• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

The manager did his bit. He dropped Ade and asked the chairman to sell him. Levy failed.

That's far from the only evidence - Ade in his own words has told us what happened.

If things were the other way round and Ade gets on with AVB, scores goals for him until AVB was sacked and then supposedly undermines TS, you know fine rightly that you would be criticising TS for freezing him out.

You normally let your blind hatred for TS blind you, but in this case you're letting your love for AVB blind you.

On the second point, sorry I mis-worded my post. I should have said that the only facts we have are the goals Ade has scored under TS. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest Ade has ever said 'I am better than AVB at managing football teams' like you are suggesting he has.

And you never answered my question, would you rather be where we are now or fourth?

The problem with Sherwood is that he could lead us to the title and folk would still hate him. Perhaps it was inevitable for anyone coming in after AVB. A new start is needed...as a club we need to coalesce around a new Manager and gain fresh impetus. A new start. OK so I would like the manager to be a little more like Martinez - a very classy guy I think.

But if no-one wants it, and Tim stays, let's hope he learns QUICKLY. Fortunately i don't think it is going to happen.

The problem with Sherwood is that he could lead us to the Championship and folk would hate him even more. Perhaps it was inevitable for anyone coming in after AVB. A new start is needed...as a club we need to coalesce around a new Manager and gain fresh impetus. A new start. OK so I would like the manager to be a little more like Martinez - a very classy guy I think.

But if no-one wants it, and Tim stays, let's hope he learns QUICKLY. Fortunately i don't think it is going to happen.

Fixed it for you

Whoever is in place next season, they must address our slow starts. We used to come out all guns blazing, and it worked. If we had put in more first half performances this term we would be in the mix for at least a top 4 finish.

My problem with Tim is that he has not sorted out the 2 main issues that have dogged us this season namely the slow starts and poor defensive shape. The defensive shape I can almost forgive as the emphasis has been on scoring. But the poor starts, suggest there is something wrong with our preparation for matches. Like late goals in my opinion this is all about mental prep and if he were to get the job for longer I am concerned he seems unable to change this.

Today
----------

Pro's:
Half time team talk must've been great to listen in on, because some players were ****e. Second half performance was a step up
At half time he made some tweeks and we dominated the second half. Eriksen came in centrally and Chadli looked to be playing as the deepest player in the setup. Oh and Vlad was taken off
We lost our way after the subs, most notably the Siggy one as Eriksen got shifted wide again and we noticably lost our tempo.

Cons:
The team were a shambles in the first half and the midfield was out of shape. Check a few replays and you can see massive spaces opening up ahead of our defence.
Our defending was poor again.
A very bad opening 15 minutes. We keep making these individual mistakes so I'm guessing the players aren't going out motivated.

So he gets some stick for the first half but some credit for the changes made at half time. I still don't think he should be our coach next year but I'm not gonna be the same as others on here and write him off straight away. Our defence needs sorting out big time.

Go watch the game again, nothing we did at half time changed the game. West Brom decided to defend the lead in the second half, stopped attacking us and allowed us possession, instantly we looked a better team.

Nothing new, a crap pub side attacks us and we look purely amateur hour, anyone sits back and lets us get the ball (ala Sunderland, 2nd half vs. West Brom), we look like we can score at will.

Really 3-0 down against West Brom .. wtf ...

Go watch the game again, nothing we did at half time changed the game. West Brom decided to defend the lead in the second half, stopped attacking us and allowed us possession, instantly we looked a better team.

Nothing new, a crap pub side attacks us and we look purely amateur hour, anyone sits back and lets us get the ball (ala Sunderland, 2nd half vs. West Brom), we look like we can score at will.

Really 3-0 down against West Brom .. wtf ...

Just watching the goals on Motd all 3 of their goals were an absolute joke defensively. No defensive organisation at all.

Oh behave we were heading for mid table with AVB persisting with Soldado up front.

Laughing%20seal-1567929.png

Didn't watch today's game but just seen the MOTD highlights.

Why on Earth was chadli in a central midfield partnership with Paulinho?

Just watching the goals on Motd all 3 of their goals were an absolute joke defensively. No defensive organisation at all.

...what do you expect when we have no-tactics-Tim in charge? Defensive organisation, sorry I mean SOME defensive organisation is the cornerstone of any decent coach.
Our squad is better than Sherwood is showcasing; it should/would have been challenging if the team were being coached properly.

Slow starts again and again at least show the board that Sherwood is all talk and no tactical/coaching acumen...as many predicted...

...what do you expect when we have no-tactics-Tim in charge? Defensive organisation, sorry I mean SOME defensive organisation is the cornerstone of any decent coach.
Our squad is better than Sherwood is showcasing; it should/would have been challenging if the team were being coached properly.

Slow starts again and again at least show the board that Sherwood is all talk and no tactical/coaching acumen...as many predicted...

So's scoring goals unfortunately under your guy we could n't, shame we can't get a coach that can do both.

Really how did you see it ending exactly?

Like last season, AVB turning things around and eventually challenging for top 4; we gave away such a chance by sacking AVB for Sherwood; the moment we had to settle for TS our chance for top 4 had finished (I said so in January).

I think the 5-0 defeat with 10 men vs Liverpool was bad but not as bad as what we've seen overall since imo

We are literally rudderless and it's now clear for all (including the board thankfully) to see

So's scoring goals unfortunately under your guy we could n't, shame we can't get a coach that can do both.

As I've said above, I think AVB would have turned it around; in fact after the City game he had started to; the results speak for themselves after the 6-0

Like last season, AVB turning things around and eventually challenging for top 4; we gave away such a chance by sacking AVB for Sherwood; the moment we had to settle for TS our chance for top 4 had finished (I said so in January).

I think the 5-0 defeat with 10 men vs Liverpool was bad but not as bad as what we've seen overall since imo

We are literally rudderless and it's now clear for all (including the board thankfully) to see

I have lost the will to argue there is so much wrong with that... Never mind I will agree to disagree.

As I've said above, I think AVB would have turned it around; in fact after the City game he had started to; the results speak for themselves after the 6-0

Mate I was at the Fulham game just after the City one I can assure you we were not turning it around. Two long shots two goals that was it. Without Ade we would be no where, stop kidding your self.

I have lost the will to argue there is so much wrong with that... Never mind I will agree to disagree.

Ditto; TS has sucked all the energy from a lot of us I feel; even shivermetimbers doesn't bother defending him insanely like he used to.

I will simply ask you this: if you were given the choice again of sacking AVB and only if he was to be replaced by TS would you still have gone for it?

Spurs scored 81 goals in 54 Premier League matches under AVB (average: 1.5 goals per game).

And 33 goals in 18 Premier League matches under Sherwood so far (average: 1.83 goals per game).

Over an entire season of 38 matches, that makes 57 goals under AVB and 70 goals under Sherwood.

Back