• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Nothing
But this is odd
Our fans trying to calculate a squad when there is a guy who paid to do it… does it better… and has said it’s his job

We're dicussing the squad. Just as we discuss lineups, signings etc... (people at the club are also paid to pick them). The site would be dead if we didn't.

I agree with signings etc…

But this is a match problem for Ange

If you want to discuss possible signings then you should understand what it means for the squad. Will they be able to play in europa? Will someone have to be dropped, does it matter if they are hg or not etc..? Then decide if they are worth it or not.

Otherwise just leave it to the club.

If you want to discuss possible signings then you should understand what it means for the squad. Will they be able to play in europa? Will someone have to be dropped, does it matter if they are hg or not etc..? Then decide if they are worth it or not.

Otherwise just leave it to the club.

I think our priority is to sign players that will improve the team and squad, where they are born or trained is secondary. Its then up to the manager to pick the appropriate team for the fixture.

I think our priority is to sign players that will improve the team and squad, where they are born or trained is secondary. Its then up to the manager to pick the appropriate team for the fixture.

We're talking squad not team selection. Hg/non hg/ct. What you were talking about earlier.

Being discussed in the other thread. Don't worry sbout it.

Last edited:
We're talking squad not team selection. Hg/non hg/ct. What you were talking about earlier.

Thought I put squad in first sentence, I think it's a strange situation, if the best player in world could be signed should we not bother as they do not meet this condition. It appears this is just an argument for arguments sake, the club are aware of their needs and I'm confident they will do their best to get it right, but if they can't they can always get advice on here.

Thought I put squad in first sentence, I think it's a strange situation, if the best player in world could be signed should we not bother as they do not meet this condition. It appears this is just an argument for arguments sake, the club are aware of their needs and I'm confident they will do their best to get it right, but if they can't they can always get advice on here.

Ofcourse we should get them. Then the conversation moves onto who do we need to leave out/sell/loan.

Ofcourse we should get them. Then the conversation moves onto who do we need to leave out/sell/loan.

Should be simple, the least able player, but people have their favourites which rarely matters as none of us make that decision. I would have got rid of LoCelso at least 18 months ago doing him and us a favour, but what I think makes no difference particularly to his fans.

Should be simple, the least able player, but people have their favourites which rarely matters as none of us make that decision. I would have got rid of LoCelso at least 18 months ago doing him and us a favour, but what I think makes no difference particularly to his fans.

Have a look @Grays_1890 or @monkeybarry s posts on the previous page or the squad thread. Lo celso already misses out. As does reguillon, solomon and most probably forster. Without adding anyone.

Last edited:
Have a look @Grays_1890 or @monkeybarry s posts on the previous page or the squad thread. Lo celso already misses out. As does reguillon, solomon and most probably forster. Without adding anyone.
I would tend to ignore the UEFA rules when considering our squad. If we end up in a position where we have a player or two in the PL squad but not in the Europa squad then I don't think anyone will lose too much sleep.

If I consider our squad from a PL perspective then we still have loads of space for more players and can buy association trained players or overseas players whoever we think is the better fit for the position.

OS players at present = 16 (only 13 likely to be part of squad): Vicario, Udogie, VdV, Romero, Dragusin, Porro, Sarr, Bentancur, Bissouma, Werner, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lo Celso, Regulion, Solomon

Association trained players at present = 7: Forster, Austin, Spence, Davies, Maddison, Johnson, Solanke
Under 21 players at present = 9: Gray, Bergvall, Odobert, Moore, Phillips, Hall, Abbot, Lankshear, Devine

We can sign 2 more players (1 from overseas) even if all of Lo Celso, Solomon and Regulion stick around (which they won't!)

The fact that it is likely we move on at least 2 of those three players (and probably all three) shows that we're absolutely fine in terms of room in the squad for whoever we want to buy.

Our under 21s are also all well under 21 so not even a problem next season.

I would tend to ignore the UEFA rules when considering our squad. If we end up in a position where we have a player or two in the PL squad but not in the Europa squad then I don't think anyone will lose too much sleep.

If I consider our squad from a PL perspective then we still have loads of space for more players and can buy association trained players or overseas players whoever we think is the better fit for the position.

OS players at present = 16 (only 13 likely to be part of squad): Vicario, Udogie, VdV, Romero, Dragusin, Porro, Sarr, Bentancur, Bissouma, Werner, Son, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Lo Celso, Regulion, Solomon

Association trained players at present = 7: Forster, Austin, Spence, Davies, Maddison, Johnson, Solanke
Under 21 players at present = 9: Gray, Bergvall, Odobert, Moore, Phillips, Hall, Abbot, Lankshear, Devine

We can sign 2 more players (1 from overseas) even if all of Lo Celso, Solomon and Regulion stick around (which they won't!)

The fact that it is likely we move on at least 2 of those three players (and probably all three) shows that we're absolutely fine in terms of room in the squad for whoever we want to buy.

Our under 21s are also all well under 21 so not even a problem next season.

Agree. It’s why I said it doesn’t really matter if our next signing is hg or not.

Good opportunity to move glc and or reggie along as well with some "creative accounting".
We really need some serious quality. He can change a game. Pick a pass. We will be up against a low block a lot this season. Maddison blows hot and cold.

Not sure how to feel about this window. It’s a weird one. Signed good youthful prospects. But is the starting 11 much stronger. I’m not sure about that. Bergvail will be the one to break into it in my view.

Hopefully the youngsters will have a bright future .

As I’ve said before our attacking options are mediocre. I know plenty disagree but that’s the way I see it.

We will hopefully see movement in last coming days of window.

Done a good job to clear some of the dross.

I know some will point to others not doing much but think we had a bigger gap to close.

We really need some serious quality. He can change a game. Pick a pass. We will be up against a low block a lot this season. Maddison blows hot and cold.

Not sure how to feel about this window. It’s a weird one. Signed good youthful prospects. But is the starting 11 much stronger. I’m not sure about that. Bergvail will be the one to break into it in my view.

Hopefully the youngsters will have a bright future .

As I’ve said before our attacking options are mediocre. I know plenty disagree but that’s the way I see it.

We will hopefully see movement in last coming days of window.

Done a good job to clear some of the dross.

I know some will point to others not doing much but think we had a bigger gap to close.
I’m not sure the starting 11 needs to be much stronger.
The start of last season shows that the first choice team has ability to do really well. The squad depth needed addressing due to the drop-off we saw.
Mentality issues needed addressing over time.

I’m not sure the starting 11 needs to be much stronger.
The start of last season shows that the first choice team has ability to do really well. The squad depth needed addressing due to the drop-off we saw.
Mentality issues needed addressing over time.
I think it does (need to be stronger). Son , Maddison & Johnson need to up their game big time or not be starters.

Back