• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs South Coast Big Club OMT ***

Get your money out boys....this is where lasagne gate kicks in!

I'm of down to Paddy's now, to put a few thousand quid on la ars-agnergate to Win....

Well a couple of hundred..............................................at the very least............LOL

I'd just like a good lead going into the last 10-15mins as my heart is wondering what the fudge is going every week.

Spot on. Each week seems to be an ordeal. Cant remember the last time I wasnt clock-watching in the last 10 mins, even 3-1 v City I was still nervous.
So, yes, just for a change, a nice comfortable last 15mins would be lovely

Spot on. Each week seems to be an ordeal. Cant remember the last time I wasnt clock-watching in the last 10 mins, even 3-1 v City I was still nervous.
So, yes, just for a change, a nice comfortable last 15mins would be lovely

As long as we win I don't care much how we get the 3 points...

I think this will be a tough game, expecting Southampton to be up for a bounce back after their loss against WBA. They were on a good run of form before that, they can play without much pressure and seemed to be enjoying their football up until the WBA game at least. Perhaps they're trailing off as they don't have much to play for and the WBA game was an indication of that, I hope so, but I'm not convinced.

Hope we go straight at them, put them under loads of pressure and make it tough for them. No tip toeing around in the opening minutes, no taking it easy and see how the match develops, just straight at them and go for the early goal.

Had a dream that Siggy started and scored a screamer.

I don't want to sound down on Dempsey as he's obviously a really hard worker, but it seems like he doesn't really make the most of the chances that come his way, during his time here he doesn't seem to have exceptionally great skills. Also he's been having this tendency to take some fairly pointless shots, 1 in 100 of these will get a deflection off a defender and cause an issue but apart from that his outside of the box shots seem to be harmless and just result in us losing the ball.

Siggy did some really good things for us in Bale's absence and I think it'll be a bit of a blow to him to be stuck on the bench after finally getting in to form; The Sig brings me much closer to the edge of my seat than Dempsey does and does also work hard, if it's a choice between one or the other I hope AVB goes for the Icelander.

Also want to see anyone but Parker start, it's getting ridiculous now, it was like Harry sticking with him in the 2nd half of last season. Hudd, Holtby, Carroll, Livermore, all would provide something different, from the recent games I've seen it's just not really worked with Parker in the middle (cue him to start and play a blinder, which I'd be very happy about)

I don't want to sound down on Dempsey as he's obviously a really hard worker, but it seems like he doesn't really make the most of the chances that come his way, during his time here he doesn't seem to have exceptionally great skills. Also he's been having this tendency to take some fairly pointless shots, 1 in 100 of these will get a deflection off a defender and cause an issue but apart from that his outside of the box shots seem to be harmless and just result in us losing the ball.

Siggy did some really good things for us in Bale's absence and I think it'll be a bit of a blow to him to be stuck on the bench after finally getting in to form; The Sig brings me much closer to the edge of my seat than Dempsey does and does also work hard, if it's a choice between one or the other I hope AVB goes for the Icelander.

Also want to see anyone but Parker start, it's getting ridiculous now, it was like Harry sticking with him in the 2nd half of last season. Hudd, Holtby, Carroll, Livermore, all would provide something different, from the recent games I've seen it's just not really worked with Parker in the middle (cue him to start and play a blinder, which I'd be very happy about)

Although on the other hand Dempsey has scored some vital goals. He must be around 10 for the season musn't he? Which, considering he's been in, out and shunted around is a pretty good return. He's also scored some crucial goals. I thought his goal against City was brilliant, exactly what no-one else in who plays in an advanced position for us would do: be in the right place to finish off a move inside the 6 yard box. I suspect we're probably one of the teams who has scored the least goals from within 10 feet of our opponents goal (i'm sure such a stat probably doesn't exist).

Works hard, never stops - his talent is also a bit underrated: I remember a beautiful reserve pass to Ade against Sunderland that never got finished off. I think he, like all of our creative / attacking players, is suffering from the tinkle poor movement of Defoe and Ade this season.

I like him. In the context of our current squad our start him whenever he's fit. He's gritty, I like that, never stops working and has goals and assists in him too. Good player.

Scott Parker? The less said the better. He weaknesses were painfully evident last season - I remember arguing with MLK about him. He was a counter productive element last season, but this he doesn't have Modric to hide behind.

Is it time for a Spurs weekend? Will it finally happen? We beat Saints, Arsenal lose to QPR? WE go to Chelsea seeing it as a bonus game with the pressure off to a certain extent? Probably not.

More likely? Fall behind early and labour to a 1-1 drew. Arsenal stroll to comfortable 1-3 / 1-4 win at QPR. Everyone on here says, "well, I had us down for a draw in the last four and still making Champions League."

Surely we have it in us to beat Saints [-o<

Based on recent games I think Dempsey quite clearly should start ahead of Sig.

If we start Defoe as a lone striker Dempsey also gives us a decent physical and aerial presence for when we're forced to play the long balls.

I also want to see just about anyone other than Parker at the moment, although I think he should start against Chelsea as we'll need him against their attacking players today we should be looking to control the game and we need a passer in there.

Crossing my fingers that Dembele is fit.

Although on the other hand Dempsey has scored some vital goals. He must be around 10 for the season musn't he? Which, considering he's been in, out and shunted around is a pretty good return. He's also scored some crucial goals. I thought his goal against City was brilliant, exactly what no-one else in who plays in an advanced position for us would do: be in the right place to finish off a move inside the 6 yard box. I suspect we're probably one of the teams who has scored the least goals from within 10 feet of our opponents goal (i'm sure such a stat probably doesn't exist).

Works hard, never stops - his talent is also a bit underrated: I remember a beautiful reserve pass to Ade against Sunderland that never got finished off. I think he, like all of our creative / attacking players, is suffering from the tinkle poor movement of Defoe and Ade this season.

I like him. In the context of our current squad our start him whenever he's fit. He's gritty, I like that, never stops working and has goals and assists in him too. Good player.

Fair points, you can't really argue with the crucial goals that he has popped up with over the season and some grit in our side isn't a bad thing by any stretch but your last sentence for me might be the issue. He is most certainly a good player, but I don't see him ever being much more than that at this stage of his career, and to me, Sigguurrrrrdsssson has shown glimpses that would suggest that he has got the potential to be much more than a good player, I wouldn't want his development being stalled by someone who is seen as a good squad player.

Had a match deam myself last night. Match was 2-2 going into added time, Parker put a ball though to Lennon, who then got fouled in the box. Ref gave a pen, and nobody wanted to step up and take the pen. Then I woke up #-o

Fair points, you can't really argue with the crucial goals that he has popped up with over the season and some grit in our side isn't a bad thing by any stretch but your last sentence for me might be the issue. He is most certainly a good player, but I don't see him ever being much more than that at this stage of his career, and to me, Sigguurrrrrdsssson has shown glimpses that would suggest that he has got the potential to be much more than a good player, I wouldn't want his development being stalled by someone who is seen as a good squad player.

Development deschvelopment. Right now it's all about the points.

Sig has shown glimpses of being very good, but he's also been mediocre at the very best in some games including his last start against City where he was our worst player by some distance.

I agree. I'm actually a big fan of Siggy and think he'll turn out to be an excellent player. He's certainly shown enough this season to suggest he should be part of our planning. If a couple that went just wide or hit the post (that one at Liverpool for what would have been a third still haunts me) then his season could have been completely different.

However, we need results NOW. The next four games are crucial, so at this stage any thoughts of development need to be put on hold imo, and we need players on the pitch who have most chance of getting the job done. I'd say that Dempsey is definitely that man this season.

TRAVEL UPDATE - M25 CLOSURE

Posted 04 May 2013 11:01am

The M25 has been closed since the early hours of this morning clockwise between Junction 25 (A10, Enfield) and J27 (M11) due to a spillage.

We await news of when the road will re-open.

In the meantime, fans using this route should expect congestion in this area.

All further updates will be posted via our official Twitter account @SpursOfficial.

The M25 has been closed since the early hours of this morning clockwise between Junction 25 (A10, Enfield) and J27 (M11) due to a spillage.

All further updates will be posted via our official Twitter account @SpursOfficial.

My GHod I don't miss the days of M3, M25 to get to Spurs.

And then there's the North Circular. Always a delight.

Development deschvelopment. Right now it's all about the points.

Sig has shown glimpses of being very good, but he's also been mediocre at the very best in some games including his last start against City where he was our worst player by some distance.

I didn't see the City game so can't really comment. If he was poor than that's fair enough picking Dempsey to start against Wigan, but I didn't see much from him that game to justify his selection today if for example Siggy's been properly on it in training this week. Dempsey has also had many mediocre games, both have had phases of being on and off form this season so it's a tough call for AVB

Tbh, alhtough it bumps up the cost, this is why we now travel down the night before,most home games. Although even last night J22-J24 was gridlocked, as was J27-29 for those not coming off at Enfield.
Absolute nightmare for those driving in today from the M1

Back