• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Van der vaart only became available on transfer deadline day. As byern were meant to be buying him but the move collapsed. None of us thought he was done and were all massively excited about signing him.

I thought it was Liverpool who came in for him last minute

They do know you can only play one bloke in goal don't they? What are the other 8 going to do and why would any kid want to join their academy (silly question)
Maresca has said he recognises only 21 players and the rest are club purchases. Chelsea has a very profitable academy business model and thus is an extension of that at the senior levels. Loan and sell, but keep if good enough. I think it's a good strategy.

Hi, new poster here. Good to meet everyone

My thoughts on the remaining transfer business mostly focus around the LCB/LB and centre mid areas. I get that we can keep trying to get more attacking talent like we've seen this summer with Solanke and Odobert but I'd be more worried about having enough good defensive minded players. Our goals against column last season wasn't pretty and I still feel we're a couple of key injuries away from risking a weak or inexperienced defensive unit. Imagine a month or six weeks without combos of VDV, Uodgie, Bents and Biss.

It's going to be a hectic season with 4 competitions. We'll need rotation and we'll mostly need to use up to 16 players every game.

So just a little more defensive depth would be amazing in my mind. I guess we'll find out this week.
Welcome. Really solid first post.

Going by reports we're no longer looking for an "all action" midfielder. I have real doubts that there is a 6/DM type player that is both good enough and available for us to sign (cost and all). I think the most likely addition would be another left back, left centre back or hybrid between the two if that kind of player can be found.

Chiesa was good before his injuries at least. Not sure he can regain that. Not quite sure why Liverpool would be after him, they have a lot of wide attackers already don't they?
Maybe Juve have dropped their asking price so low that they think it's worth a punt to have him as a bench option, regardless of his wages.

Maresca has said he recognises only 21 players and the rest are club purchases. Chelsea has a very profitable academy business model and thus is an extension of that at the senior levels. Loan and sell, but keep if good enough. I think it's a good strategy.

In no world is it a good strategy to have 8 senior goal keepers on your books.

Hi, new poster here. Good to meet everyone

My thoughts on the remaining transfer business mostly focus around the LCB/LB and centre mid areas. I get that we can keep trying to get more attacking talent like we've seen this summer with Solanke and Odobert but I'd be more worried about having enough good defensive minded players. Our goals against column last season wasn't pretty and I still feel we're a couple of key injuries away from risking a weak or inexperienced defensive unit. Imagine a month or six weeks without combos of VDV, Uodgie, Bents and Biss.

It's going to be a hectic season with 4 competitions. We'll need rotation and we'll mostly need to use up to 16 players every game.

So just a little more defensive depth would be amazing in my mind. I guess we'll find out this week.
Welcome.....

...... before you go any further:
I. What are your thoughts on custard?
II. What nationality are Verts and Toby
III. Did you bring a buggery?

They're unlikely to get a transfer ban. They'll probably get points deducted. Maybe titles stripped.
They'll get a little slap on the wrist, few points docked just as long as that doesn't impact anything major (title win, CL qualification, Europa qualification or relegation). If, as the season progresses, it looks like the deduction might impact one of those then it will be reduced.

They'll get a little slap on the wrist, few points docked just as long as that doesn't impact anything major (title win, CL qualification, Europa qualification or relegation). If, as the season progresses, it looks like the deduction might impact one of those then it will be reduced.

They committed fraud. This isn't accidentally overspending. Or even being ignorant. They set out to cheat. They lied on their finances. They might have self reported (although they had little choice). But no way do they get a slap on the wrist. This isn't uefa or fifa.

No different to any other signing in that regard then?

The manager has spoken quite plainly saying that all our summer signings were brought in with the intention of having an impact in the short term (as well as long term)
Yes I agree to an extent. Not sure tho long way to go with both. They’ve not established themselves at top level.

Any transfer can flop I suppose. But these carry more risk reward.

Back