• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

United first gifted a WH red card, then gets gifted a goal when being 2 meters offside. Again. fudging twunts!

Just seen the red card challenge. You could argue that Jones should also have got a red for reckless play as both challenges are reckless as both of them jump into their tackles and have both feet off the ground at a stage.

Just seen the red card challenge. You could argue that Jones should also have got a red for reckless play as both challenges are reckless as both of them jump into their tackles and have both feet off the ground at a stage.

Don't be silly, Jones plays for Man Utd. They will probably give him the man of the match award for his bravery.

How many fudging awful decisions will utd get this season? It is like Fergie's reign all over again. Ibra has how many actually legit goals this season? 8? 10?

Niall Qunt claiming the red card had no influence on the game. It was Moaninhos tactics that changed the game! Wow! Just wow!

Niall Qunt claiming the red card had no influence on the game. It was Moaninhos tactics that changed the game! Wow! Just wow!

Obviously hoping to beat the other groupies and get invited back on to the bands, oops team bus, Can't wait for "The Audience with the Special One" for all the sycophants rubbing themselves up against him and giggling at his repertoire of one liners.

Very bad decision by Mike Dean for the red card, and then other poor/debateable decisions after that. Not his best game by a stretch. But even with 10 men, WH were managing to keep Utd at bay until into the second half. They could have nicked it, but typical that when it would have worked well for us, they couldn't manage it. Utd looked very, very lacking but as ever, get the luck in their direction.
As bad as the sending off was, i thought Alan Smith's comments at half time about the incident, and Mike Dean specifically, were out of order. Yes, Dean got it wrong, but Smith was getting very personal and almost abusive about Dean, going well beyond what should be in his remit as a pundit.
I used to be totally against the use of video technology but I have changed my mind over the last 12-18 months. If the technology can be used to replay an incident over and over and over, mainly to berate the officials (who sometimes deserve it, but mostly don't), who only get one shot at making a call, then the same technology has to be available to aid those same officials. If I was a referee I would be insisting on it. If we want to get a decent calibre of referees coming through, then it has to be introduced sooner or later.

But all in all, normal service resumed. Utd get the decisions, keep hot on the heels of us and the top 4, and Sky are happy.
Just because it's a new year, we didn't really expect anything to change, did we?

Never a red card. The Spammer was trying to scoop at the ball, not lunging in to hurt Jones. Jones reacted like he'd been chopped with an axe.

I thought it wasn't a freekick and was surprised it was called back for a freekick.
Then Mike Dean went to his pocket and I was shocked, as were the Sky commentators.
Then he pulled out a red!
And the commentator said "He's sent off Phil Jones!"
It was only the face of Winston Reid which told me he must have decided to send off the Spammer.

We desperately need video technology to help refs, they cannot cope at all.

Thought Nevilles comment on the incident was quite amusing: "I never thought it was a red card, but then again, we're sitting so far away from the action here so it's very difficult to see"

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Back