• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

OT ;) Dier is not perfect but what player is? He frequently steps into the breach when a player is put out of action.
He is a special Spurs player, with the a big heart.

Thought our defending on Saturday was excellent barring the odd 'comedy moment'.

Poch said Toby 'could' be back for Leicester!

Yeah Baby

I think I'd take my chances against Arsenal without him and Kane to keep them out of the international games coming up.

I think I'd take my chances against Arsenal without him and Kane to keep them out of the international games coming up.

Leverkusen will like us to put out a central midfield pairing of Wanyama, Dembele. IMHO just too slow offensively. 1 point to us.
If we get a point from Arsenal without the Kane and Toby I would be over the moon in a strange sort way.
Our team ethos is now very risk averse.

So what is your chosen CM pairing for weds Stephen? Sissoko in for Dembele?

There is the problem. We are at home so I would like to go with.

LLoris
Walker Dier Vert Rose
Wanyama Alli
Lamela Eriksen Son
VJ
I keep Dembele up my sleeve and see how things pan out. We know Eriksen and Alli can swap as needed.
I dont see Sissoko* anywhere near the starting 11, prefer to give Winks a run out from the bench along with GKN.

* his time would be better used on his Mandarin lessons ;)

Has Pochettino given this game the kiss of death yet, by labeling it "must win". :cool:

There is the problem. We are at home so I would like to go with.

LLoris
Walker Dier Vert Rose
Wanyama Alli
Lamela Eriksen Son
VJ
I keep Dembele up my sleeve and see how things pan out. We know Eriksen and Alli can swap as needed.
I dont see Sissoko* anywhere near the starting 11, prefer to give Winks a run out from the bench along with GKN.

* his time would be better used on his Mandarin lessons ;)

Has Pochettino given this game the kiss of death yet, by labeling it "must win". :cool:
Hmmmm didn't we play similar against Monaco?.... with the problem being that when they played through our press as they did on a fair few occasions in the first half, they were basically always bearing down on our goal with a 3 on 3 situation?

Hmmmm didn't we play similar against Monaco?.... with the problem being that when they played through our press as they did on a fair few occasions in the first half, they were basically always bearing down on our goal with a 3 on 3 situation?
Monaco yes! Yes it was a problem but we need goals. You pays you money a takes your choice.

Monaco yes! Yes it was a problem but we need goals. You pays you money a takes your choice.
It lost us the game against Monaco though. Maybe the gamble for the win was worth it? Or maybe the control we had in the second half would've resulted in a goal of it had lasted 90 minutes instead of 45?

Yep and it was a shocking performance. There were a few fixtures around then when Alli played in the 2 and it was awful to watch IIRC. He wants to create chances further ahead and left Wanyama exposed too often, esp on a bigger pitch. Pleeeease don't do that again Poch. Chicarito will be running the channels all game looking to get in behind on a larger pitch. We need people who can stifle his supply and win the ball, for me that's a Wanyama & Dembele combo with Alli further up in the three.

The way he went down it looked serious. Missing him and Kane, arguably the two most important players last season. Get well soon Toby.

Won 5 in a row before he got injured. Drawn 3 and lost 2 without him.

He does way more than organise the defence. He starts off move after move. We struggle to play the ball out of defence without him. He passes the ball much better than the central midfielders playing in front of him.

Back