• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

I see BBC have doper Carl Lewis on and are treating him like some type of hero. It would be a different thing if he was a cyclist or weight lifter.

Last edited:
Looks like there are loads of tickets on the 2012 website, I swear there weren't this many the other day when I checked which is making me suspicious. A few quite reasonable too, not only Cat A prices.

If we get 15+ golds I'll be happy. With the money we've put in and just looking at rankings beforehand. You just want people to perform to their best level and if they lose so be it.

Beating the Aussies would also be good! :)

You're already beating us in the moaning:medals ratio - well played Cavendish.

SPORTS bible Sports Illustrated has predicted that the Australian team will reach its ambition of finishing in the top five nations at the London Olympics, but will finish behind arch-rival Great Britain, which will take fourth place.
In its traditional Olympic preview, the American-based magazine forecast a 16-gold-medal haul for Australia, equalling the gold medal tally from the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

But it expects an even better home Games for Britain, predicting that it will win 23 gold medals, 23 silver medals and 19 bronze medals, for a total of 65 medals.

Looks like there are loads of tickets on the 2012 website, I swear there weren't this many the other day when I checked which is making me suspicious. A few quite reasonable too, not only Cat A prices.

Lots have been sent back from hospitality, etc..

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/b...afternoon=1&evening=1&show_available_events=1

Basketball, Gymnastics, Weight Lifting still available, lots have been sold since I went on early lastnight..

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/b...afternoon=1&evening=1&show_available_events=1

For tuesday, Boxing, Women's Football, Weightlifting

http://www.tickets.london2012.com/eventdetails?id=0000455ACE920CC2

Big night of swimming on Wed, £295 though

You're already beating us in the moaning:medals ratio - well played Cavendish.

SPORTS bible Sports Illustrated has predicted that the Australian team will reach its ambition of finishing in the top five nations at the London Olympics, but will finish behind arch-rival Great Britain, which will take fourth place.
In its traditional Olympic preview, the American-based magazine forecast a 16-gold-medal haul for Australia, equalling the gold medal tally from the Sydney Olympics in 2000.

But it expects an even better home Games for Britain, predicting that it will win 23 gold medals, 23 silver medals and 19 bronze medals, for a total of 65 medals.

I really think that's optimistic.....I've seen other analysis that shows around 18.......regardless I just hope people are helped rather than hindered by 'home advantage' which in the UK can be overbaring pressure!!

Im glad the olympics is on...something to watch whilst i recover from surgery on a hernia on my abdomen...greaaat

And for those of you that know of my back pain, its chronic and ill have it for life, something to do with the size of my kidneys...

Im glad the olympics is on...something to watch whilst i recover from surgery on a hernia on my abdomen...greaaat

And for those of you that know of my back pain, its chronic and ill have it for life, something to do with the size of my kidneys...

I have this too. But caused by the sheer size and weight of my penis

I'm not moaning but the sheer weight of sport going on is too much!

Why cram this into 17 days, it takes so much to organise and build lets stretch it out to at least 1 month. Smaller sports will get the exposure they crave.

Channel hopping is on a whole new level with tv and beeb online. I having hassle settling into one thing. The bbc online thing is fantastic, all sports covered, extra online info with ticker of upcoming and results and any channel (even if live) has a timeline so you can just rewind if you missed it from earlier. It is a bit information overload.

Getting anything else done is loving impossible.

I'm not moaning but the sheer weight of sport going on is too much!

Why cram this into 17 days, it takes so much to organise and build lets stretch it out to at least 1 month. Smaller sports will get the exposure they crave.

Channel hopping is on a whole new level with tv and beeb online. I having hassle settling into one thing. The bbc online thing is fantastic, all sports covered, extra online info with ticker of upcoming and results and any channel (even if live) has a timeline so you can just rewind if you missed it from earlier. It is a bit information overload.

Getting anything else done is loving impossible.

Yeah, like everyone will be delighted with another week of disruption!!

August we can deal with but 17 days is the most IMO

Ive just been to covent garden to the apple store again..

The girl serving me said she has never seen the shop and surrounding area so so quiet..

Same with my trains, 1/2 empty, seems the scaremongering of how bad it was going to be has worked by making so many people take time off or walk from home..

Good.

Occupancy in London hotels is 85% apparently, the yeat long average is 89% so again.......shows that people are staying away that would normally be there for business

Back