• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I think Dragusin will cover both CB spots. Ange doesn't seem to mind if your left or right footed to play there. Gives him more game time as well.

Vuskovic could come in next season if he continues to impress.

Would like to see someone else come in at LB, so we can rotate in a position that will cover a lot of ground.

I think Dragusin will cover both CB spots. Ange doesn't seem to mind if your left or right footed to play there. Gives him more game time as well.

Vuskovic could come in next season if he continues to impress.

Would like to see someone else come in at LB, so we can rotate in a position that will cover a lot of ground.

Agree about CB. Dorrington is still around at the moment too for this year.

The only think i wonder about LB is if for midweek games we'll use Spence there (where he played all last season) with Gray at RB, as well as having them as weekend bench options. Its a way to give them both decent minutes.

The only think i wonder about LB is if for midweek games we'll use Spence there (where he played all last season) with Gray at RB, as well as having them as weekend bench options. Its a way to give them both decent minutes.

That could work, still have some depth in cm to cover gray playing at RB.

Dorrington is a good shout. You get the feeling that the timing of his injury recovery will stop him from getting a loan like Phillips. That would be where he would ideally spend this season.

I'm still in the Pep camp when it comes to centre halves. You need more than you think you can keep happy and they need to be versatile. Gvardiol or Ake think nothing of lining up at LB, Stones and Akanji slot in midfield and Pep know this is part of why they win trophies. Personally, I would still be after another major centre half like Hincapie or Tapsoba, also knowing that RM will come after Romero next summer. I'd also consider Romero to sit in front as well.

That is certainly fine, as long as everyone is fit. An injury or two and it's way more uncertain. We do have Davies who imo is a decent option. Again, fine. But we'd be left hoping that we're a bit lucky with injuries in those areas.
Dorrington is a good shout. You get the feeling that the timing of his injury recovery will stop him from getting a loan like Phillips. That would be where he would ideally spend this season.

I'm still in the Pep camp when it comes to centre halves. You need more than you think you can keep happy and they need to be versatile. Gvardiol or Ake think nothing of lining up at LB, Stones and Akanji slot in midfield and Pep know this is part of why they win trophies. Personally, I would still be after another major centre half like Hincapie or Tapsoba, also knowing that RM will come after Romero next summer. I'd also consider Romero to sit in front as well.
In a way that versatility comes from the requirements of centre halves in this system. They have to be good one vs one defenders, they have to be good on the ball. Essentially their profile should be one where they're at least half decent options for other roles. Dragusin probably isn't, but that's a different conversation. If anything that just makes the need for a potential new CB to have more of those versatile qualities.

I would be surprised if we went for another major centre back. Not against it, but more the money and being able to attract a player like that with the players already here.

I think a younger, higher potential type signing is more likely. And either CB who is versatile and could play LB or the other way around, or more of a dedicated LB option.

Imo Romero should only play CB for us. He could play elsewhere, but he's just so good at CB.

I agree they have done enough to be part of the squad.

As I say I just feel some of the expectation around these two players is a little over the top at the moment. We have all seen highly talented younger players not quite make the grade.
I'm sure there are some over the top reactions around. There always are.

I think most of what's written on here has been measured and sensible. I may be guilty of being over the top optimistic about young players at times. I'd rather be overly hopeful and deal with the disappointment if that's the case. What I don't like is when that disappointment swings into real negativity about the player.

If anything I think the expectations have been a bit too measured overall. I get that short term that's "correct", but these are special talents. Haven't seen them being compared to Modric and Dembele yet. Haven't seen Odobert being touted as an obvious starter for the next World Cup. Not saying that should be the consensus expectation, but at least that would be getting towards over the top.

Not saying it will happen, but I think there's some chance that already this season one of these teenagers has a "breakout season" at this level.
Not only as a part of the squad, but a player we'd all be happy about starting just about any game and capable of being a real difference maker in at least some games. All three imo has the potential to do that if things go their way. They're that talented.

I'm sure there are some over the top reactions around. There always are.

I think most of what's written on here has been measured and sensible. I may be guilty of being over the top optimistic about young players at times. I'd rather be overly hopeful and deal with the disappointment if that's the case. What I don't like is when that disappointment swings into real negativity about the player.

If anything I think the expectations have been a bit too measured overall. I get that short term that's "correct", but these are special talents. Haven't seen them being compared to Modric and Dembele yet. Haven't seen Odobert being touted as an obvious starter for the next World Cup. Not saying that should be the consensus expectation, but at least that would be getting towards over the top.

Not saying it will happen, but I think there's some chance that already this season one of these teenagers has a "breakout season" at this level.
Not only as a part of the squad, but a player we'd all be happy about starting just about any game and capable of being a real difference maker in at least some games. All three imo has the potential to do that if things go their way. They're that talented.

My view with the kids has always been let them succeed or fail fast. We have been shockingly bad at that over the years because we always have too many average players blocking their paths. When you think, how many times over the years have we seen our 20 man squad consist of senior players and barely an U21 on it. It was at its worst under Jose, and mostly continued under Conte. With Ange, there is a younger feel to the squad but through the tough period of injuries, suspensions and AFCON last year he didn't exactly embrace guys like Donley. He would bring the senior players off the bench and not even use his 5 subs in a few. Donley was in the purplest patch of goals and assists in his fledgling career for both Spurs U21 and Eng U19 but only got a couple of brief cameos. They were also in games we were chasing as well when you need a Donley, not a Hojbjerg.

ITK we’ve informally agreed Romero can go next summer should he wish to.

I think we do Davies a disservice though. Never a dominant player in the air or against bigger forwards but he has matured into a very good versatile defender.

Spence also showed in preseason he can be ‘poro-like’. Quite exciting driving forward and looks comfortable attacking.

Dragusin likewise - are you underestimating his ability? Able to play at RB too or be an attacking CB.

ITK we’ve informally agreed Romero can go next summer should he wish to.

I think we do Davies a disservice though. Never a dominant player in the air or against bigger forwards but he has matured into a very good versatile defender.

Spence also showed in preseason he can be ‘poro-like’. Quite exciting driving forward and looks comfortable attacking.

Dragusin likewise - are you underestimating his ability? Able to play at RB too or be an attacking CB.
A gentlemen’s agreement you say????😜

Back