• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

I guess what you’re saying is if we don’t improve going forward then we’re in danger of Saudi Sportswashing Machine finishing ahead of us. Yeah that’s definitely a possibility.

But it’s worth noting that they had better forwards than us last year and finished below us. And we’ve improved ours but they haven’t. But there’s still time. They have quality in Isak and Gordon but we have more depth

I’m not overly concerned about finishing below Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but yes anything can happen if we have a bad season and they over perform. I was making a general point about the forwards we have and the fact that a team below us in the table has better forwards and people need to manage their expectations if they think we can challenge with the forwards we have. I agree with your assessment about our forwards being good enough to maintain a European spot, CL qualification maybe, but challenging for the title? Absolutely not.

You've probably not really seen my postings on these matters before so I can understand your misunderstanding of my position. I do not and never have advocated for the purchase of established superstars. That honestly couldn't be further from the truth. That is not the ENIC.

I have instead for many years on this board been a prime advocate for speculative early buys model so our current model is one I'm very happy to endorse ie. he signing of a Gray, Bergvall etc. Because like you say where their ceiling lands is open for debate so again very happy to buy those kind of players.

That however does not mean you then settle on the players you have brought in. You analyse them, you work out their weaknesses and if they can be improved upon, you move them on and bring in the next potential option. That's what I mean by not settling and aiming for the top. You have constantly try to innovate your playing squad I til you get to the point it is winning and as I'm painted to keep pointing out we aren't winning yet so we need to keep trying to improve. That's how you aim for the top.

I complain about settling because many on this board seem to be of the opinion that a forward line of Son, Richy and Johnson was good enough and my question to that would be good enough for what? A top 4 challenge? Just about. Challenging for the league? Hell no and we want to be getting to the point whereby that is the quality we have. Whether that is via self made youth prospects like Moore or bought in ones like Bergvall or even decent aged players like Bentancur I am not fussed. I just know the forwards line we had last season needed to be improved upon and to be fair we have attempted to, but it felt like so many this summer were happy just to stick with what we already had as if that's ever going to achieve anything.

Ah, ok, sorry for misunderstanding you. I also think we benefit from trying to improve our front three, and honestly thought most people agreed with that! Always nice to have options and especially young capable players pushing the more senior players. I'm really excited to see what Solanke, Odobert, Moore and Lankshear can do for our front three this season.

I doubt Lankshear will get one minute of first team football for us. Solanke and Richi will be top billing, Sonny 3rd and Kulu 4th. If all four of those are injured then we will be having the same crisis as we had last season!

I doubt Lankshear will get one minute of first team football for us. Solanke and Richi will be top billing, Sonny 3rd and Kulu 4th. If all four of those are injured then we will be having the same crisis as we had last season!
If we lose 4 CFs then it’s a freak season

True, but unless we loan him out, you would think he would benefit from getting some minutes here and there, considering how much he was involved in preseason. We need to give our own youngsters a chance as well, not just the youngsters we sign from other clubs - otherwise, what kind of signal are we sending to our academy? That its not good enough? So, really hope we get to see him some.

True, but unless we loan him out, you would think he would benefit from getting some minutes here and there, considering how much he was involved in preseason. We need to give our own youngsters a chance as well, not just the youngsters we sign from other clubs - otherwise, what kind of signal are we sending to our academy? That its not good enough? So, really hope we get to see him some.

Yeh I am sure of it, we will see him, how often who knows but I think we will at points

All clubs everywhere need to improve on a regular basis and we are no exception. But we also have to accept that we do not have a bottomless pot yet [ that may improve as we go along]. There are a couple of clubs that are finanically doped and have got away with it so far.

I have never met fans of ANY club who do not think that their club need another couple of players and that has been the same since i started watching the game. We have come a long way over the last couple of seasons both financially and mentally as a club and we are still growing.

Do we need to improve a few posistions in our team of course we do and fans of all other clubs will say the same about their club [ its what fans do and always have]. The simple truth is we are not a UTD who throw money at players every where [ and still look brick]] same can be said about Chelski and a few others.

We as fans always think we need just another player and we always will thats the nature of the beast.

The youngsters that we have signed from other clubs have had a good season playing first team football. It's what players like Lankshear need at the moment.

If we can get him out on loan, and he does well, then next season he has a better chance of being more involved with the first team.

I think, if we get one last signing now, I'd want Paratici to go and get Chiesa; rather than worry about LB cover.

I'm quite concerned how poor Son, Wimmer and Johnson look, whilst Moore and Obobert probably aren't quite ready yet. I think we need a stop-gap wing upgrade quite urgently.

Back