• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

According to my brother who has studied engineeribg at HND/HNC level the squares are what's called stanchions. Which is one these.

Long_Leg_Stanchion_Test.jpg

He said that such piling would be unlikely for what engineers call a 'live load' basically anything that moves. It's more than likely to be for a dead load, so car park would make sense. Yes cars move but the purpose of a car park is for them to be static.

He too didn't rule out a moving pitch either but did say stanchions would be a unlikely use for holding up a live load such as a moving pitch that weighs 100s if not 1000s tons.

Pfft. Call that a stanchion?

PROF on COYS:

Another present for the COYS night shift. Off we go. This snippet is a mixture of information received over the last 12 hours from Galahad, Gabe, and several other sources, on both sides of the pond. The only point of difference between their snippets is whether DL has signed.

Deal signed by NFL and now sitting on DL's desk awaiting his autograph, for a subset of international NFL games to be played at THFC.
Wembley likely to continue hosting some of the international NFL games too.
Expected that next week's owner's meeting will approve this two site approach. Makes sense for the NFL to have options/leverage.

It is possible they owners won't green light this deal, or that DL will try something tricky that will cause the other side to lose confidence. In many ways DL is offering the most (stadium/facilities/marketing) in this deal, but also may have the most to lose (the financial benefit to THFC is large), so he is expected to play it straight, or at least as straight as he can in the circumstances (dealing with a behemoth like the NFL).

One thing about our situation that very much appeals to the NFL is the opportunity for a purpose-built stadium (pitch, facilities, etc). Wembley can't offer that (although they have the transport links) and this is an important selling point for many owners.
WHL will be a dual purpose stadium. Obviously our usage will be the lion's share, so we get the main pitch, which we won't share with the NFL. Instead, there will be a retractable pitch {see HSH forum for details and perhaps pictures - Prof} used for NFL games.

Based on precedent, expect on-site marketing to be tightly restricted; perhaps only Spurs, the new stadium sponsors and the NFL allowed to advertise.

Under the terms of the contract signed by DL this evening, financially it will be a good deal for us. Well played Danny.

Thanks to every one of Galahad's sources on this. It takes an understanding of the passion of Spurs fans to want to share interesting information with fellow COYSers, and humility not to need to post it under their own names. These people are not craving attention, but are acting on their instincts as true Spurs fans, and they (not me --- I know nothing about anything) deserve the gratitude of those who appreciate their efforts.
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif
SM_hulde.gif

I'm not complaining, if there are huge Pro's to doing it and it gives us an additional source of income that other clubs don't have then I'm all in.
Only worry I have is if they now say.. In order to make these changes to the plans it's gonna add on another 18mths or 2 years or something.. I know long-term it's worth doing and waiting a bit longer in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge deal, it's just... I WANT A NEW STADIUM ALREADY! :D

I'm not complaining, if there are huge Pro's to doing it and it gives us an additional source of income that other clubs don't have then I'm all in.
Only worry I have is if they now say.. In order to make these changes to the plans it's gonna add on another 18mths or 2 years or something.. I know long-term it's worth doing and waiting a bit longer in the grand scheme of things isn't a huge deal, it's just... I WANT A NEW STADIUM ALREADY! :D

I just want to see the plans and images so i can get my hopes up of getting a season ticket before im too old.

We've already got the planning permission for converting some of the underground carparking to changing rooms, and it looks like they have already been dug in some of the recent overhead photos.

The roll-out plastic pitch shouldn't need that substantial changes. Maybe the front row of seats on one side being able to flip up so it can be stored under the stand.

We don't need a whole pitch area like that. The plastic NFL one will be able to fold up.
It would be our pitch that retracts GB. The NFL pitch would be lower down, ensuring that no rows of seats were lost in NFL mode (although I'm still not actually buying the whole NFL thing)

It would be our pitch that retracts GB. The NFL pitch would be lower down, ensuring that no rows of seats were lost in NFL mode (although I'm still not actually buying the whole NFL thing)

Not as simple as that - the much-vaunted eyeline of the seating needs to be preserved.

Time will tell. As ever, I/we await some news rather than continued speculation. Something in today's programme would be nice. Fat chance.

Not as simple as that - the much-vaunted eyeline of the seating needs to be preserved.

Time will tell. As ever, I/we await some news rather than continued speculation. Something in today's programme would be nice. Fat chance.
Well when it's something as important as this obviously they're going to plan maticulously before announcing....

Very interesting. Obviously if this goes ahead there has to be a big financial gain to be had one way or another. Maybe this gamble will prove to be a masterstoke by Levy and catapult us up the financial ladder a few rungs further than we expected.

Back