• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

Who owns the camera's, instructs the camera men etc. Will just move the debate on to that.

Is the ref seeing replays who chooses which ones.

This isn't my main objection but it is real consideration

Let's say I think you'd be worrying unnecessarily on that score; it doesn't seem to have been an issue in other sports. Really, all I'm advocating is that the referee be allowed access to more information before making a game-changing decision, if he wants it, and his alternative is a guess. If enough information isn't available to provide a definite answer, then it's not available. He can't be worse off. Unless you're being forced to watch rolling spin ... sorry, I meant news ... then more information is usually better than less.

Last edited:
GHod help us if/when they bring replays into the game. The game will be as long and as boring as a 60 minute game which lasts 3 hours ( NFL)

The obvious counter-argument to that (other than the fact that the reason NFL games have lots of delays and interruptions isn't down to use of video refs) is that rugby matches don't last 3 hours.

it's not the stop start that makes NFL games so long, it's the tv ads they sell that that they break for, the players have to wait for that, it won't be an issue in football

also, the NFL officials rarely go to the video booth, it's only once a game on average in the games i've been to

they have 7 officials on the field and they handle most things between them

I have seen high school Football in the States and that was 3 hours long with abotu 30 minutes in play - are you sure its not ads filling the time they stop rather than them stopping for ads?

I have seen high school Football in the States and that was 3 hours long with abotu 30 minutes in play - are you sure its not ads filling the time they stop rather than them stopping for ads?

Good point, any one who says different is kidding themselves. Video replys will do nothing but make the game longer. And when the result of said replys are made you can bet your life there will still be some who say the decision is wrong.

How many times on programs like MOD the so called experts after seeing the same reply dozens of times are still arguing about the decision. Goal line is a different thing and is a good move but the rest will not stop experts, fans from bitching about the decision.

my position on Video replays is as follows.

One of the aspects that makes football great is its the game of the people, you have a ball and a couple of goals (jumpers for goal posts...) and its essetnially all you need. A game on the park is essentially the same as a game in Brazil, the conference and the Prem, this is part of the appeal and something that hat made it the most popular sport in the world.

Bringing changes to the top level that takes it away from this is fundamentally a bad thing, so only technological changes that are going to make huge improvements or have little intrusion should be brought in. Goal line technology has been proven to be a success because its achieved these goals, not sure Video replays will achieve either and as such I would not want to see them.

One of the aspects that makes football great is its the game of the people, you have a ball and a couple of goals (jumpers for goal posts...) and its essetnially all you need. A game on the park is essentially the same as a game in Brazil, the conference and the Prem, this is part of the appeal and something that hat made it the most popular sport in the world.

Bringing changes to the top level that takes it away from this is fundamentally a bad thing, so only technological changes that are going to make huge improvements or have little intrusion should be brought in. Goal line technology has been proven to be a success because its achieved these goals, not sure Video replays will achieve either and as such I would not want to see them.
:confused:

They probably regard getting accustomed to delay as an important part of the training.

Bringing changes to the top level that takes it away from this is fundamentally a bad thing, so only technological changes that are going to make huge improvements or have little intrusion should be brought in. Goal line technology has been proven to be a success because its achieved these goals,

Brilliantly spoken!
Just look at how F1 is now! The sport is almost completely ruined because of endless committees are going to make decisions during or after the race about every fudging little infringement, deducting points, grid penalties in the next race and GHod knows what. I'm a huge F1 fan, but It's become boring as fudge. I don't want football to go head in that direction.

Last edited:
Well, this has been rubbish so far. Turning off now, hopefully that will inspire a Palace comeback.

Back