• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Why not? Plays all across the front 3. Would be the best finisher we have. Much more effective than Werner or Johnson, while we wait for Obobert, Moore and Yang to blossom
And yet he has only managed 13 league goals in the last 3 seasons, the same as Werner. Johnson on the other hand has actually scored 15 league goals, so thanks but no thanks.

Last edited:
Hard to know what we need now.

Ostensibly we still look unfinished in midfield and attack. Yet we have the players. We probably just need to give them and the coaches time.

Fans seem to appreciate the club signing highly talented youngsters. So we need to play them: give them opportunities to learn and develop. Part of that is accepting they will make the odd mistake. That’s okay by me. The likes of Gray and Bergvall could be the next elite players. But we have to be patient with them.
Fully agreed. We also have Devine, Donley and Hall as young midfielders. Perhaps not for this season, but still really talented players.

Think a left back or LB/LCB hybrid option would be really useful. I know Spence can play on the left, but I think he's better on the right. I rate Davies higher than most and he's a decent option. But another left back that really fits the role and system could be super useful.

Fully agreed. We also have Devine, Donley and Hall as young midfielders. Perhaps not for this season, but still really talented players.

Think a left back or LB/LCB hybrid option would be really useful. I know Spence can play on the left, but I think he's better on the right. I rate Davies higher than most and he's a decent option.
Exactly. Davies is the LB/LCB cover. Experienced. Competent. Hard working. Trusted by Ange. There were a few games last season when Davies was awesome defensively. Smaller defenders can be more agile and quicker to react.

But another left back that really fits the role and system could be super useful.

Unless we can sign someone who’s better/equal to Udogie I don’t think it’s worth signing another backup. Davies has matured into a solid option.

Last edited:
Exactly. Davies is the LB/LCB cover. Experienced. Competent. Hard working. Trusted by Ange. There were a few games last season when Davies was awesome defensively. Smaller defenders can be more agile and quicker to react.

Unless we can sign someone who’s better/equal to Udogie I don’t think it’s worth signing another backup. Davies has matured into a solid option.
Udogie at full fitness and in good form is imo a fantastic player. Don't think we can sign better or even equal.

I do think he was overplayed a bit last season. Kept playing when not at full fitness. An option that suits the system and can do more if what he does well. Someone on the younger side who can develop. I think that would be really good.

A lot of games this season.

Udogie at full fitness and in good form is imo a fantastic player. Don't think we can sign better or even equal.

I do think he was overplayed a bit last season. Kept playing when not at full fitness. An option that suits the system and can do more if what he does well. Someone on the younger side who can develop. I think that would be really good.

A lot of games this season.

The coaches need to earn their money with player like Udogie. The ingredients are there. So much is psychology and getting into a rhythm. Johnson too needs to come out of himself and feel confident. Early days. We have so many young player with huge potential. The role coaches play in helping them to deliver can be massive.

The coaches need to earn their money with player like Udogie. The ingredients are there. So much is psychology and getting into a rhythm. Johnson too needs to come out of himself and feel confident. Early days. We have so many young player with huge potential. The role coaches play in helping them to deliver can be massive.
Fully agreed.

But I also think having options helps both for the more short term results thing, but also development. Can be something positive about a young player having to push himself to play even though lower on energy or not in great form. But equally can be really good to be able to give them a bit of a rest. Having another LB option that's suited to the system and good enough to allow Ange to rotate more there could help him in further developing Udogie.

Same for Johnson imo. Allow him to play more when game conditions suit him, less when they don't by having Odobert as a much needed dribbly option.

They don't but they won't be as high as lukaku, sterling and however much it cost to pay off poch.

Issue is they played their hand with Sterling, they have taken away his number and made him train away from ground.

He has 3 years left at $300K+ a week, probably close to $50M to pay him off, one way or another they are going to eat a huge component of that, they probably ate something on Lukaku as well, I just don't see how they balance books ..

Also that Samuel Iling Jr we were linked to at one point, who just joined Villa, Has already been sent out on loan to Bologna! Do you think they saw him close up and realised he wasn't ready?

Why not? Plays all across the front 3. Would be the best finisher we have. Much more effective than Werner or Johnson, while we wait for Obobert, Moore and Yang to blossom
Not sure about his finishing in recent times but has a decent scoring record. Good ability on the ball, can beat his man, uses both feet and is quite pacy. Have been impressed with him when I've watched Italy and Juve so wouldn't be against us getting him.
Available it seems as they need financial compliance.
Liverpool and Barca are interested so he must be decent. Probably end up at Chelsea! 😆

Don't mean to hijack, but to me
- Udogie, Sarr, VDV, Gray, Bergvall you can see they are just comfortable at this level, they never look out of place or seem the obvious "weak link"
- Contrast this to Skipp & Winks who while had good games, also had a lot of games where they seemed to struggle just to be on the same level as their teammates

Coaching does have to take it from here

Also that Samuel Iling Jr we were linked to at one point, who just joined Villa, Has already been sent out on loan to Bologna! Do you think they saw him close up and realised he wasn't ready?
It was about making up the money for the deal they had to do to sell Luiz

So Spurs bought Jack Clarke from Leeds for about £10m.
We loaned him out several times, then sold him to Sunderland for an undisclosed fee e.g. £5m but with a 25% sell-on.
So if they sell him to Ipswich for £20m we get £5m.
So we spent £10m and receive £10m.
Minus wages.
Maybe some loan fees, I don't understand this table of loan fees here....
Can’t be right; aren’t you aware that Levy is a genius?

Back