• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2015/16 Premier League Thread

Glorious entertaining football they are playing, innit?

There are no style points in football. We can appreciate entertaining football, but for a team all that matters is winning. They play to their strenghts, and those strenghts are the best in the league at the moment no matter how much we dislike it.

Forget about them winning the league. I don't even want them to make top four. Can you imagine them in CL next year? Will be a fudgeing embarrassment. There goes the PL coefficient.

whatever happens, even if they do win the league, I think they'll be back in the lower third next season

People still surprised Leicester won ? I mean, seriously ? This is footy ! The Beautiful Game. Even if that wasn't too appetizing to watch, it shows you can do it many different ways.

And we will do it ours. Let's win ours, our way.

COYS !!!

There are no style points in football. We can appreciate entertaining football, but for a team all that matters is winning. They play to their strenghts, and those strenghts are the best in the league at the moment no matter how much we dislike it.

I agree completely

the reason I'd rather the goons or city win is if they do, well, they spent more than us, that's life, if Leicester do it, we've fudged up

Absolutely everyone was slaughtering Norway for their style when Egil Drillo Olsen took them 2nd in the FIFA rank during the 90's, calling it a disgrace to football, especially in England, as Norway always beat England then. Now when Leicester does exactly the same (worse actually. Norway played decent football at times) it's fantastic all of a sudden....

Only Barcelona, Bayern Munchen and us, yes. :)
Munchen are in a weaker Lge so they don't count.
We don't have big superstars that cost £££, so surely we don't either.
Actually, the players on FIFA are better than Barca, so Barca don't count either

Absolutely everyone was slaughtering Norway for their style when Egil Drillo Olsen took them 2nd in the FIFA rank during the 90's, calling it a disgrace to football, especially in England, as Norway always beat England then. Now when Leicester does exactly the same (worse actually. Norway played decent football at times) it's fantastic all of a sudden....
You're reminiscing like this elitism is a good thing??

Also, in with the ugly stuff Mahrez, okazaki (except some diving) and Vardy have been a joy to watch. As has Huth and Kante in doing their job really well

Kante has been really something, Mahrez and Vardy too. Huth, dunno why, I have a soft spot for him, remember him as a young player for cheatski but he just hasn't set the world alight as I think people were expecting him to. But he's a clever player, I think.

I think the scum will beat manyoo tomorrow.

Norway always beat England? I can think of only one game where Norway beat England, back in 93 or whenever. How many goals did we score in the 94 World Cup? 1! We were pretty brick even when we were "good". :D But that's another discussion.

That is because in Norway's case most people could not see past the long ball being used against established defenses. The main goal of the tactic employed by Olsen was to win the ball in advanced positions and attack at pace against an unorganised defense. Tottenham do this just as much as Leicester do.

I did not say it is fantastic, I am calling it knowing your strenghts and weaknesses. Any team with ambition to win games need to do that. What would you have them do? Play high pressing? Possession-oriented football with Drinkwater as the playmaker? For all his strenghts he is not Xavi, nor is Vardy Messi.

That is because in Norway's case most people could not see past the long ball being used against established defenses. The main goal of the tactic employed by Olsen was to win the ball in advanced positions and attack at pace against an unorganised defense. Tottenham do this just as much as Leicester do.

I did not say it is fantastic, I am calling it knowing your strenghts and weaknesses. Any team with ambition to win games need to do that. What would you have them do? Play high pressing? Possession-oriented football with Drinkwater as the playmaker? For all his strenghts he is not Xavi, nor is Vardy Messi.
Leicester don't do much high pressing. They sit back and just blast the ball up at every opportunity. Haven't seen them pass it out from the back one single time.

If Wet Spam play on Wednesday like they did today, we will wipe the floor with them. Sloppy passing, bad finishing.
Unfortunately, I think today was their bad day and they will be up for it and on form come Wednesday night.
Beating Woolwich on Saturday is my priority but GHod, I HATE the thought that we might drop points to the Spammers. They will crow about it forever if our result against them is difference between us winning the title or not.

Back