• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

There was a rumour the other day that the Saudi's were sniffing around Toney.
That's why they think they can get 60m! United or Chelsea (If either actually want him, dont think they really do) know they can squeeze Brentford until closer the deadline for a much lower fee.

That's why they think they can get 60m! United or Chelsea (If either actually want him, dont think they really do) know they can squeeze Brentford until closer the deadline for a much lower fee.
They won't be able to get much more than half of that sort of fee. In a year's time Toney is on a free transfer and would be able to command about £250k a week in wages. On a 4 year deal that is over £50m of wages.

The very best that Brentford can hope for is about a £35m transfer fee and even then I think they'd have to hope that Toney would accept a wage offer of £100k a week or so less than he could get next summer.

Brentford might as well keep him, hope he scored enough goals to keep them up and then let him go on a free.

They won't be able to get much more than half of that sort of fee. In a year's time Toney is on a free transfer and would be able to command about £250k a week in wages. On a 4 year deal that is over £50m of wages.

The very best that Brentford can hope for is about a £35m transfer fee and even then I think they'd have to hope that Toney would accept a wage offer of £100k a week or so less than he could get next summer.

Brentford might as well keep him, hope he scored enough goals to keep them up and then let him go on a free.
I bet they regret not selling for a huge fee a year or so ago!

Returning to this earlier post: "With Gray and Bergvall here. Along with proven PL quality in Bissouma, Sarr and Bentancur for those two positions (6 and 8) it's not like we're relying too much on the teenagers to step up. Sub appearances at first, maybe some starts in the EL. See how they get on."
I completely agree and I have another thought... in the podcast Gareth noted that in the second half of the Bayern game, rather than playing 6 8 10 in midfield we switched to "left middle right" with each midfielder doing a bit of everything*.

For instance with (Biss Sarr Maddison) that is clearly 6 8 10.
But maybe with (Bergvall Sarr Bentancur) it would be more of a "left middle right" with each doing all 3 jobs.

Ange has said he doesn't want players to only play one role like 6 or 10, he wants them all to work forward and back.

*Note Milo pooh-poohed this and said that it was down to the change of players because clearly Maddison is only a 10 and not a 6 or 8 and there is certainly truth in that, but the point remains that SOME players can maybe do 2 or 3 roles in midfield.
You know I don't think it's really true that with Bissouma, Sarr and Maddison we play 6,8,10. If you look at their heat maps Maddison favours the left with Sarr favouring the right. I think Maddison's natural game means he tends to also move centrally but if you have a look back at his best moments from last season a lot of them come from him playing in and around the left.

You know I don't think it's really true that with Bissouma, Sarr and Maddison we play 6,8,10. If you look at their heat maps Maddison favours the left with Sarr favouring the right. I think Maddison's natural game means he tends to also move centrally but if you have a look back at his best moments from last season a lot of them come from him playing in and around the left.

Do they favour those areas or were they the areas they were asked to occupy?

I have to say, Lange keeps brick tight .. the lack of real insight into who we are obviously in conversations with (pretty much everyone thinks we are in for 2 more and Ange admitted we are not done yet), is stunning, usually the selling club/agent throws brick out at minimum ..

I have to say, Lange keeps brick tight .. the lack of real insight into who we are obviously in conversations with (pretty much everyone thinks we are in for 2 more and Ange admitted we are not done yet), is stunning, usually the selling club/agent throws brick out at minimum ..

Solanke we were allegedly in talks since june.

I guess we’re talking to players rather than clubs to get the things lined up
De Ligt agree pay with United in June

Back