fan base in terms of numbers and (hopefully) a much better attraction with CL football. And we won't have to be practically giving STs away either in order to boost numbers. Thus having a more sustainable model.
Regardless of what benefits they may or may not be getting from their deal, I know which future I would prefer to be looking at, by a long, long way.

I had a bloke wanting to Tarmac my drive and he offered me a Spam season ticket in the deal.

There is more detail that we have become accustomed to from Spurs announcements, even if it does just confirm what we knew or supposed.

b8OOGdM.jpg
WHL_2.png

Anyone have a clue what they're doing here? They dug a hole, put in some black mats or something, then filled it.

I saw him in one of his first games for us at Ipswich and he was brilliant, I thought he was going to be the next Waddle ( who for me was the best flank player to wear our shirt).

Same. I also thought Popescu was excellent, but I was a lot younger then so I am sure the rose tinted glasses are making me forget the other stuff.

Back