• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Wembley now officially announced for CL next season, with an option to play all PL and Cup home games there during our season away

Interesting that it's an "option" - does that mean are we still looking at alternatives?

Edit : on further thought I suppose the "option" is just in case something goes drastically wrong with the building works and we don't have to move out for that season. So it's not something we would committed to in that (highly unlikely, hopefully) event.

Announcement on the FA Website http://www.thefa.com/news/thefa/2016/may/tottenham-hotspur-to-play-euro-games-at-wembley-280516

Noting on the OS yet. It's all about Twitter these days.

Last edited:
Great news! Better than he alternatives, though might cost us a few points compared to playing at WHL, though that isn't an option

Demolition of the 3 listed buildings was signed off yesterday, so we are free to bulldoze them now: http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=289883

The reports on the three historic buildings to be demolished are interesting. There are some excellent old maps and photos in those documents. A shame they haven't done one for the building that is being kept.

Historic Building Record for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (April 2016):

I wonder if they will do something for White Hart Lane itself. The planning documents have included a lot of historical information, but it scattered across a huge number of documents on many different plans.

CiA1fi4WUAATjTa.jpg:large

oZ61nf1.jpg

3TbUTZG.jpg

Ks9LZys.jpg

xMrUNpa.jpg

Lots of new pictures over on the Skyscrapercity site. The following one shows a hole in the roof of the East Stand. My guess is that this could be the location of a new support column so they can cut away the roof.

ay8IUcd.jpg

izTQZ6U.jpg

The reports on the three historic buildings to be demolished are interesting. There are some excellent old maps and photos in those documents. A shame they haven't done one for the building that is being kept.

Historic Building Record for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club (April 2016):

I wonder if they will do something for White Hart Lane itself. The planning documents have included a lot of historical information, but it scattered across a huge number of documents on many different plans.

These were a planning condition. I'm not sure the club would be so altrusic when not compelled.

Double that of a West Ham one by the look of it.

41K according to Guardian.

The first rugby game at the stadium attracted a decent crowd of 41,039. Not all of them were equivocal in their praise of the stadium. Ian Wiles from East Yorkshire was among the crowd with his nephew Ben. “It reminds me of the Telstra Dome in Melbourne. It’s vast. I went to Twickenham last year and although we were sitting as high as this, we were closer to the action.

Back