• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Far too good for us. Now I know how you lot felt with Bale. How did you cope when Madrid took him? Emotionally, of course. Got a feeling I might need to know soon.

you are the richest team in world football

no one is too good for you

you are the richest team in world football

no one is too good for you

I'm guessing someone said the same about Ronaldo at United.

Next big statement signing from Real or Barca could easily target Aguero and I wouldn't be shocked if he felt like making a move. Particularly if City continue to struggle in the Champions League.

the thing is man utd couldnt realistically pay ronaldo the wages that real madrid could (this was in addition to the fact that ronaldo probably wanted a move to RM for footballing reasons). I think Emirates Marketing Project can and will pay aguero astronomical wages when the time comes to do so. who knows, maybe he will even be the first premier league player to hit 500k a week.

the thing is man utd couldnt realistically pay ronaldo the wages that real madrid could (this was in addition to the fact that ronaldo probably wanted a move to RM for footballing reasons). I think Emirates Marketing Project can and will pay aguero astronomical wages when the time comes to do so. who knows, maybe he will even be the first premier league player to hit 500k a week.

Could be. But I think SWP's worries aren't unfounded. Surely true that City are capable of keeping hold of him, but equally true that he could have his head turned by one of the Spanish giants. Chance to win something different, seemingly a better chance to win the CL, chance to play with better players in a warmer climate...

Could be. But I think SWP's worries aren't unfounded. Surely true that City are capable of keeping hold of him, but equally true that he could have his head turned by one of the Spanish giants. Chance to win something different, seemingly a better chance to win the CL, chance to play with better players in a warmer climate...

Bingo. Let's face it, it would be a travesty if a player like Aguero/Suarez/Bale doesn't win the Champions League in their career. Bale, with all due respect, couldn't have done it - so he moved on and, lo and behold, won it last season. Suarez acknowledged that he was carrying Liverpool, but not even he could have dragged them to the Champions League - so he moved to Spain to play alongside Messi and Ronaldo.
Perhaps we are better equipped, but when was the last time we were actually impressive in the Champions League? I just know that we won't ever win it - call it an inferiority complex or whatever, but I can't see it happening. And as impressive as Benzema has been over the past two seasons or so, I can't help feel that Madrid wouldn't hesitate swapping him for our Sergio.

I resent the bit about the climate though, nowt wrong with a bit of Manc drizzle to wake you up in the mornings ;)

it's a travesty if City don't win it, only PSG are in a position of comparable strength

we lost Bale (and Liverpool lost Suarez) because we couldn't afford to build a squad of comparable quality around him, that doesn't really apply to city

Since aguero signed for Emirates Marketing Project he had scored 56 goals and got 23 assists in 93 games. In same period, Rooney scored 59 assists and got 32 assists in 96 games.

Since aguero signed for Emirates Marketing Project he had scored 56 goals and got 23 assists in 93 games. In same period, Rooney scored 59 assists and got 32 assists in 96 games.

Since that stat was posted in October, Aguero has scored 10 goals and picked up 3 assists in 8 games.

@everything_utd: @UtdReport Old stat! Aguero has 66 goals in 101 games. Rooney has 61 goals in 100 games!!

Last edited:

For comparison, since the start of 2011/12 the combined league output of Adebayor + Soldado + Defoe is 64 goals and 27 assists in 193 games!

So at least our strikers have managed to out-assist Aguero between them, albeit it took them an extra 92 games :D

Since that stat was posted in October, Aguero has scored 10 goals and picked up 3 assists in 8 games.

@everything_utd: @UtdReport Old stat! Aguero has 66 goals in 101 games. Rooney has 61 goals in 100 games!!

I know it's an old stat, but damn Rooney is really under appreciated

Far too good for us. Now I know how you lot felt with Bale. How did you cope when Madrid took him? Emotionally, of course. Got a feeling I might need to know soon.

Those of us who have been Spurs Lovers for a while are used to the gut-wrenching feeling of utter despair. Personally I felt worse the year we bottled our 10 point and 2-0 up against the Goons lead. THAT was our chance to make the proper step up and leap-frog those Pikey Gooner Plumstead Sewage Dwelling Scum. You lot, on the other hand, can just buy another £40 million player and pay him £300,000 a week. You'll be fine.

Those of us who have been Spurs Lovers for a while are used to the gut-wrenching feeling of utter despair. Personally I felt worse the year we bottled our 10 point and 2-0 up against the Goons lead. THAT was our chance to make the proper step up and leap-frog those Pikey Gooner Plumstead Sewage Dwelling Scum. You lot, on the other hand, can just buy another £40 million player and pay him £300,000 a week. You'll be fine.

If it really was that easy why haven't they already signed a striker at Aguero's level to play alongside him?

Fact is City have been looking and spending a lot of money to find a top class partner for Kompany at the back, so far without definite success. They similarly struggled to find a partner for Toure in central midfield, Ferndandinho seems a good solution, but hardly world class. They've struggled for years when Silva has been out or off form, but finding someone that can cover for him and/or be an upgrade on Nasri seems difficult.

They also spent a lot of money on strikers before ending up with Aguero.

Even the big clubs with tons of money are hit and miss in the transfer market. Replacing someone that's settle in the team, firing on all cylinders and truly world class like Aguero is never a given.

Back