• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

What went wong??

There was a second left on the clock for 3 points, on the third point the Korean woman lost and put in a complaint that the final second had taken so long. It was the semi final btw and she was going through to the gold medal match up until that point.

She then sat on the stage for 45 minutes crying while they made a decision to uphold the appeal or not.

Women and sport ay

Golf is in from Rio, looking forward to that, presume it will be match play with 2 players per country. Rory McIlroy and Luke Donald will tear it up

Personally I think they should get rid of football as it is, and bring in Beach football or Futsal

I don't hate football at the Olympics but I'm enjoying watching other sports way more.

I'd like to see basketball adopt the same policy as football and allow under 23s and a few overage players, when you get NBA dream teams it makes the USA games too easy. Having said that though, they did lose in 2004

i'd quite like to see tug of war tbh

I saw a documentary about the games in Stockholm 1912 where they changed the rule on the surface in tug of war from grass to sand to benefit the Swedes. For the actual event only Sweden and GB turned up, the 3 other contestants didn't show. One match for the gold which Sweden won.

They have wrestling now, I don't know what you mean. As for Snooker, it may have a shot now it's becoming a more global game, it's huge in China.

I don't see how you can arbitrarily claim some things are sports and not others, especially because there's such a broad definition as to what a sport is. IMO Snooker is as much a sport as sprinting.

Well the Oxford Dictionary defines sport as"

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

So im presuming shooting etc seem to be considered sport as it requires skill. I mean you can also argue poker should be in there as it is competitive and it requires skill.

Also re: Rugby, I was at Twickenham for the Midlands 7s tournament last year and Brazil entered a team to try and improve in preparation for Rio 2016. Was awesome, everyone was cheering for them

There was a second left on the clock for 3 points, on the third point the Korean woman lost and put in a complaint that the final second had taken so long. It was the semi final btw and she was going through to the gold medal match up until that point.

She then sat on the stage for 45 minutes crying while they made a decision to uphold the appeal or not.

Women and sport ay
Cheers for that!

Best left to the kitchen i suppose!

I don't hate football at the Olympics but I'm enjoying watching other sports way more.

I'd like to see basketball adopt the same policy as football and allow under 23s and a few overage players, when you get NBA dream teams it makes the USA games too easy. Having said that though, they did lose in 2004

Olympics is supposed to be for amateurs only, so they have that youth rule in football. Pro boxers aren't allowed for instance. Yet in basketball and ice hockey you the top players from NBA and NHL appear. It's just that the WC is so much bigger than the Olympic so it isn't really needed.

Well the Oxford Dictionary defines sport as"

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

So im presuming shooting etc seem to be considered sport as it requires skill. I mean you can also argue poker should be in there as it is competitive and it requires skill.

I'd argue that poker requires zero physical exertion and is purely a skill game, rather than things like Snooker and Shooting which obviously require some physical exertion.

I'd argue that poker requires zero physical exertion and is purely a skill game, rather than things like Snooker and Shooting which obviously require some physical exertion.

oh ok I read it as Physical Exertion OR skill.

In that case why the fudge is Dressage in there? Shooting? I am totally nit picking I know.

The olympics hasn't been just for amateurs for years, Boxing is the only event exclusively for amateurs, and the only reason they don't bother turning it pro, is because the pro's won't bother coming as there wouldn't be a "purse".

The olympics hasn't been just for amateurs for years, Boxing is the only event exclusively for amateurs, and the only reason they don't bother turning it pro, is because the pro's won't bother coming as there wouldn't be a "purse".

And the refs wouldn't be bent.

Did anyone watch the water polo? fudging arses everywhere. Wedgies galore!!!

Best bit was the saucy bitches of spain, you could see their thong tan lines...cheeky slags

Back