• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

hertyid in nfl/ownership thread: Been away for a while. Spoke with my friend. He flew to Malaysia on Saturday (with Ossie again, his new travel companion) and will be in meetings the next few days. Some big commercial deals being signed by the sounds of it. Can't see this being anything but good news.

Can we have white seats instead of Chelsea blue?

Sponsor offers an extra fifty quid on top if we install seats matching their (inevitably) red or pink logo. Navy and white instantly relegated to camera-side only. Hideous, clumsy, English back-translation of traditional, schoolboy Latin motto reworded as "To Dumb Down Is To Deliver (Sponsorship Solutions Я us)". I wish they'd all just f-f-fade away.

Last edited:
  • David MigriauliMr. Levy will new stadium exterior design look like the one we've seen or it's yet to be decided?
    21·2 hrs

• Tottenham Hotspur
      Daniel: We have updated elements and we shall be making planning applications for these and running that in parallel with the works continuing on the ground.

Hopefully. It would be odd to build a new stadium that is already a decade out-of-date.

61k and something closer to the Anderlecht design (i.e. non-bowly) are my big hopes.

I know I'm in the minority but I wasn't really that impressed with the Anderlecht stadium. I didn't think it was that dissimilar to ours really.

I know I'm in the minority but I wasn't really that impressed with the Anderlecht stadium. I didn't think it was that dissimilar to ours really.

I think it was the return to having 4 proper stands (with corner infills), rather than a wavey bowl. It was a classic look, rather than the dated 00s fad.

I tend to hate all the exteriors (nasty cladding and plastic). If it was up to me I'd build it out of stone and make it look like the Colosseum.

I think it was the return to having 4 proper stands (with corner infills), rather than a wavey bowl. It was a classic look, rather than the dated 00s fad.

I tend to hate all the exteriors (nasty cladding and plastic). If it was up to me I'd build it out of stone and make it look like the Colosseum.

I think the problem with non bowl stadiums is that they tend to take up more space, the bowl shape maximises the number of spectators for the footprint of the stadium.

I would be surprised if the exterior of our new stadium doesn't end up being mostly glass.

Nah, the Colosseum's just another tossy new-fangled bowl.

central heating........

sanitation

Bloody southern softies.

10839682.3516ad66.640.jpg

@Daniel - what happened to the plan to have us remain in a partially-built White Hart Lane during the Northumberland Development project?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: Construction risk and timing - potential contractors raised concerns and we do not want to add risks that could delay the opening. And the delay caused by the CPO means we need to concentrate even further on the build time programme - it's the same as when you renovate a house, you can always do it quicker if you're not living in it at the same time.

Levy.. What is your vision for the club and how to you plan to achieve it?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: To be one of the most successful clubs in Europe. The new stadium will be a game changer for us as it will create revenues that we can invest in the First Team and deliver success on the pitch - so that is a priority for us.

Mr. Levy will new stadium exterior design look like the one we've seen or it's yet to be decided?

Tottenham HotspurDaniel: We have updated elements and we shall be making planning applications for these and running that in parallel with the works continuing on the ground.

Back