• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

If Baldini still thinks he's the man for the job after more time with him then yes, I'd defer to his (clearly more expert) opinion.

I'd still think Timmeh's a **** though, but that's another discussion.

If Sherwood is kept around after the summer either as head coach or as an assistant with the view to the head coach down the line do you think that decision would have been made without Baldini's involvement?

Not quite sure exactly which profanity hides behind the 4 asterisks, but whatever it is it seems that many top class managers could be described with similar words. Obviously also many mediocre and outright poor managers, but again I don't see it as an argument against Sherwood.

If Baldini still thinks he's the man for the job after more time with him then yes, I'd defer to his (clearly more expert) opinion.

I'd still think Timmeh's a **** though, but that's another discussion.

Of course, i'm sure that there are many that would say that LVG, Mourinho and most successful managers are ****s too.

Yesterday was a fairly pants performance but we got the result which is what maters most.

Whilst I was watching the 1st half, something that I noticed was Everton pressed so much better than us. Anytime Ade, or anyone picked up the ball their final third they were immediately closed down and their options cut off by supporting players. We on the other hand seemed to stand off and watch them.

When TS came out and said the same thing after the game I started thinking to myself, why? It seems that under AVB they couldn't follow the instructions of the manager, now we are seeing evidence of the same thing under TS. The same players conceded 11 goals in total over two games against Emirates Marketing Project. Professional footballers shouldn't be conceding that number against anyone, no-matter who the manager is our what system is being played.

Is it just that our players aren't as good as we think?

And interestingly, it was Sherwood who brought Freund back to the club not AVB.

Yesterday was a fairly pants performance but we got the result which is what maters most.

Whilst I was watching the 1st half, something that I noticed was Everton pressed so much better than us. Anytime Ade, or anyone picked up the ball their final third they were immediately closed down and their options cut off by supporting players. We on the other hand seemed to stand off and watch them.

When TS came out and said the same thing after the game I started thinking to myself, why? It seems that under AVB they couldn't follow the instructions of the manager, now we are seeing evidence of the same thing under TS. The same players conceded 11 goals in total over two games against Emirates Marketing Project. Professional footballers shouldn't be conceding that number against anyone, no-matter who the manager is our what system is being played.

It's an interesting question.

In terms of pressing, being a disciplined part of a unit working together like Everton did and like we've seen City and other clubs do I'm not sure if our players are that great. Biggest question marks for me out of the starters yesterday being Eriksen and Ade. I think Lennon, Dembele and Bentaleb do fine whereas Paulinho is a bit hit and miss.

i think there is talent there, but it takes more to be successful on a long term basis......in game intelligence for one, I see many of our players making wrong choices on the pitch. Secondly being vocal during a game, i dont see enough our players communicating with each other. Finally, how many have the guts to give all they have in order to reach the top? Drive, desire, passion, whatever you want to call it

I think that one of the things that may have counted against Freund is that he is meant to be very much a joker on the training ground. Maybe they thought that he would struggle to step up and command respect because of this.
exactly........

Harry had a great way of doing that too ;)

Let's continue with the future matey!

Yep Arry and AVB were as bad as eachother doing it. It's just that one is ridiculed for it and the other one gets his bull**** swept under the rug.

Sherwood has been painfully honest every post match interview so far and long may it continue.

Yep Arry and AVB were as bad as eachother doing it. It's just that one is ridiculed for it and the other one gets his bull**** swept under the rug.

Sherwood has been painfully honest every post match interview so far and long may it continue.

Being honest is one thing .. go ****ing do something about it

The thing with TS is, he has had training ground time, a lot of it due to being out of the cups, yet the team seems terribly undisciplined (especially outside of back 4), that to me has very little to do with player talent, winning mentality, decision making, that is -> coaching.

The thing with TS is, he has had training ground time, a lot of it due to being out of the cups, yet the team seems terribly undisciplined (especially outside of back 4), that to me has very little to do with player talent, winning mentality, decision making, that is -> coaching.
remember that we have Chris Ramsey, the Uefa licence coaching assessor, as one of our main coaches......coaching shouldnt be a problem. I really think that some of the players are unable to follow training ground instructions once out in front of 30k plus fans. Ive said it before, we have talented players but im not sure how many of them have the balls or brains to perform to the required standard

I agree with the pressing argument. We do stand off of teams and some of the players look afraid to put their foot in, as if just chasing them away from goal is enough.

And that is why you're not our coach.

What happens on the training ground is vastly different to what happens once you get out on game day.

You're up against different players who do different things to on those you encounter on the training ground, 30k fans getting on your back affects you, pitch conditions, refereeing decisions, different players alongside you making decisions that work against you, there are too many factors for it to be the same in both places. You can only train a player so much the rest has to be left up to the individual to put into practice.

There's no way Sherwood and Van Gaal can work together. They have completely different ideas about management.
Van Gaal is all about the system, giving the players no freedom, instead they are cogs in his system under his authoritarian orders.
Sherwood seems to be about man management, letting the players express themselves and trusting in players.

If Tim is as smart as he appears to be, and he knows Levy is set on LVG, then it would be a wise choice on his part…more tools and all that…Lost Mango makes a great point above though.

Perhaps it's fair to say that most managers like to engage in it. Agree re: Sherwood, though again, I think he's a smart an when it comes to knowing what to say. But personally? I say hats off to him thus far, because he is keeping us in touch with a near-impossibility this season given the way it's gone down, and he must have some skills for that to be happening.

Perhaps it's fair to say that most managers like to engage in it. Agree re: Sherwood, though again, I think he's a smart an when it comes to knowing what to say. But personally? I say hats off to him thus far, because he is keeping us in touch with a near-impossibility this season given the way it's gone down, and he must have some skills for that to be happening.

Or a load of good luck

Agreed. I said something similar when Sherwood was given the job in the first place. If Sherwood accepts that this half a season is an opportunity for him, but that long term he's not quite ready for a job like this and that he could learn under someone like LvG could be very good both for him and the club..

I get that you don't like Sherwood, but what has Freund ever done to make you think that he is the right man?

Like it or not, but Levy and Baldini are in a much better position to evaluate these things. Even if you think you're a better judge of character and ability than them the fact that they have orders of magnitude more information available to them should count for something.

Freund has 7 years coaching experience, including 2 national setups (Germany and Nigeria) and at senior club level. Timmeh has 15 months coaching experience of a youth team.

LVG with Sherwood as his assistant?????:lol: would be mad but most of Levys managerial decisions are mad so i guess why would he change now. If LVG is the choice i think its best he bring in his own backroom staff and IF Sherwood wants to learn from LVG there is nothing stopping him from watching training sessions. Freund??? I just dont see him as future PL managerial material, so i dont see the point in grooming him for such a role once LVG leaves. Something about about him screams assistant, not top dog

LVG has Blind and Kluivert as his current backroom team. I think there'd be room for Freund and Parks to stay alongside those two.

Freund has 7 years coaching experience, including 2 national setups (Germany and Nigeria) and at senior club level. Timmeh has 15 months coaching experience of a youth team.

That's not true regarding Sherwood, he was brought in as a coach under Redknapp in October 2008.

Back