• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Fair enough, like all sport I watch it first to see my country or team win, second for the sport. I enjoy watching it of course, but want GBR to do well above all others

I just find that the more promoted anyone is in the media, the less I like them.

Would just be another 'plastic Brit'!!

She's a proud Lithuanian to be fair but they are just using our facilities and coaching programme or their own ends. Fair enough!!

Yep fair enough on her part, not her fault if our country allows her to use it, and who can blame her for taking advantage? I guess if a Brit doesn't win, then there is some pride in a Brit trained athlete winning

Agree. Unbelievable viewing!

Like the diving it's proper wow stuff. You cannot comprehend the skill and strength involved. Probably one of the most competitive sports as well. great job done by the British programme to develop these guys.

Haha, I find that to be the general British attitude, like an underdog more than a winner.

It just really grinds me when the commentators are more concerned about cheering for one particular individual than talking about what's happening or even giving a little attention towards those that win.

It just really grinds me when the commentators are more concerned about cheering for one particular individual than talking about what's happening or even giving a little attention towards those that win.

That's fair enough, I like a lot of this BBC coverage because a lot of it doesn't have commentary haha.

BBC's magazine like highlights coverage is ridiculous. Denis Lewis talking about gymnastics, McEnroy about Gymnastics and Volleyball, Michael Johnson now doing a feature on diving.

I'm quite enjoying the bias from the BBC, the commentators at the gymnastics were awesome

Think they should play all the ladies beach volleyball during the day, can't have all these layers. Watching the indoor stuff right now, our girls having a great match against Algeria, exciting stuff

Think they should play all the ladies beach volleyball during the day, can't have all these layers. Watching the indoor stuff right now, our girls having a great match against Algeria, exciting stuff

They'd have to build more arenas to get through all the matches. Or better yet, just skip the men's competition.

Back