• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Why a chav clothing brand?

Surely something a bit more classy like the Aston Martin Lane or the Dalmore Constellation Lane would be a bit more fitting?
At the end of the day it's all about money. If Nike are offering the most then they will get the gig with my blessing. The fact that Nike's business is also closely related to ours (i.e. a sports team and a sports equipment/wear brand) is another bonus IMO.

If Nike were to pay big money to sponsor our new stadium then you can guarantee that they will also be seriously pushing our brand. There are not too many brands out there with a bigger global reach than Nike. If Nike sponsor the new WHL then our club will become better and better known throughout the whole World.

Where have the Nike rumours come from?
It comes from a piece linked on the previous page (or perhaps 2 pages ago now). Whether or not there is anything in the speculation I have no idea. It wouldn't surprise me to see Nike replace UA as our kit supplier once the UA deal is over next summer. Stadium sponsorship would surprise me though. I'm not sure that Nike need to attach their name to our stadium to increase their exposure. I would argue that they have the exposure already.

A big financial firm seems a likely possibility. London is a global centre and Lewis's personal links will be strongest in the finance sector.

I thought the consensus from the industry was that we wouldn't even start negotiating a deal until summer 2017 (i.e. a year before opening)?

A big financial firm seems a likely possibility. London is a global centre and Lewis's personal links will be strongest in the finance sector.

AIA are already signed on till 2020, so perhaps that arrangement will be extended and expanded?

The AIA Lane?

I thought the consensus from the industry was that we wouldn't even start negotiating a deal until summer 2017 (i.e. a year before opening)?
I would be hugely surprised if we weren't negotiating already. The naming rights represent a large part of the funding and, as such, we will already be talking to interested parties to ensure that we have a reasonable estimate that enables us to cost out our other avenues of funding.

I would be hugely surprised if we weren't negotiating already. The naming rights represent a large part of the funding and, as such, we will already be talking to interested parties to ensure that we have a reasonable estimate that enables us to cost out our other avenues of funding.

We don't even getting planning permission till next Monday though!

I'm sure people are being sounded out, but I doubt anything will be signed until the horseshoe is finished

Levy has said it's easier to get someone to commit once the stadium is actually being built, which means we have to finance it ourselves at first.

I think what he really means is that it's possible to get someone signing for a larger amount once the stadium is being built. I'm sure he could have got someone earlier for a smaller amount. The other factor is the amount. Arsenal got less for an upfront amount, so we can probably get more if we can find the funding independently, rather than needing the deal to fund the project.

An unexpected visitor today (courtesy SSC):

Bazza.;132064037 said:
nY4c3nZ.jpg

On a lighter note. This morning we are blessed with a visit from Jubbah the Hutt.

Back