• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Yeah, they will murder us if Toby's still out when we play them. We really, *really* struggle against teams that press us, as opposed to when we do the pressing - and Chelsea know how to press and how to score while pressing.

Also, how on Earth did we draw against Everton? On this evidence, they're really not that great. :(

They were just in better form than most of the league at the start. Now that everyone's hit their stride, Everton's true level is starting to show. To make it worse they didn't even bother to turn up today.

They were just in better form than most of the league at the start. Now that everyone's hit their stride, Everton's true level is starting to show. To make it worse they didn't even bother to turn up today.

That's probably true. I wonder what happened to the Signing of the Season, the 21st Century Makelele that was Idrissa Gueye....I remember a lot of Everton fans going nuts over his performance against us.

Well for a start, f#ckin annoyingly the ball didnt go through Steklenbergs legs when he blocked Janssen from close range. Who knows what a late winner would have done for him on that opening day

Mmhmm. That could have changed everything for Janssen - but then, some of the subsequent misses were his fault alone, so we can't blame Stekelenburg's fluky save in full.

I think first 3 games are not a reflection on anything other tha fresh legs and decent fixtures (if your lucky)

Against the team that were 6th in the table and had the second best defense stat, you're right , this is impressive.

5 goals is 5 goals and it doe st anther who you beat that's a lot of goals

But I will add that it highlights to me why Everton are actually not. Wry GHod I and why Ashley Williams never signed for a top team

I know it is still early days and we have not all played the same strength of teams, but based on some of the football I have seen so far. I would say the Top 4 are now in place and we are battling to see if we can be the best of the rest.

I know it doesnt happen, but if Chelsea continue in that form they will win it. I think City's pursuit of the CL will cost them top spot. Klopp seems to have Liverpool playing some good football, but unless they strengthen well in Jan, their defence will cost them too many points. Leaving Arsenal's pact with the devil, meaning no matter what happens elsewhere, they will always be guaranteed a spot somewhere in the Top 4.

Pretty sure we can finish above United (even with inevitable £100m splurge on more talent in January) and Everton, who look like they always do. While the rest of the pack just seem to fall over each other.
Providing we dont have any major unrest within the squad (which has been discussed on other threads), then at least 5th place should be there for the taking

Watford dressed up as the England rugby team at Anfield.

And about as much chance of getting a point there as England RU would too. Cant believe its still 0-0. If Watford could avoid defeat I would class this as a very decent weekend. Although not brilliant as Chelsea won

Southampton already a goal up, and that bottom 3 look like they could be there for sometime....luckily for West Ham

Back