• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Toby Alderweireld

I like Dier very much mate, but he made 2 big mistakes against Bournemouth which on another day will be punished. He let Arter go for the shot which was brilliantly saved by lloris and he lost the ball to Max Gradell in a very dangerous area. I don't think he has been up to the high standards he set in the last 2 seasons.

Eh??? Arter didn't have a shot all game

If you mean the one tipped on the bar, that was the whole defence looking the wrong way

He did make that error against gradel I agree but was covered by his team mate as should be the case (not excusing the error)

Eh??? Arter didn't have a shot all game

If you mean the one tipped on the bar, that was the whole defence looking the wrong way

He did make that error against gradel I agree but was covered by his team mate as should be the case (not excusing the error)
Watch the arter shot again from a corner at the beginning of the first half. He was Dier's man but he got a run on Dier. Don't know how to embed a video other wise would post it here.

Watch the arter shot again from a corner at the beginning of the first half. He was Dier's man but he got a run on Dier. Don't know how to embed a video other wise would post it here.

I honestly don't remember that shot

The only save I remember hugo making was from Charlie Daniels when he tipped it on the bar

I like Dier very much mate, but he made 2 big mistakes against Bournemouth which on another day will be punished. He let Arter go for the shot which was brilliantly saved by lloris and he lost the ball to Max Gradell in a very dangerous area. I don't think he has been up to the high standards he set in the last 2 seasons.

If you're talking about his pass on halfway that was intercepted, I think that should've been given as a foul by Gradel on Dembele. Dier played the ball that was intercepted and at the same time Gradel tugged Dembele back and ran past him. Dembele to his massive credit got back and cut out the danger. The only fella at fault there was the ref for not spotting the tug/foul. It was in keeping with Pawson's poor overall showing.

I'd blame the whole defence for that personally

Verts face the wrong way and everyone switched off

Generally poor defending

Yea verts turned around at a vital moment which meant he missed the opportunity to attack/intercept the crosser, no doubt he was just looking for his man etc. but that split second meant he couldn't close down and stop the cross.

I find it quite interesting that Dier seems to be immune from criticism from some on here.

My thoughts are that the worst aspect of his game is probably his defending of crosses, where he tends to switch off and lose his man a little too often for my liking. I don't think it is something massively worrying however as he is still young and reasonably inexperienced.

I find it quite interesting that Dier seems to be immune from criticism from some on here.

My thoughts are that the worst aspect of his game is probably his defending of crosses, where he tends to switch off and lose his man a little too often for my liking. I don't think it is something massively worrying however as he is still young and reasonably inexperienced.

I don't think he's particularly good as a CB, but at least we aren't conceding. His positioning is questionable.

I don't think he's particularly good as a CB, but at least we aren't conceding. His positioning is questionable.
I think it's spot on the point out his mistakes but we have to take into account that he hasn't actually played CB in the premier league much. He spent a lot of his first season filling in at RB, and ALL of last season as a fantastic DM. He's also coming back from injury. Oh, and he's 22.

I think it's spot on the point out his mistakes but we have to take into account that he hasn't actually played CB in the premier league much. He spent a lot of his first season filling in at RB, and ALL of last season as a fantastic DM. He's also coming back from injury. Oh, and he's 22.

He doesn't make me nervous any longer, like in his first season. Better than John Stones though.

Dare I ask, any update on Toby? Am I allowed to even ask? :cool:
He's quite worked up about the Eric Dier debate and has had to be sedated because in his view DIer is a top, top player who is still young and hasn't played CB much and is just coming back from injury so give him a break and everyone makes mistakes and Dembele got back and made the tackle so it was only a corner and we haven't lost with Dier at the back and it's not Dier's fault we are not clinical in front of goal.

OT ;) Dier is not perfect but what player is? He frequently steps into the breach when a player is put out of action.
He is a special Spurs player, with the a big heart.

Thought our defending on Saturday was excellent barring the odd 'comedy moment'.

Poch said Toby 'could' be back for Leicester!

Last edited:
Back