• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood…gone \o/

Do you want Tim Sherwood to stay as manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Tim Sherwood - Head Coach

Football is very simple. You attack as a team and you defend as a team. All the players have a responsibility to support their team mates, when they don't you get beat. All the rest is smoke and mirrors and journalists making up crap to fool the gullible.

Football is very simple. You attack as a team and you defend as a team. All the players have a responsibility to support their team mates, when they don't you get beat. All the rest is smoke and mirrors and journalists making up crap to fool the gullible.

:ross: Can I borrow your time machine? I miss the 80s too

I'm not sure that having a deep-lying player is inconsistent with attacking football - in fact, I think the opposite.
As long as that player is a Carrick type rather than a Parker type then the extra space they gain from sitting deeper allows them to be more creative. If the opposition press that player heavily then we have all that space behind to attack as Liverpool did against us.

I get the impression that Timmeh thinks that our deepest midfielder has to be high up the pitch to be playing attacking football - I think that's far from the case. I also think that there's very little point wanting to play attacking football if you don't have the ball.

On the 'Carrick - Parker scale of central midfielders' where does Bentaleb fall compared to our other central midfield options in your opinion?

Didn't have any answer today really, unable to get things going either through a change in tactics or personnel. Everton next as well.

Tough times but if you want to be a successful manager then you need to show you can deal with it.

Pretty much how the gooners are playing at the moment and are doing so successfully.

I don't think for a second that you honestly believe that's a there is to their 'success'.

It's a bit like saying moon landings just involve strapping some explosives to something pointy.

If it really is that easy, why isn't everyone doing it? How come some teams beat others?

On the 'Carrick - Parker scale of central midfielders' where does Bentaleb fall compared to our other central midfield options in your opinion?

Definitely further toward the Carrick end, that's why I'm surprised Timmeh isn't utilising him in that way - he's playing closer to the Modric role IMO.

Didn't have any answer today really, unable to get things going either through a change in tactics or personnel. Everton next as well.

Tough times but if you want to be a successful manager then you need to show you can deal with it.

It's a shame Paulinho doesn't sound a bit like the word bail.

Otherwise I could make a fvcktonne of lazy references to Timmeh being Paulinho'd out today.

Today was a conunndrum. I looked at the bench and wondered who would've changed that game. I wondered what would've happened if Soldado could do his primary job. I wondered what would've happened if Eriksen could do his job. Rose? Ah well... Too many players are just not performing. I still think we need to see what he does with a fully fit squad (Sandro and Townsend) but the signs are not amazing. I'd love to join the party and blame this draw on him but I can't. We started today with an alarming lack of verve, yet that's how we started often under AVB. I'd say that realistically, in these games, we need to take teams to the sword in the first 20-30 minutes and put the game away fast. We have the talent. There are so many question marks right now over the club (who's performing who's not, why, who might've come in during Jan, why they didn't, who's going to be the manager in the summer, what is the chairman's position on where we are, where will Baldini be in July) that it feels miraculous we are still in with a shout. Today was (sadly) typical Spurs. We've seen it too many times under too many managers. The question becomes whether Sherwood is the man who can break that habit/mentality or whether we throw our lot in with a Van Gaal. One thing is for sure. If we don't make top 4, the only chance we have of keeping Lloris and Vertonghen is someone like Van Gaal. By the way, I wish Van Gaal had a bigger nose, I think I'd trust him more/find him less egregious and more trustworthy!!!!!!

Today was a conunndrum. I looked at the bench and wondered who would've changed that game. I wondered what would've happened if Soldado could do his primary job. I wondered what would've happened if Eriksen could do his job. Rose? Ah well... Too many players are just not performing. I still think we need to see what he does with a fully fit squad (Sandro and Townsend) but the signs are not amazing. I'd love to join the party and blame this draw on him but I can't. We started today with an alarming lack of verve, yet that's how we started often under AVB. I'd say that realistically, in these games, we need to take teams to the sword in the first 20-30 minutes and put the game away fast. We have the talent. There are so many question marks right now over the club (who's performing who's not, why, who might've come in during Jan, why they didn't, who's going to be the manager in the summer, what is the chairman's position on where we are, where will Baldini be in July) that it feels miraculous we are still in with a shout. Today was (sadly) typical Spurs. We've seen it too many times under too many managers. The question becomes whether Sherwood is the man who can break that habit/mentality or whether we throw our lot in with a Van Gaal. One thing is for sure. If we don't make top 4, the only chance we have of keeping Lloris and Vertonghen is someone like Van Gaal. By the way, I wish Van Gaal had a bigger nose, I think I'd trust him more/find him less egregious and more trustworthy!!!!!!

Agree with most of that, although don't understand the nose reference.

Don't want to appear an inveterate Lennon basher, but he has really been disappointing recently. As I said in the OMT, I would have dropped him today for Townsend or Lamela if they had been fit. He didn't deliver yet again. Along with Soldado, we really can't afford two passengers in the team.

Hope we can bench these two against Everton.

Agree with most of that, although don't understand the nose reference.

Don't want to appear an inveterate Lennon basher, but he has really been disappointing recently. As I said in the OMT, I would have dropped him today for Townsend or Lamela if they had been fit. He didn't deliver yet again. Along with Soldado, we really can't afford two passengers in the team.

Hope we can bench these two against Everton.

While Lennon has been disappointing this season in an attacking sense he puts in a solid defensive shift (most of the time). I wish he was more incisive and aggressive with the ball. Too often he gets the ball and looks to pass back rather than attack.

Solid post. Agree in particular about the problems we have starting games like these, how that problem has remained for a very long time under many managers and how we'll have to see what Sherwood can do about it before judging him.

I think Chadli and/or Sig in for Soldado and/or Lennon would have been the way to go myself. I think Sherwood buckled a bit today, not making any changes until the injury? Really strange to see how that was the right decision considering how we were playing...

Solid post. Agree in particular about the problems we have starting games like these, how that problem has remained for a very long time under many managers and how we'll have to see what Sherwood can do about it before judging him.

I think Chadli and/or Sig in for Soldado and/or Lennon would have been the way to go myself. I think Sherwood buckled a bit today, not making any changes until the injury? Really strange to see how that was the right decision considering how we were playing...

Sig after his recent couple of performances would be an odd choice. What is his 'best' position? He mainly seems to be stuck out on the left where he doesn't offer that much. He seems more like a number 10 behind the striker type.

I was amazed that he didn't make a change earlier

Sig after his recent couple of performances would be an odd choice. What is his 'best' position? He mainly seems to be stuck out on the left where he doesn't offer that much. He seems more like a number 10 behind the striker type.

And would thus be the perfect option to bring on to play just behind Adebayor in place of Soldado who was having a terrible game.

While Lennon has been disappointing this season in an attacking sense he puts in a solid defensive shift (most of the time). I wish he was more incisive and aggressive with the ball. Too often he gets the ball and looks to pass back rather than attack. [/oQUOTE]

And therein lies the problem. He has the skill, he has the pace, but he just doesn't use it often enough.

Honestly I think it was an appalling decision by Sherwood not to switch things up. Soldado was terrible. As was Lennon. There was no invention from the bench to inspire a win. I was really genuinely thinking WTF is he doing

Seems like he doesn't trust those on the bench. He's not inspiring me with confidence

Back