• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Other Clubs Transfer Rumours and News Thread

If Coloccini wants to leave his only option is to retire from football, San Lorenzo can't afford him and he's not going to spent close to £15million to buy out his contract.

He most certainly was not. Overrated. Why would Inter let him go and why are Southampton, Aston Villa and Liverpool the ones that are after him?

A lot of Inter fans are pretty angry they're letting him go, actually (Inter have said they're not selling him, but they're in crisis when it comes to FFP right now). His form and workrate has been bad ever since his injuries but before then they rated him highly, and he's still only 20, an age where many players are very inconsistent. The question is whether his injuries will affect him permanently.

I wouldn't sniff at players that Southampton and Liverpool target, considering they fit our moneyball profile too - young, 'bargain' due to some issue (contract circumstances, club in financial crisis, possible attitude issues), and preferably Continental style of play. Hence why we were all linked to Sigurdsson and Gaston Ramirez over the summer. (The other profile we have are the older Dempsey types - big stat figures, ready to come in right now, 'bargain' contract issues.)

Cortese, himself from a finance background, fancies himself a Levy type of chairman - ruthless, ambitious, and looking to set up the sustainable Ajax/Porto style of building up young starlets through the academy and careful poaching. Our glamour and budget is higher than Southampton's so we can buy a few more proven players at the same time, but we're also trying to snap up the 'potential' on the level just below players like Isco (40m buyout clause, destined for the Barc/Real/Manc clubs) - the promising types who see as us as a better guarantee of playing time than the big money clubs for the moment. So for me, it's not surprising we're wading through the same pool as Southampton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Swansea, Liverpool. Though I think we should be focusing our efforts on Germany and Spain/Portugal, considering Saudi Sportswashing Machine's domination of France atm.

Their new defender from Montpelier is meant to be pretty good. So they could be no worse off. Maybe even better off?

I think they're actually better off, considering Coloccini's age and form this season. Good value too - Carr's been pretty good at executing deals (don't always agree with his targets, but he's very good at getting the players).

They were already short at the back going into this window. Mbiwa was supposed to come in and strengthen their squad, give them more depth, not replace their best central defender. Especially as long as Taylor is out. Losing Coloccini and replacing him with Mbiwa is one step forward two steps back if it happens.

I think you guys are assuming that Mbiwa will just slot right in and start performing, but most centre backs new to the PL need time to settle. We've seen Vertonghen settle straight away this season, but that's more the exception and he came in during the summer window, not in January to a club in a free fall. To look at a centre back needing time to settle you don't have to look further than to Coloccini himself.

IF Mbiwa settles straight away and is as good as Saudi Sportswashing Machine think he is, and IF Taylor returns in a timely manner and IF some of their other centre backs start performing alongside Mbiwa straight away they might very well end up being better off. That's a lot of ifs though, and it could very easily swing the other way. Far from ideal in the situation they're in.

I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine will be quite desperate to keep Coloccini until the summer at least, and rightly so.

If Coloccini wants to leave his only option is to retire from football, San Lorenzo can't afford him and he's not going to spent close to £15million to buy out his contract.

If he's willing to make it difficult enough for the club to keep him by refusing to play I don't think will be his only option.

If he actually refuses to play it's much the same as letting him go, until he changes his mind at least.

if Coloccini has a personal issue why don't Saudi Sportswashing Machine just do the decent thing and let him cancel his contract, it'll save hassle for everyone

Quiet amazing that it looks like we're going to sign 5 players this week. Mapou YM and Gouffran confirmed, Haidara and Sissoko expected to be confirmed today and hopefully Thauvin early next week. Add to that Debuchy who signed a couple of weeks ago.

Quiet amazing that it looks like we're going to sign 5 players this week. Mapou YM and Gouffran confirmed, Haidara and Sissoko expected to be confirmed today and hopefully Thauvin early next week. Add to that Debuchy who signed a couple of weeks ago.

L'équipe de D

Alain Pardieu must be a happy bunny.....no excuses now for poor results

I think with that lot you have a decent chance of staying up

How many French / French Africans at the toon if all these transfers happen? Do their scouts realise that football is played in other countries?

He most certainly was not. Overrated. Why would Inter let him go and why are Southampton, Aston Villa and Liverpool the ones that are after him?

Poor form the last couple of seasons, went on loan to Spain and poor again by all accounts. However, I rate him and just have a funny feeling he will come good somewhere..

According to the mail, Emirates Marketing Project have first refusal on Birmingham winger Nathan Redmond, which they acquired when loaning Joe Hart to Birmingham.

Means absolutely nothing as the player would need to agree the move. This isn't the 80s where clubs decided. After the Sinclair situation it should be screaming loudly to any young player that you simply do not join City if you want to play football.

Back