• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

if they left them in the changing room they wouldn't be able to listen to them pool side

(or get paid sponsorship money :-")

Makes you wonder how athletes ever coped before headphones were invented in 2009....................

Oh no, hang on, some c*nt has just informed me that headphones were invented 100 years ago

388588779_f641aa9afb.jpg

It's something that helps them focus, listening to the music to do that has been in sport for years, don't know why you are so annoyed by it?

Just seen some Lithuanian schoolgirl swimmer, who lives in Plymouth, uses Plymouth's facilities to train, and has an English coach, has just won a gold. Mildly annoyed by that TBH

Where does Mo Farah train? Bradley Wiggins?
International class athletes will train wherever the best facilities are. I

Would you walk into a job interview, wearing headphones?

Would you watch the birth of your child, wearing headphones?

Would you propose, wearing headphones?

Would you get married, wearing headphones?

Would you pick up a nobel award, wearing headphones?

No?

So why would you wear headphones to potentially the most important fudging moment of your entire life?

](*,)

Because you're a fudging sheep perhaps?

Ask would a teenager do any of those things wearing headphones? and you might get a probably yes.
Athletes aren't adults, there live in a bubble protected from the outside world. They've never had to grow up. Footballers we know mostly behave like kids.

Have you ever been to Lithuania? Half of it is still bombed out

I went for the junior championships a should have years ago

Lovely people, but its a fudging brick hole

Very happy for their swimmer, don't see why anybody should be annoyed by her success

Where does Mo Farah train? Bradley Wiggins?
International class athletes will train wherever the best facilities are. I

Doesn't mean it can't mildly annoy me. Good luck to her, but I don't think WE should give over the best of ours to help other countries.

Doesn't mean it can't mildly annoy me. Good luck to her, but I don't think WE should give over the best of ours to help other countries.

Now this I don't understand. Why the extreme nationalism? I like too see any talented athlete given a chance to develop to their full potential.

Now this I don't understand. Why the extreme nationalism? I like too see any talented athlete given a chance to develop to their full potential.

Like I say good luck to her, nothing against her using what's available, but I don't understand why a country would help develop another countries athletes. Isn't the idea of improving these facilities to help out team? Success at the Olympics etc is also what gains more funding for these sports, but a success for another country using our facilities isn't going to help that funding.
It's nothing to do with "extreme nationalism"

Probably lambs to the slaughter to have a veneer of respectability and suggest they actually test athletes.

The testing is ridiculous
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/30/ye-shiwen-world-record-olympics-2012

"We have a testing programme, as you know, that covers only the period from the opening of the village until the end of the Games, and any doping programme would probably be put in place long before then," he said. "So our mandate is pretty limited and it is therefore very much a matter of the international federations and the national Olympic committees to make sure that athletes are clean when they come here."

Like I say good luck to her, nothing against her using what's available, but I don't understand why a country would help develop another countries athletes. Isn't the idea of improving these facilities to help out team? Success at the Olympics etc is also what gains more funding for these sports, but a success for another country using our facilities isn't going to help that funding.
It's nothing to do with "extreme nationalism"

I watch the Olympic for the sports, not hoping for one country do better than another.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/apr/24/athletics.duncanmackay

"Some scientists believe the substances could have been a masking agent for more serious drugs, such as anabolic steroids."

I wouldn't give a crap if Lewis took something or not its just he painted himself as whiter than white.
Nothing worse than a hypocrite.

As for the Chinese girl, she's just a kid. If she's taking something (HGH probably), its not off her own back. I doubt she is in a situation were she has much say in the matter.

Ok sound. Let's turn a blind eye then cos it's only cheating if you mean to cheat?

Amazing from the gymnasts. My second favorite sport, truly amazing feats.

I watch the Olympic for the sports, not hoping for one country do better than another.

Fair enough, like all sport I watch it first to see my country or team win, second for the sport. I enjoy watching it of course, but want GBR to do well above all others

It's something that helps them focus, listening to the music to do that has been in sport for years, don't know why you are so annoyed by it?

Just seen some Lithuanian schoolgirl swimmer, who lives in Plymouth, uses Plymouth's facilities to train, and has an English coach, has just won a gold. Mildly annoyed by that TBH

Would just be another 'plastic Brit'!!

She's a proud Lithuanian to be fair but they are just using our facilities and coaching programme or their own ends. Fair enough!!

Back