• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Atlanta Yid on COYS:

As for the profit of the club all the money that ENIC invested in the club has been made back in terms of profit the club makes money for all of its share holders.

The club has always been run like a business and always will be. If Joe decided to sell the club tomorrow every penny would come in the way of profit.

- "There used to be a football club over there.” - Keith Burkinshaw

PROF on COYS:

Another present for the COYS night shift. Off we go. This snippet is a mixture of information received over the last 12 hours from Galahad, Gabe, and several other sources, on both sides of the pond. The only point of difference between their snippets is whether DL has signed.

Deal signed by NFL and now sitting on DL's desk awaiting his autograph, for a subset of international NFL games to be played at THFC.
Wembley likely to continue hosting some of the international NFL games too.
Expected that next week's owner's meeting will approve this two site approach. Makes sense for the NFL to have options/leverage.

It is possible they owners won't green light this deal, or that DL will try something tricky that will cause the other side to lose confidence. In many ways DL is offering the most (stadium/facilities/marketing) in this deal, but also may have the most to lose (the financial benefit to THFC is large), so he is expected to play it straight, or at least as straight as he can in the circumstances (dealing with a behemoth like the NFL).

One thing about our situation that very much appeals to the NFL is the opportunity for a purpose-built stadium (pitch, facilities, etc). Wembley can't offer that (although they have the transport links) and this is an important selling point for many owners.
WHL will be a dual purpose stadium. Obviously our usage will be the lion's share, so we get the main pitch, which we won't share with the NFL. Instead, there will be a retractable pitch {see HSH forum for details and perhaps pictures - Prof} used for NFL games.

Based on precedent, expect on-site marketing to be tightly restricted; perhaps only Spurs, the new stadium sponsors and the NFL allowed to advertise.

Under the terms of the contract signed by DL this evening, financially it will be a good deal for us. Well played Danny.

Thanks to every one of Galahad's sources on this. It takes an understanding of the passion of Spurs fans to want to share interesting information with fellow COYSers, and humility not to need to post it under their own names. These people are not craving attention, but are acting on their instincts as true Spurs fans, and they (not me --- I know nothing about anything) deserve the gratitude of those who appreciate their efforts.
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif

prof:

Indepedently received, from Galahad and Gabe:

"
smiley20.gif
smiley4.gif
"

yeah Levy time, i've had one in the last 3 years, probably two in the 4 before that

i've still got them somewhere, they were for pennies

lol, I now know why, my brother bought them for me in his name on his share account. At a time I didn't buy shares, so he must have pocketed the £1 or so.

Still doesn't add up though, that statement if the dividends were pennies, no way would they have got back there input. Especially as they only recently went up from 29 odd percent ownership.

According to the Annual Reports, there was a dividend of 4p per share for the year ending 30 June 2007, a further dividend of 4p per share for the year ending 30 June 2008, totalling about £3.7 million each, most of which would have gone to ENIC, and nothing for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. From memory there was very little if anything in the way of dividend between 2001 when ENIC took over, and 2006. Atlanta Yid's comments smack of opinion rather than knowledge. That said, if ENIC sell up, you can rest assured they won't do it at a loss.

Atlanta Yid on COYS:

What I do know is that Joe Lewis is a HUGE NFL fan he has tried to but to NFL teams in the past and has been turned down.

The main reason that he was turned down had something to do with how much he likes to gamble on the game.

The NFL does not take to kindly to gambling on sports when you are part of the game.

That being said Joe wants and has tried to get the NFL franchise in London he has been working on this deal for a long time.

He not only feels like it would be a great opportunity for him to own another sports team but it would grow the brand of Tottenham Hotspur.

As for the profit of the club all the money that ENIC invested in the club has been made back in terms of profit the club makes money for all of its share holders.

The club has always been run like a business and always will be. If Joe decided to sell the club tomorrow every penny would come in the way of profit.

I've not received a penny for any of my shares, don't see how that last bit can be right.

It's not right - it's bullsh1t, just like the rest of the post.

yeah Levy time, i've had one in the last 3 years, probably two in the 4 before that

i've still got them somewhere, they were for pennies

According to the Annual Reports, there was a dividend of 4p per share for the year ending 30 June 2007, a further dividend of 4p per share for the year ending 30 June 2008, totalling about £3.7 million each, most of which would have gone to ENIC, and nothing for 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014. From memory there was very little if anything in the way of dividend between 2001 when ENIC took over, and 2006. Atlanta Yid's comments smack of opinion rather than knowledge. That said, if ENIC sell up, you can rest assured they won't do it at a loss.

lol, its not pennies haha. I have 2000 shares. I'd better ring my brother. o_O

Interesting response from Transport for London to consultation on the stadium basement planning application. They don't want to "facilitate any long term scenarios" for the stadium that were not covered by the previous application and they don't want the restriction on the number of major non football events (4 per year) to be removed.
TfL has assumed that these minor changes proposed will not allow the stadium to be able to facilitate any long term scenarios that were not considered at application stage with the exception of tournament football as stated by the planning statement. It would be beneficial if this assumption could be confirmed by the applicant. Nevertheless, in that context TfL supports that condition 17 of the extant consent restricts the number of non football events per annum to four and is not proposed to be amended or removed. In summary, TfL and based on the assumptions made above TfL has no objections to the proposed s73.

http://www.planningservices.haringey.gov.uk/portal/servlets/AttachmentShowServlet?ImageName=705213

lol Just been reminded that I said to him to treat his kids.. pmsl.. I cannot remember what I did yesterday let alone what I said 2007. o_O

He took the three kids to legoland, all coming back now haha.

That whole section that runs along the railway upto the old Sainsburys is what is part of the main reconstruction of the area.. basically Tottenham and Haringey what the lot demolished and to start again.

Look for that 25 year brochure that Haringey made and it should be in there.

Back