• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur FC vs South Coast Big Club OMT ***

You have to fudging laugh at this team.

All fudging week they come out with stuff like 'must win game', '100 percent needed', and 'only four wins from four will do.' All fudging week.

Then they trot out on the pitch and proceed to collectively play like old grandmothers unsure of whether or not they left the kettle on at home.

Clattenburg has been woeful, but I've always maintained that no matter how badly a referee performs, he is not the sole or even primary reason for a team's bad performance.

Shape up, boot up, shut up and put up. Simple enough. If you want CL football as badly as you claim you do, lads, then prove it.

If AVB doesn't fire a gravelly-sounding rocket up their dopey arses at half-time, I'll be very surprised.

That was absolute brick. Again.

Losing we can all accept, our squad isn't as good as Chelsea or Arsenal, but the lack of coherence, shape or discernible tactics is nothing short of a disgrace.

I know we have serious gaps in the squad - I thought midfield would be our Achilles heel this season, and imo, it largely has been the striker situation is a joke.

I'm a big AVB supporter, and I know he doesn't have the ideal personnel - but how can Pochettino have Southampton looking so cohesive which such a clear plan, possession, pushing and pressure on the ball in about 5 minutes, whilst AVB hasn't been able to mould anything out of us in a whole season.

Earlier in the year I could see it coming together - Man U home and largely Liverpool away were very good tactical performances. I thought away from home we were strong and counter attacking and the home form and tactics / shape would come.

Now the whole thing just looks a fudging shambles. We look miles away, devoid of any kind of style or shape. Dreadful.

some (step forward steff) seem to think AVB is a tactical wizard.

Time for him to prove it methinks.

HT 0-0

Must.

Do.

Better.

We will do better 2nd half . Same tactics as against Emirates Marketing Project with a deliberate slow opening hour by us . We will up our game when we see they're slowing up in the heat, then hit them hard with 2 quick goals ! [-o<

Not been that bad, not been that good. Pretty average performance thus far.

Would tell the lads to try and play on the floor more, the balls across the middle and over the top are generally only serving to slow down our tempo or lose possession. They are also obvious because we are doing them every single time.

Wouldn't do any subs, we lost one with Dembele going off. Leave it as it is for the next fifteen.

Excellent summary

Do we miss Parker?

fudge no. If we can't string passes together without him I cringe at the idea of him being in this midfield.

Walker is lumping the ball long far too much. We don't want a midfielder on giving him more of the ball in our own corner.

fudge no. If we can't string passes together without him I cringe at the idea of him being in this midfield.

Walker is lumping the ball long far too much. We don't want a midfielder on giving him more of the ball in our own corner.

Time to all stick together and get behind team..........its0-0 were not down by 5............

COYS 2nd half we can do this!!!!!!!

COME ON!!!!

That was absolute brick. Again.

Losing we can all accept, our squad isn't as good as Chelsea or Arsenal, but the lack of coherence, shape or discernible tactics is nothing short of a disgrace.

I know we have serious gaps in the squad - I thought midfield would be our Achilles heel this season, and imo, it largely has been the striker situation is a joke.

I'm a big AVB supporter, and I know he doesn't have the ideal personnel - but how can Pochettino have Southampton looking so cohesive which such a clear plan, possession, pushing and pressure on the ball in about 5 minutes, whilst AVB hasn't been able to mould anything out of us in a whole season.

Earlier in the year I could see it coming together - Man U home and largely Liverpool away were very good tactical performances. I thought away from home we were strong and counter attacking and the home form and tactics / shape would come.

Now the whole thing just looks a fudging shambles. We look miles away, devoid of any kind of style or shape. Dreadful.

its amazing.

Pochettino doesnt even speak english :)

Team needs to beat brick out of the ref ..by the sound of it...

Come On You Spurs......................................................................................................................................

Not quite sure what the Dempsey hate is about today. He's been far more involved than Lennon who i can't actually recall doing anything on the pitch in the first half.

Not been that bad, not been that good. Pretty average performance thus far.

Would tell the lads to try and play on the floor more, the balls across the middle and over the top are generally only serving to slow down our tempo or lose possession. They are also obvious because we are doing them every single time.

Wouldn't do any subs, we lost one with Dembele going off. Leave it as it is for the next fifteen.

Apart from the 'not been that bad' bit, I agree. The reverse balls BAE and Hudd keep trying are good ideas, but they're getting predictable very quickly.

The problem is, we've been crowded out in midfield very effectively, which restricts our passing options drastically.

Our players always seem to receive the ball at high speed, running parallel to the opposition or being harried by defensive runners. Other teams don't have that problem: they have enough players with upper-body strength, so they are able to pass the ball forward with the certainty that it will stay up front for an acceptable period, as the receiving player backs into the opposition, receives the ball with his back to goal, swivels and looks for options.

We never seem to try that, and whether it's because we're just physically incapable of doing so as a unit or because our game doesn't suit that kind of playing style is the question to answer, for me.

It's not very hard to knock us out of our stride. There is no genius behind it. Just press us high up the park and we're basically poor.

Problems as i see them are huge gap betwwen the centre of midfield and the attack.
Southampton are dropping back to protect against defoe and Huddlestone is dropping back to get space to work in, so there this huge gap with no spurs player in.
Then you have Bale and Lennon with no space to play balls in behind Southampton(because theyre so deep) so theyre trying to aim crosses into Defoe which never works.

We need to push the central midfield up and control the game and camp outside their penalty area. Hudd has no intention of moving beyond the centre circle.

They if we are going to continue to have Hudd deep we need Ade on for Bale and Lennon to cross to.
Or we could sacrifice lennon or Dempsey for Carroll, move to 433 and have carroll and holtby playing high up in the centre.

Back