• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Picking all of those together for the same squad (Gerrard excepted) should on it's own be a firing offense.

I think that Johnson should be allowed as a pick, in the absence of Richards and Walker through fitness issues, I don't see that there's many better alternatives.

I would rather we had a Corluka style right back, someone who would just sit back and do a defensive job. I would rather that Lennon was then selected to play on the right wing but none of that has happened, so Johnson is ok in the squad. As for the others... ?? Only Carroll is a considered option as he was in good form at the end of the season, even if his team were not.

I think Rooney would have been picked by every squad too, in addition to Ashley Cole. So that still only makes two players but the rest, of the starting team, are decent players just not outstanding to the level of players picked by other nations.

Hart is pretty close.

Richards isn't injured is he? Just Roy prefers Johnson, Jones and Kelly to him.

Rooney flatters to deceive on too many occasions, good player maybe but never world class.

But on his day he is World Class, he went through a spell early last season when he was unplayable. I think any nation would be happy to have him in their squad.

And Joe Hart, he would get in the squad of most nations, Spain could be debatable but otherwise he would be in every other squad I think.

The whole Rio Ferdinand thing is just embarrasing. Unless Hodgson has a respectable tournament which is looking extremely unlikely, then he will be remembered for his terrible handling of the Ferdinand situation. Why he couldnt just come out and say he cant pick rio because of the tension it would cause in the squad with Terry as Terry is his preferred centre back. That way this whole footballing reasons flimflam wouldnt be happening.
england have been very unlucky with injuries but to think that henderson and kelly are in the final squad is incredible.

But on his day he is World Class, he went through a spell early last season when he was unplayable. I think any nation would be happy to have him in their squad.

And Joe Hart, he would get in the squad of most nations, Spain could be debatable but otherwise he would be in every other squad I think.

He has not been world class for England very often though has he, fair enough point about Hart though.

Whether you want to say Rooney is world class or not is a matter of opinion. What isn't is that he is a cut above anything else we have in attack and look so much more dangerous going forward and a better team when he is playing. ......

It's easy sitting here saying Ferdinand should be selected but unless you're in the England set up you have no idea what the vibe is regarding the Terry/Ferdinand situation. Of course Hodgson doesn't think Kelly is a better pick than Ferdinand, but sometimes these things have to be done....

Whether you want to say Rooney is world class or not is a matter of opinion. What isn't is that he is a cut above anything else we have in attack and look so much more dangerous going forward and a better team when he is playing. ......

Of course it is and in mine he is not.

It's easy sitting here saying Ferdinand should be selected but unless you're in the England set up you have no idea what the vibe is regarding the Terry/Ferdinand situation. Of course Hodgson doesn't think Kelly is a better pick than Ferdinand, but sometimes these things have to be done....

Are you saying that you ARE in the england set up then so that you DO know what the 'vibe' is?

And how can you say 'of course' that Hodgson doesnt think Kelly is better?

Are you saying that you ARE in the england set up then so that you DO know what the 'vibe' is?

I know we base our justice system on the whole innocent until being proven guilty thing; but in situations like this it should be the person who is prosecuted who gets penalised not the family of the alleged victim. Ferdinand appears to be being punished for Terry having a courtcase.

I know we base our justice system on the whole innocent until being proven guilty thing; but in situations like this it should be the person who is prosecuted who gets penalised not the family of the alleged victim. Ferdinand appears to be being punished for Terry's prosecution.

Nope, I'm saying there are obviously reasons why Rio isn't getting called up that stem beyond his footballing abilty. Yes, I will stick my neck out and say if all things were equal and there were no external influences/factors to consider Roy would consider Ferdinand a better option than Kelly.....

Back