• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

This Lochte guy - I dont see the fuss. He got absolutely hammered just now. Didnt even finish with a medal. Sooooo

(Admitedly I dont know much about any of these olympic sports).

Actually another question - what the hell constitutes a sport? How the hell is Dressage a bloody sport? Is shooting a bloody sport? or a hobby?

This Lochte guy - I dont see the fuss. He got absolutely hammered just now. Didnt even finish with a medal. Sooooo

Actually another question - what the hell constitutes a sport? How the hell is Dressage a bloody sport? Is shooting a bloody sport? or a hobby?

Some sports have been on the programme for a long time and should really be removed, but since most of the IOC consists of royalty and other snobs dressage will probably stay.

Usually there are a few new sports tried out every now and then. I know bridge (the card game) has been a test event in recent Olympics. Even literature was an event once.

He's not very good at actually swimming fast. He's only good at swimming backwards fast which is completely useless really.
Swimming is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Some sports have been on the programme for a long time and should really be removed, but since most of the IOC consists of royalty and other snobs dressage will probably stay.

Usually there are a few new sports tried out every now and then. I know bridge (the card game) has been a test event in recent Olympics. Even literature was an event once.

A bit ridiculous really. I guess the more events there are the more revenue is generated especially the toff type sports like water polo. Is Rugby part of the olympics?

A bit ridiculous really. I guess the more events there are the more revenue is generated especially the toff type sports like water polo. Is Rugby part of the olympics?

Sevens is going to be on the programme from 2016. Excited for it tbh.

Rugby was. I think the US might have won the last one.

Sevens has been considered and might be in the programmer next time or the one after.

I like the idea of sevens as its a different game. I might be more interested in the football if they went for five aside. Then i would interesting and different.

That would be good.

How about Snooker? I mean how about actual wrestlong etc

Im being facetious now I guess im just curious about the whole olympics history and how its evolved over time.

There's also the consideration of the arenas needed. Equestrian and modern pentathlon should be taken out IMO. There has been talk of moving some indoor events to the winter games.

Triathlon was added very recently I think.

Its do with politics and what the governing body of each events brings to the table of the IOC.
Look at cycling in the Olympics for example. We have a ridiculous event the Keirin just because its super popular in as a gambling event in Japan.
Also there was a huge controversy about how the JKA may have bribed the UCI and the IOC to get it in there http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/7525072.stm

That would be good.

Im being facetious now I guess im just curious about the whole olympics history and how its evolved over time.

They have wrestling now, I don't know what you mean. As for Snooker, it may have a shot now it's becoming a more global game, it's huge in China.

I don't see how you can arbitrarily claim some things are sports and not others, especially because there's such a broad definition as to what a sport is. IMO Snooker is as much a sport as sprinting.

I know they had tug-of-war in the first London one. All three medals went to various branches of the police, iirc.

They also had standing jumps and other events that seem strange now. None as strange as synchronised swimming, though.

That would be good.

What do you mean by actual wrestling? Because the actually non pre determined before the match version of wrestling is involved

Back