• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I've heard that there's some substance to this. We'll see if it comes to pass, but agree with the main sentiment on here, it would be sad to think that we've already played our last European game at The Lane :(

Maybe its sentiment to think it would be a good send off for the old ground to bow out with CL football, maybe i am just the sentimental type!

Did it come out yesterday evening when today's copy is being prepared?
No idea tbh. I think those of us who commented were responding to the posting by @Jordinho.
So maybe we have been duped. (And there I was feeling pleased with myself for immediately seeing straight through Radio 4's story this morning about walkers crisps and Blue-Leicester cheese in honour of LCFC).

vhfdx7I.jpg

qOp7LCK.jpg

lPwIJyd.jpg

Our old stadium will be completely engulfed by the new one..
So really it's on the same site...longer at one end...
White Hart Lane...it is!

This is simply shocking. Now I have yet another website to be wasting time on.... learning about piling being braced on Skyscraper city ....problem is that the new stadium is really exciting - history in the making...think I need to get out more...

This is not a critique of your opinion, just a different perspective. I look at WHL with different eyes. At most I get to one match a season for geographic and financial reasons, but every time I go I have a nervous sense of expectation as I walk up to the ground. Seeing the pitch when I come out of the tunnel still gives me a buzz every time without fail. It's not a perfect stadium by any stretch of the imagination but I will miss the old gal when she is gone.

The new stadium looks, well incredible really, and it will usher in a new era for this club. I love everything I read and see about the new stadium, but equally I love the current stadium like an old friend. Savour the moments you have there. I will.
Have to agree. I've only been twice, as I live in the States. First time I cried. Second time it was like I was at home. If I'm going to miss it, I can only imagine how the regulars feel.

This is simply shocking. Now I have yet another website to be wasting time on.... learning about piling being braced on Skyscraper city ....problem is that the new stadium is really exciting - history in the making...think I need to get out more...

I love it on there. Quite interesting see the progress made at Anfield, then good to look at the new buildings planned for Manchester and London

That last picture is quality.

Starting to look like a proper development now. Problem is now, you just want to see steelwork going up and the skeleton of the stands taking shape. Will pass away a few lazy afternoons in between Euro matches over summer

I'm gonna do some fishing On Sunday as I'm due to meet some guys from Mace and Mike Rollo whilst I'm in a box

Will be interesting in what I can find out about the ground were moving too

We can all go on about how it is going to be this or it is going to be that and how upset we will be if we don't like it or it's called this or that....but the most important thing of all is that it is ours....and what ever it is....it will still be the best effing stadium in the world!!!

I'm gonna do some fishing On Sunday as I'm due to meet some guys from Mace and Mike Rollo whilst I'm in a box

Will be interesting in what I can find out about the ground were moving too

Would love to hear what they say, or at least what you are allowed to reveal

Would love to hear what they say, or at least what you are allowed to reveal

I'll say whatever they tell me - I'm there a guest so I'm not signed up to any NDAs

Last time I met with them they didn't have a scooby about where we're moving but my mate who owns the box will know more I think

Some guy on SkyscraperCity has created this amazing animation of our stadium build:

That is fabulous. Creates a real sense of excitement watching the animation unfold. Almost Colosseum like at the end. And a great title for the video - 'Hugging White Hart Lane' - literal and emotional.
Looking forward to phase 2 in du course.

That is fabulous. Creates a real sense of excitement watching the animation unfold. Almost Colosseum like at the end. And a great title for the video - 'Hugging White Hart Lane' - literal and emotional.
Looking forward to phase 2 in du course.

I am slightly gutted that it won't be called New White Hart Lane. I know initially we will refer to it as tht but as you will have seen with any stadium that changes it's name over the course of a decade the official name becomes the primary one.

When I used to play 'Football Manager' when ever our new stadium was built it was always called 'Perryman Arena' and although Steve Perryman is a hero, he'd unlikely make the top 5 names we'd opt for. it was a shocking name for the stadium :p

Back