• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Copied the wrong link... Some will go, but ATM:

European non-locally trained players (17 currently, 17 maximum):
Guglielmo Vicario, Pedro Porro, Radu Dragusin, Destiny Udogie, Cristian Romero, Micky van de Ven, Sergio Reguilon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Giovani Lo Celso, Manor Solomon, Dejan Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son Heung-min, Timo Werner, Pape Matar Sarr, Lucas Bergvall.

Association trained players (8 currently, four can be used in exclusive slots):
Dominic Solanke, Fraser Forster, Ben Davies, James Maddison, Brennan Johnson, Djed Spence, Archie Gray, Ashley Phillips.

Club trained players (3 currently, four required):
Brandon Austin, Alfie Whiteman, Oliver Skipp.

So if solomon, lo celso and reguillon go we'll have space for non hg.

Was just wanting to check on if we have space for non hg players to come in. More for the europa squad.
Ali Gold did a piece on this earlier this week (prior to Odobert) for EPL and Europe.

This was his Europa summary:

European non-locally trained players (17 currently, 17 maximum): Guglielmo Vicario, Pedro Porro, Radu Dragusin, Destiny Udogie, Cristian Romero, Micky van de Ven, Sergio Reguilon, Rodrigo Bentancur, Yves Bissouma, Giovani Lo Celso, Manor Solomon, Dejan Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son Heung-min, Timo Werner, Pape Matar Sarr, Lucas Bergvall.
Association trained players (8 currently, four can be used in exclusive slots): Dominic Solanke, Fraser Forster, Ben Davies, James Maddison, Brennan Johnson, Djed Spence, Archie Gray, Ashley Phillips.
Club trained players (3 currently, four required): Brandon Austin, Alfie Whiteman, Oliver Skipp.

Edit: You beat me to it!

It's all well and good saying we have so many CMs but none of them are actually THAT good. We could upgrade there - Bissouma/Bentancur aren't exactly consistent, Sarr has a lot of promise but a way to go yet. Someone who is established and of real quality would make a massive difference....

I guess so, just feels like we’d end up with too many bodies there. Unless we’d sell Biss or Bentancur. I just don’t want to see Sarr / Gray / Bergvall getting really limited gametime - they need to play to develop.

3 places. 2 games a week. One or two injuries. Players are going to be playing twice a week. Without much cover on the bench.

Still, carrying 8 senior players for 3 positions would be too much for me. As per my post above, I wouldn’t want our youngsters’ development to be stifled through lack of gametime.

Still, carrying 8 senior players for 3 positions would be too much for me. As per my post above, I wouldn’t want our youngsters’ development to be stifled through lack of gametime.

It's why you get players that can play more than one position.

We've added one since then in Odobert. We currently have to leave Forster out of the EL squad and any further additions means someone else misses out (unless it's someone like Cirkin or KWP).

If we sold those 3, and Skipp we would have

Locally Trained players (max 8):

Club trained (2/4)
Austin and Whiteman

Association trained (7/4)
Solanke, Forster, Davies, Maddison, Johnson, Spence, Gray

Other (15 +3 extra association trained)
Vicario, Porro, Dragusin, Udogie, Romero, van de Ven, Bentancur, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son, Werner, Sarr, Bergvall, Odobert

That's also taking Philips out (possibly out on loan). That takes us to 24, so over the 23 limit as we are 2 short on club trained.

If we sold those 3, and Skipp we would have

Locally Trained players (max 8):

Club trained (2/4)
Austin and Whiteman

Association trained (7/4)
Solanke, Forster, Davies, Maddison, Johnson, Spence, Gray

Other (15 +3 extra association trained)
Vicario, Porro, Dragusin, Udogie, Romero, van de Ven, Bentancur, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Son, Werner, Sarr, Bergvall, Odobert

That's also taking Philips out (possibly out on loan). That takes us to 24, so over the 23 limit as we are 2 short on club trained.

Thanks.

GK (3):
Vic
Forster (HGNation)
Austin (HGC)

DF (7):
Udogie
Spence (HGN)
VdV
Romero
Drag
Porro
Davies (HGN)

MF (6):
Sarr
Gray (HGN)
Bentancur
Biss
Bergvall
Maddison (HGN)

FWD (5):
Werner
Son
Johnson (HGN)
Kulu
Odobert

Str (2):
Richi
Solanke (HGN)

Squad 23 players plus 3 HGC slots = 26

If I've got that right, we need to leave one of the above out?

B list "first teamers:
Moore

Not included -
GLC
Reggie
Solomon

We've added one since then in Odobert. We currently have to leave Forster out of the EL squad and any further additions means someone else misses out (unless it's someone like Cirkin or KWP).

Yeah we don't need 4gks in the squad.

If we do bring in someone. Not sure who we leave out of the europa though?

GK (3):
Vic
Forster (HGNation)
Austin (HGC)

DF (7):
Udogie
Spence (HGN)
VdV
Romero
Drag
Porro
Davies (HGN)

MF (6):
Sarr
Gray (HGN)
Bentancur
Biss
Bergvall
Maddison (HGN)

FWD (5):
Werner
Son
Johnson (HGN)
Kulu
Odobert

Str (2):
Richi
Solanke (HGN)

Squad 23 players plus 3 HGC slots = 26

If I've got that right, we need to leave one of the above out?

B list "first teamers:
Moore

Not included -
GLC
Reggie
Solomon

Whiteman for forster.

Yep
Ange literally said the other to Ally Gold that he has the numbers he needs and people don’t need to worry

No you were saying we should go for robinson as he's hg. I said it didn't matter as we have enough hg. So bringing in a hg or non hg player makes no difference.

No you were saying we should go for robinson as he's hg. I said it didn't matter as we have enough hg. So bringing in a hg or non hg player makes no difference.
I know
But Ange said don’t worry
It’s his plan
Why are fans fretting about something the club know all about

Back