• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I am slightly gutted that it won't be called New White Hart Lane. I know initially we will refer to it as tht but as you will have seen with any stadium that changes it's name over the course of a decade the official name becomes the primary one.

When I used to play 'Football Manager' when ever our new stadium was built it was always called 'Perryman Arena' and although Steve Perryman is a hero, he'd unlikely make the top 5 names we'd opt for. it was a shocking name for the stadium :p
I really wouldn't be at all surprised if Levy manages to keep reference to WHL in the new stadium naming rights,somehow. Though that may just be wishful thinking on my part but not beyond the realms of possibility. Of course it will always be WHL or The Lane to supporters but it would be sad to see the name dropped from an official perspective altogether.

I really wouldn't be at all surprised if Levy manages to keep reference to WHL in the new stadium naming rights,somehow. Though that may just be wishful thinking on my part but not beyond the realms of possibility. Of course it will always be WHL or The Lane to supporters but it would be sad to see the name dropped from an official perspective altogether.

Even (example) Nike @ New White Hart Lane would please me, even if it is a mouthful. I think to get the top money though sponsors will be quite insistent that their brand be the sole title to ensure it's always used in the media.

Last edited:
Some guy on SkyscraperCity has created this amazing animation of our stadium build:

How accurate do we think that is with regards to our current ground still being fully intact by the time the outside cladding has gone up on 3 quarters of the new ground?

It will officially be called the Nike Arena or whatever and that's what they'll use in the media, but all the fans will just call it WHL.

Nah that just cheapens 'White Hart Lane' imo - call it whatever the sponsors want if they're stumping up the cash afaic

Make you right mate, doesn't matter anyone else calls it as long as we all call in White Hart Lane, I always asked for a ticket to Gillespie Road Station when I went to Woolwich games on the tube.

How accurate do we think that is with regards to our current ground still being fully intact by the time the outside cladding has gone up on 3 quarters of the new ground?
It's his personal project and completely unofficial. It has nothing to do with the football club itself and he's not been commissioned to create it. It's strictly "guesstimates" from the pds. As he says:
The vomitoriums are a tad guess work as I only have the planning portal pdfs to refer to. Proper drawings would be ideal.

There's also a bit of guessing elsewhere but mostly I have traced from pdfs and created from there.

No internal fit out or anything yet and, as I mentioned before, the 'entrance ramp' part on the front of the building is not on there yet as the pdfs also seem to show that being constructed later on in the build.
We don't really know if this is how they will build it.

EDIT: I asked him if this represents an accurate indication of the building process and this is his answer:
Cheers. All done from the pdf documents available to the public on the planning website. Would have been good to have actual drawings in CAD form but the pdfs weren't too bad. Little bit of guess work inevitable but should be quite a good representation of it!

Last edited:
If someone could have done that in the 1920s, we might have seen why they had to leave a steam loco under the pitch at Wembley.

Keoghs_Rooster_1024x1024.jpg

The Rooster from the Rubble Stadium.

Or what about the Tampax Squirt-your-ѕhіtty-brand's-jamstain-here Arena.

Endless possibilities...

I asked
Absolutely.

How do Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans refer to their stadium ? I'm sure they don't call it the Sports Direct Arena (or whatever it is called).
I think they officially scrapped that name and went back to St.James' . They got Wonga as new sponsor in 2013, and they required that they change the name back to St. James' Park

I asked

I think they officially scrapped that name and went back to St.James' . They got Wonga as new sponsor in 2013, and they required that they change the name back to St. James' Park

Southampton fans never let Friends Provident Stadium or whatever it was take off. They just called it St Mary's throughout. Arsenal fans said they'd do the same re Ashburton Grove, but never managed it.

If someone could have done that in the 1920s, we might have seen why they had to leave a steam loco under the pitch at Wembley.
That's a bit of a myth. When Wembley Stadium was reconstructed in the early 2000s, no locomotive was found, although the foundations of the Watkins Folly apparently were. Watkins folly was supposed to be Londons Eiffel tower, but was never built further than the foundations, and instead they built Empire Stadium, later know as Wembley Stadium.

Southampton fans never let Friends Provident Stadium or whatever it was take off. They just called it St Mary's throughout. Arsenal fans said they'd do the same re Ashburton Grove, but never managed it.

I think a lot to do with that is 'The Friends Provident St Marys Stadium' is quite a mouthful, as is 'The Friends Provident'.

'The Emirates' is a pretty short and snappy name. If our sponsor is just Nike, or whoever, and it's 'Nike stadium' I think that us who knew White Hart Lane will call it the Lane but future genrations will refer to it as what ever it is officially called.

Back