• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

So we're now 5 points off the top, win the home game against Arsenal & the PL Title is back on!

I think we'd be a bit deluded to say we have a shot at the title. We don't have as many world class players as Emirates Marketing Project or Scum and their squads are deeper. Top 4 would still be a fantastic season but we're in with a shout of 3rd if we cut out some of the draws.

Everton have scored 3 goals in a match 3 times in recent weeks and they haven't won any of them!

Also, Martinez really is asking for it with some of his quotes this season:

Gareth Barry "one of the best English players ever".

Lukaku - Said he wouldn't swap him for any striker in the league.

He's also talked up John Stones and Barkley as up there with the best in Europe etc. So why are you in the bottom half Roberto? He's just asking for the sack if they don't finish in the top 8 at the very least.

I agree, we are setting ourselves up for a fall if we really think we are in with a chance of the title this season. In years to come if we continue the way we are going then we do have a shout but its too early to be getting carried away in what is still a growing/young team.

Depends on your personality.
I'm enjoying the whole run in. Looking at Arsenal's terrible away from and City's mess and dreaming of the title.
Yes I'll be disappointed if we don't win but it wont be the end of the world.
I don't really know any City or Arsenal fans so I'm not gonna get the tinkle ripped out of me endlessly.

I doubt there'll ever be another opportunity like this. The rest of the top teams will get their act together. 3 of them will have no Champion's League next season.

I'm enjoying the whole run in. Looking at Arsenal's terrible away from and City's mess and dreaming of the title.
I don't really know any City or Arsenal fans so I'm not gonna get the tinkle ripped out of me endlessly.

I doubt there'll ever be another opportunity like this. The rest of the top teams will get their act together. 3 of them will have no Champion's League next season.

I am enjoying it as well but I am realistic and ( imo) we are not good enough ( yet) to take the title. You may not be that disappointed if we fail to do so but some who are thinking we have a chance probably will ( and then we will get more of that sexy crap when we do not). And for me its nothing to do with getting the tinkle taken out of me by other clubs fans ( I care little about what they have to say) I just think/believe we are not yet the finished articule.

I agree its more then likely that some ( if not all) of the other teams will get their act together and improve, however I think we will as well so I am not convinced we will not be able to compete with them in future.

Everton have scored 3 goals in a match 3 times in recent weeks and they haven't won any of them!

Also, Martinez really is asking for it with some of his quotes this season:

Gareth Barry "one of the best English players ever".

Lukaku - Said he wouldn't swap him for any striker in the league.

He's also talked up John Stones and Barkley as up there with the best in Europe etc. So why are you in the bottom half Roberto? He's just asking for the sack if they don't finish in the top 8 at the very least.

Surely some of what Martinez said is there purely as a symbol of his confidence in his players. Lukaku has been excellent this season, if he played for us I expect that we would lavish praise upon him. Barry is a character in the Everton squad, someone with experience in the game and surely backing him isn't a bad thing?

John Stones is very highly regarded, to the point that Chelsea were throwing silly money at Everton with the intention to complete a deal. Partly the price of potential, and partly because of his current ability. Barcelona have also been named as a potential suitor.

Yes, he might be deemed to be a bit ott with some of his comments, but ALL managers can be accused of that with their own players.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Everton don't finish top 8, but, I can't see him being sacked for it.

Surely some of what Martinez said is there purely as a symbol of his confidence in his players. Lukaku has been excellent this season, if he played for us I expect that we would lavish praise upon him. Barry is a character in the Everton squad, someone with experience in the game and surely backing him isn't a bad thing?

John Stones is very highly regarded, to the point that Chelsea were throwing silly money at Everton with the intention to complete a deal. Partly the price of potential, and partly because of his current ability. Barcelona have also been named as a potential suitor.

Yes, he might be deemed to be a bit ott with some of his comments, but ALL managers can be accused of that with their own players.

Will be interesting to see what happens if Everton don't finish top 8, but, I can't see him being sacked for it.

The Barry comment was ridiculous, but he's more perfectly within his rights to heap praise on players. I just think he's setting himself up for a fall. He has a borderline world class striker plus a fine young ball playing centre half and attacking midfielder, but their problem is they can't defend so he's squandering that talent he speaks so highly of. Lukaku ain't sticking around if they don't improve to a similar level to where we are at by next season.

The Barry comment was ridiculous, but he's more perfectly within his rights to heap praise on players. I just think he's setting himself up for a fall. He has a borderline world class striker plus a fine young ball playing centre half and attacking midfielder, but their problem is they can't defend so he's squandering that talent he speaks so highly of. Lukaku ain't sticking around if they don't improve to a similar level to where we are at by next season.

Lukaku will leave, he has already voiced his intention to move to a bigger club. What happens after that depends upon how much Martinez is allowed to reinvest of a fee which presumably would be around £50m (as they bought for £30m, I can't see Lukaku leaving for any less than the £50m). As we've seen through our own history, and that of Liverpool, replacing Lukaku won't be easy especially not when Everton aren't the most appealing team to sign for compared to other potential suitors for the top players. Will be their own sliding doors moment, can they invest wisely or will they slide further?

Lukaku will leave, he has already voiced his intention to move to a bigger club. What happens after that depends upon how much Martinez is allowed to reinvest of a fee which presumably would be around £50m (as they bought for £30m, I can't see Lukaku leaving for any less than the £50m). As we've seen through our own history, and that of Liverpool, replacing Lukaku won't be easy especially not when Everton aren't the most appealing team to sign for compared to other potential suitors for the top players. Will be their own sliding doors moment, can they invest wisely or will they slide further?

Can't see who would pay that for him, other than maybe a desperate ManU.

Can't see who would pay that for him, other than maybe a desperate ManU.

Then, he won't be leaving Everton. Perhaps this is misjudged but I can't see Lukaku making a fuss to leave. If deals aren't forthcoming from Real Madrid, or PSG, then there will be few other options for him on the table.

Then, he won't be leaving Everton. Perhaps this is misjudged but I can't see Lukaku making a fuss to leave. If deals aren't forthcoming from Real Madrid, or PSG, then there will be few other options for him on the table.

I can definitely see him and his agent making a fuss. Everton are just a stepping stone for his inflated ego.

I can definitely see him and his agent making a fuss. Everton are just a stepping stone for his inflated ego.

What makes you say he has a big ego? He could have stayed at Chelsea and coining in the money but chose to leave for the sake of his career.

Sounds rather like what was being said this time 4 years ago, when Spurs also sat 5 points off the top of the table as the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool struggled to make their pecuniary advantage count...

Last edited:
We don't have a lolly-gagging, day dreaming clam otherwise known as Harry Redknapp to fudge us over this time around.
True, although the point I was attempting to make is that opportunities like this are not quite so rare as Modric seemed to think and the big teams slip up quite regularly in the post-Fergie era.

With Poch at the helm, I am confident that our talented youngsters will continue to come on leaps and bounds and (for the first time since the 1980s) can actually imagine Spurs challenging for the title in years to come.

Back