• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

I thought Conte was the Chelsea Manager, but according to the commentators Conte is the little black fellow playing in the #7 shirt.

it just shows what a new formation and a bit of a player reshuffle can do. Similar group of players to last season, but look completely different going forward and defending.

This is turning in to the worst title race

Chelsea/Arsena/Liverpool

images

They're playing good but, I just can't stand watching them clams when they're winning.... TV turned off :(

Apparently it's possible to take a corner without hitting the near-post defender on the shins with it as well. I hope a few of our lads are taking notes.

Right, here's today's question/moan

Why is the Swansea v United match allowed to kick-off at 3pm tomorrow afternoon?

I thought the rule was that any match not being played televised on a Sunday, but not televised, had to kick-off at the same time as any of the televised ties. e.g Hull v Southampton is 14.15pm (same as the Liverpool match)
Same reason why we have to kick-off at 4pm on Sun Dec 18th, and why we had to kick-off at 1.30pm or 4pm on a Sunday last season when our matches were put back due to EL involvement.

Do rules like that not apply to Manchester United?
I'm with you - I thought that was the rule too. So I double checked in the Premier League handbook (Rule L6.4):
"the kick-off time of the re-arranged League Match is the same as that of one of the League Matches (if any) which have been selected for live Transmission in the United Kingdom on that Sunday, or such other kick-off time as the Board may approve."
Seems it is the rule unless the PL agree for it not to be!
we had plenty of sunday 3pm ko's over the last few years iirc
The only 3pm Sundays we've had in the league in the last 3 seasons have been the final game of the season.

I'm with you - I thought that was the rule too. So I double checked in the Premier League handbook (Rule L6.4):
"the kick-off time of the re-arranged League Match is the same as that of one of the League Matches (if any) which have been selected for live Transmission in the United Kingdom on that Sunday, or such other kick-off time as the Board may approve."
Seems it is the rule unless the PL agree for it not to be!
The only 3pm Sundays we've had in the league in the last 3 seasons have been the final game of the season.

that surprises me

We have the players (especially when Toby's fit) to play 3-4-3 and I'd like to see us try it.

This is how a team should perform when they have a chance of going top of the table

Hopefully our boys and manager are paying attention to the art of not bottling it.

Shame it's chelscum providing the lesson.

Yeah, they will murder us if Toby's still out when we play them. We really, *really* struggle against teams that press us, as opposed to when we do the pressing - and Chelsea know how to press and how to score while pressing.

Also, how on Earth did we draw against Everton? On this evidence, they're really not that great. :(

Yeah, they will murder us if Toby's still out when we play them. We really, *really* struggle against teams that press us, as opposed to when we do the pressing - and Chelsea know how to press and how to score while pressing.

Also, how on Earth did we draw against Everton? On this evidence, they're really not that great. :(

Well for a start, f#ckin annoyingly the ball didnt go through Steklenbergs legs when he blocked Janssen from close range. Who knows what a late winner would have done for him on that opening day

This is how a team should perform when they have a chance of going top of the table

Hopefully our boys and manager are paying attention to the art of not bottling it.

Shame it's chelscum providing the lesson.

Back