• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Other Clubs Transfer Rumours and News Thread

I hope Man U don't lose De Gea. They'd be all over Hugo like a rash.

One of the reasons it was so important that we signed Hugo when we could even though we would have been alright with Friedel for another season, he was available for us in the summer, a year later he might not have been. Both United and now Barca are reportedly looking at other goalkeeping options.

I don't think we'll sell Hugo in the summer. Levy will tell them to fudge off.

The fees being reported in the press dont stack up. Even if MVila is a nut case, they wouldnt turn down 15m in August and accept 7m now!

Exactly. It doesn't make sense. Why would they suddenly lower their price if he is really that good ? Really strange if QPR manages to sign him with that price.

225% wages to turnover %'age before the new signings have come in on mega-money, not a sustainable business model

Indeed. But it's not being run as a business at the moment. Or, at least, there is huge up front investment in anticipation of it eventually being run as a profitable business. Leeds couldn't sustain it because they didn't have any money behind them. QPR do.

Indeed. But it's not being run as a business at the moment. Or, at least, there is huge up front investment in anticipation of it eventually being run as a profitable business. Leeds couldn't sustain it because they didn't have any money behind them. QPR do.

That's all fine but if they're relegated in May and Fernandes walks? Who picks up the tab? Arry? :)

Re: The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Been reported today that Juventus are in for a couple of strikers, one being Lewandowski and one other I can't remember. So is Llorente still available ?

Fernandes may well have money, but it's not very sustainable. Lofts Road holds 18,000 and they're far from guaranteed to be staying in the league.

May not do a Leeds, but it's a slippery slop their own in my opinion.

Why would Fernandes walk?

if QPR become a money pit then why would he waste his time and eforts. He has no loyalty to QPR, iirc he is a West Ham fan. So from a purely business and financial POV he will have to assess what impact relegation will have and how much more money he will have to keep pumping in in order to keep the club afloat

This is all very resemblant of the summer window. Juventus being linked to all kinds of top names, but not signing anyone. They're still talking to Drogba and I think he's the only one they might sign. It's mostly posturing for the fans.

Just look at Inter and AC getting rid of their high earners and bringing in cheaper replacements. Three clubs that have been run on money provided by their owners. Italian football is in the bricker and they have to cut costs to comply with FFP.

that same argument could be put against any club though, what if Abramovich walks, or Dave Whelan

qpr have potential due to their location, if they can stay in the league for a bit, get into europe a few times they can establish themselves, improve the stadium and increase the capacity, qpr now are where chelsea were 25/30 years ago, a club in west london can double its gates in that time frame, fans come out of the woodwork when a club is successful

that same argument could be put against any club though, what if Abramovich walks, or Dave Whelan

qpr have potential due to their location, if they can stay in the league for a bit, get into europe a few times they can establish themselves, improve the stadium and increase the capacity, qpr now are where chelsea were 25/30 years ago, a club in west london can double its gates in that time frame, fans come out of the woodwork when a club is successful

Both the Chelsea and City ones seems to be a bit stuck. :)

This is all very resemblant of the summer window. Juventus being linked to all kinds of top names, but not signing anyone. They're still talking to Drogba and I think he's the only one they might sign. It's mostly posturing for the fans.

Just look at Inter and AC getting rid of their high earners and bringing in cheaper replacements. Three clubs that have been run on money provided by their owners. Italian football is in the bricker and they have to cut costs to comply with FFP.

Apart from Juve with their new stadium. They are the only club who can still afford to spend.

Juventus have invested heavily in their squad in recent years.

Trensfermarkt obviously don't have accurate figures for all transfers, but they have them spending serious money in the last 3 seasons including this one. That's net spend by the way.

They might have cut some high profile highly paid players, but some of their incoming players have been fairly high profile highly paid players too.

They have been linked with most players in the world though, that is true. And most of those moves obviously haven't come true. Not too dissimilar to us in that respect.

if QPR become a money pit then why would he waste his time and eforts. He has no loyalty to QPR, iirc he is a West Ham fan. So from a purely business and financial POV he will have to assess what impact relegation will have and how much more money he will have to keep pumping in in order to keep the club afloat

Why do people always come with this argument whenever a club becomes the beneficiary of a wealthy owner?

I don't get it.

They said it about Abramovich. They said it about Mansour. Both still going strong. Both in it for the long term.

I suspect that there's a lot of wishful thinking (on the part of opposition fans) involved in comments about wealthy owners getting bored with their playthings.

I have seen nothing to suggest that Fernandes is in it for the short term. Likewise Lakshmi Mittal. In fact, Mittal bought into QPR when they were already in the Championship and stuck with them for a number of years during which time they didn't look close to gaining promotion.

Who's to say that the players signed by QPR don't all have relegation clauses in their contracts which would reduce their wages significantly? Most clubs do that these days and, with parachute payments, a strong squad and a tried and trusted manager in Harry, QPR could quickly return to the top flight.

Why do people always come with this argument whenever a club becomes the beneficiary of a wealthy owner?

I don't get it.

They said it about Abramovich. They said it about Mansour. Both still going strong. Both in it for the long term.

I suspect that there's a lot of wishful thinking (on the part of opposition fans) involved in comments about wealthy owners getting bored with their playthings.

I have seen nothing to suggest that Fernandes is in it for the short term. Likewise Lakshmi Mittal. In fact, Mittal bought into QPR when they were already in the Championship and stuck with them for a number of years during which time they didn't look close to gaining promotion.

Who's to say that the players signed by QPR don't all have relegation clauses in their contracts which would reduce their wages significantly? Most clubs do that these days and, with parachute payments, a strong squad and a tried and trusted manager in Harry, QPR could quickly return to the top flight.

Abramovich and Mansour never had to deal with the prospect of relegation

Mittal hasnt invested many of his millions/billions in QPR

im not saying Fernandes will definitely walk away if QPR are relegated.However given how much he has already invested, relegation will be a bitter financial pill to swallow

Abramovich and Mansour never had to deal with the prospect of relegation

Mittal hasnt invested many of his millions/billions in QPR

im not saying Fernandes will definitely walk away if QPR are relegated.However given how much he has already invested, relegation will be a bitter financial pill to swallow

Given how much he has invested in QPR, it's probably as good a reason as any for him not to walk away just after they've been relegated. At the very least, he would want to get them back in the Premier League before selling.

As to Mittal, we don't know how he has put into the club. He could have contributed significantly to the signings they've made over the past year or so.

Hope they get relegated and if they do I see them going the way of Portsmouth.

Come now, Greg. You're just sore about Remy. You never know....they might have done you a favour.

Personally, I like QPR. Fans are harmless. Good sorts, mostly.

And a great away trip for me. I can leave my house 5 minutes before kick off and be in my seat in time.

because Abramovich and Mansour are not the only Billionaire/wealthy playboy types who have bought football clubs over the past decade. Portsmouth, Emirates Marketing Project under the Thai bloke, Malaga are just 3 off the top of my head that didn't work out for the best and i am sure there are other examples out there that show that just because you have a rich owner willing to throw money at the club one day, that doesn't necessarily mean they will stick around if the brick ever hits the fan

Back