• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

You keep saying ason was effective on the left but he bloody wasn't last season. He was terrible there, far worse than through the middle. Do you accept that or do you live in fantasy world where Son was good outside last season? :D
No
I think he was decent on the left and awful through the middle (apart from 2/3 games)
Unless he was awful all season but his stats would say the contrary
And when I say was… I wasn’t just referring to last season. I meant his whole time with us

No
I think he was decent on the left and awful through the middle (apart from 2/3 games)
Unless he was awful all season but his stats would say the contrary
And when I say was… I wasn’t just referring to last season. I meant his whole time with us
I'm only talking about last season's Son. The seasons before he was indeed great but that isn't now. We are talking 2024 and beyond.

Last season he was awful on the wing, he was much better through the middle even if you think he was also awful there.

I'm only talking about last season's Son. The seasons before he was indeed great but that isn't now. We are talking 2024 and beyond.

Last season he was awful on the wing, he was much better through the middle even if you think he was also awful there.
He was awful though the middle
Really not sure how anyone can say anything different
He didn’t keep the ball
He didn’t create or pass much
He didn’t occupy the opposition
His stats are padded out by 3/4 games there
He scored in less than he didn’t score in
He isn’t a CF
Never will be IMO

He didn’t keep the ball
At one point Ange was picking which way round to play Son and Richarlison. He was playing Richarlison central against the bus parkers for his aggression in the box, and Son central against higher lines for his pace on the break. That was working pretty well, but it got disrupted by Richarlison's injury and not having that flexibility

At one point Ange was picking which way round to play Son and Richarlison. He was playing Richarlison central against the bus parkers for his aggression in the box, and Son central against higher lines for his pace on the break. That was working pretty well, but it got disrupted by Richarlison's injury and not having that flexibility

When Richy was fit he played CF (post operation)
That was against everyone
Issue was he wasn’t fit long enough
That’s why we need an option
We can’t rely on him staying fit and if we’re brutally honest we need a better technical fit. Richy when fit has done really well in that role

What high lines did we play when Richy was fit?

When Richy was fit he played CF (post operation)
That was against everyone
Issue was he wasn’t fit long enough
That’s why we need an option
We can’t rely on him staying fit and if we’re brutally honest we need a better technical fit. Richy when fit has done really well in that role

What high lines did we play when Richy was fit?
Liverpool in October was the main one that comes to mind where we did it and it was effective

Maybe play Richie/Veliz/Scarlett/your mum up front for 60
Then bring Son on against tired legs when the game is stretched

He didn’t keep the ball
He isn’t a CF
Never will be IMO
I agree I don't think he is the answer at CF. That doesn't alter the fact he was poor as a LW last season. Other than Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home where he made a fool of Trippier I don't recall any real good games from him in that position.

At least at CF he still contributed with some goals because his finishing is still decent. But he is not the long term answer at CF and he is not an effective Left Winger especially with Ange who wants the wingers to stay out wide. I think it's an issue because any other player we would just phase him out/get rid but because of Sons marketability I don't envisage us doing that.....

Attachments

• 1720610950830.png
    1720610950830.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 4
He didn’t keep the ball
He isn’t a CF
Never will be IMO

Yep agree, he got goals because the system and he is too good not to feast on goals as a CF. But he is a better day to.day LW than CF.....

I agree I don't think he is the answer at CF. That doesn't alter the fact he was poor as a LW last season. Other than Saudi Sportswashing Machine at home where he made a fool of Trippier I don't recall any real good games from him in that position.

At least at CF he still contributed with some goals because his finishing is still decent. But he is not the long term answer at CF and he is not an effective Left Winger especially with Ange who wants the wingers to stay out wide. I think it's an issue because any other player we would just phase him out/get rid but because of Sons marketability I don't envisage us doing that.....
If you double his amount of games wide he would hit double figures for goals and assists (using those stats)
And if we still have a CF playing we are likely to score more
I’m sure last season was the first in which son didn’t score any goals outside of the area (I remember watching them all back) which is so unlike him

He didn’t keep the ball
He isn’t a CF
Never will be IMO
Dude why are you ignoring the conversation re his actual performances on the left? 😅 They were worse than his performances up top. Much worse.

Thats up to your to determine im reminding you he was worse on the left than he was through the middle, all season.
He was good though the middle in 4 games
I thought he played better wide
That’s my opinion.
I’m happy to see him remain wide
If we’re playing him CF were fudged

Back