• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
seeing as our lot have chucked it in, i'm quite enjoying getting my vicarious thrills from the likes of Wigan, West Brom and Everton... even the barcodes.

some good players from that lot, and a joy to watch at times.

Getting a sneaky look at some of our transfer targets for August.....Mose,Odemwingie and some bloke called Pienaar

As an Arsenal fan, i really want THFC to finish 4th. Its only fair after the great season your team had. Besides, Chelsea finishing outside the top 4 might make them unload many of their star players to comply with FFB regulations. As for Saudi Sportswashing Machine? Well, if they get CL they will be ranked in 4th tier just like City & get a hard group, and subsequently get embarrassed unlike THFC which can compete on this level much better imo.

THFC's points max now is 71, i reckon you will end up with 67 or 69. Just wish Saudi Sportswashing Machine lose to City, Draw with Chelsea and end up with 69 but you have the better GD.

BTW, i am not interested in Arsenal vs Tottenham rivalry, it means nothing to me as a foreigner. More than that i understand if someone comes in my area, bribe themselves into the top flight league when i finished higher than them and deserve to go up, and this person goes on to be a more successful/respected individual i probably would have killed them! LOL :p

I'm watching the 'pool highlights. They absolutely battered WBA but fudge me they couldn't finish to save their lives. They'd be good at the crossbar challenge mind.

Ashley Young-esque dive from Rodriguez in the 1st half too.

Saw highlights from the Utd - Everton game earlier. Some top-class finishing throughout, something which we've dearly missed in the last 2-3 months. Oh, the memories

Last edited:
- Real Madrid could be crowned champions this Sunday if they beat Sevilla at Santiago Benabeu and Barcelona fail to pick up any points at Rayo Vallecano away.

- Borussia Dortmund retained their Bundesliga title, winning it for a second year in a row

- Internazionale look unlikely to make 3rd place in Serie A and subsequent CL qualification trailing Lazio by 6 points, 5 games before the end. AC Roma are in a similar situation, 1 point to the better. Some potential transfer targets.

sorry to bring this back up, just read the metro today and it appears that her name was mentioned on twitter, with another player calling her names saying that she tries it on with a lot of them etc? terrible stuff

as it happens i spoke to a sheffield united supporter....and according to him there was 10 mins before the guy that got off without a conviction finished and ched appeared. Is that correct? How come nothing was done about the other guy? especially if he brought in evans after

also has anyone considered the possibility that once drunk......when you sober up there is a chance that you might forget quite a bit that you did while you were sober to slightly tipsy? I've had nights out where i know for a fact i was fine but then after sleeping and waking up.....i cant remember squat while i was apparently sobber

someone here mentioned that some people were watching while this whole thing took place........incredible. honestly speaking i dont think footballers walk the same world we do..they dont see it through the eyes of regular people...which is why they think the laws dont apply to them

sorry to drag this up but i remember seeing this thread and only after reading more about it on the metro i thought i'd come here and get as much opinions on it as i could

Exactly. As I said, rape is the only crime where the victim gets the blame and it is disgusting.

Unfortunately, it is also one of the crimes with the highest rates of false testimonies being cleared later onwards, at least on the continent.

Legally it's insanely complicated. Firstly there is the act, which is legal between consenting adults but criminal for either one of them, if the opposite after the act decides to deny said content.

On the other hand, as the act is legal, the CPS will have to prove not only the act but also prove, that no consent was given. Yes, if the defendant admits the act but claims consent, the CPS and victim will have to prove the lack of consent. A great many rape accusations fall on that behalf, and from a legal point of view, they should too.

I am a bit disturbed about the hole "too intoxicated to consent" thing. In reality it's a reversed burden of proof, which in return is bang on breach of the millenia old western law principle of not guilty til proven otherwise, which just so happens to be a principal human right too.

The "drunk means no" rule is a great rule of thumb for all sorts of horny youngsters of all ages, but in reality it is a false safe. Any alledged victim with a modest hangover can claim this principle the day after and effectively force a sex partner into a criminal case - with reversed burden of proof !

As rape is a hidious crime, it can appear fair. But would you think so did it apply to murder, tax fraud and kidnapping ?

someone here mentioned that some people were watching while this whole thing took place........incredible. honestly speaking i dont think footballers walk the same world we do..they dont see it through the eyes of regular people...which is why they think the laws dont apply to them
Yeah apparently two people were watching through a window? You have to wonder what is worse, the person that committed the act or the two people that watched as the whole thing was going on and didn't do a thing about it. Absolutely disgusting in both cases.

Yeah apparently two people were watching through a window? You have to wonder what is worse, the person that committed the act or the two people that watched as the whole thing was going on and didn't do a thing about it. Absolutely disgusting in both cases.

i cant even imagine that scenario if i'm honest outside of what gets depicted in the movies...like that scene in the accused.

thing is though, do you think they were looking at a rape or do you think they were looking at some that is culturally or football socially acceptable to them? they may have been looking at what seemed like the guy ched simply getting laid

i know a few footballers, and a few of them look forward to after the game where they go to a party pick up girls and do their thing. apparently its as easy as putting coins in a phone box....get dressed , go to a party or exclusive club, buy drinks and wine and dine and then its off to the hotel for some afters. having said that, one has to wonder that with all this drunken stuff going on...how many people are actually aware of what they are doing? both boys and girls?

fact of the matter is that i think alot of people are basing too much on the phrase "too drunk to consent" there had to be alot more than that in order to convict someone for 5 years. i think there is more we arent being told...for obvious reasons

i just pity the girl more than anything...no matter what she gets up to willingly, fact of the matter is that when you decide to go back with someone after a few drinks and get into whatever you get into with that person..you dont expect to wake up the next morning to find out that someone else just decided to pop in and get his piece wet at your expense...only for it to be viewed by other people...probably taking pictures and videos.....and you naked being exposed like that. its degrading and humiliating even if you 'sort of' said yes in a semi conscious state of mind.

i just hope it isnt a case that she wasnt 'that drunk' ..agreed to the intercourse then sobered up realising that she is now the town joke and just decided to cry foul play.

here was even a girl i the papers that got jailed recently for 14 months for making a rape case up, but the thing is that police did a good job of finding this out. this is why i think that in the case of a footballer they would have turned over every stone to try and make sure they got it right....hopefuly

The apparent victim's name is all over twitter.

A joke and my favourite buttplug; The people on twitter should be sentanced to death IMO; Keyboard warriors.

Maybe its because he's higher profile therefore make an example of.
Dosent make sense how the other one got off, so therefore she was sober enough to consent for one but not for the other.
This stinks!!!

Unfortunately, it is also one of the crimes with the highest rates of false testimonies being cleared later onwards, at least on the continent.

Legally it's insanely complicated. Firstly there is the act, which is legal between consenting adults but criminal for either one of them, if the opposite after the act decides to deny said content.

On the other hand, as the act is legal, the CPS will have to prove not only the act but also prove, that no consent was given. Yes, if the defendant admits the act but claims consent, the CPS and victim will have to prove the lack of consent. A great many rape accusations fall on that behalf, and from a legal point of view, they should too.

I am a bit disturbed about the hole "too intoxicated to consent" thing. In reality it's a reversed burden of proof, which in return is bang on breach of the millenia old western law principle of not guilty til proven otherwise, which just so happens to be a principal human right too.

The "drunk means no" rule is a great rule of thumb for all sorts of horny youngsters of all ages, but in reality it is a false safe. Any alledged victim with a modest hangover can claim this principle the day after and effectively force a sex partner into a criminal case - with reversed burden of proof !

As rape is a hidious crime, it can appear fair. But would you think so did it apply to murder, tax fraud and kidnapping ?

The girls making it up is severely over done by people trying to defend rapists. From my unfortunately detailed experiences with this sort of thing, the police/Director of Public Prosecutions will never recommend that a case goes to trial if they have doubts over girls making it up. Sure, there will be the odd case that slips through the cracks, but considering the stats of rape and how many actually lead to convictions, the amount of cases that won't be prosecuted because they have doubts or simply don't have enough evidence would far out weight the amount of girls who make it up. Before they even get to a criminal trial, there is a preliminary trial in front of a judge.

I'm not saying you're trying to defend rapists, but it's something that I read often and quite frankly it's ridiculous. Again, you're placing the blame on the girl without any knowledge of the case. Why is it so ridiculous to believe that a girl may not actually want this?

Anyone who believes girls would make this up and end up with a conviction, I challenge you to go and sit in a court room and listen to a girl being cross-examined. I absolutely guarantee you, you will change your mind.

And no - the burden of prove absolutely 100% rests on the girl. Despite often having severe medical evidence to back it up, judges and juries still don't believe there is enough proof.

Totally agree. Anyone that thinks if a girl is too drunk to say no then she is by inferrence consenting is, in my eyes, a rapist pure & simple.

I hope Evans gets what is coming to him inside like the other fudging nonces.

What if both parties are so drunk they don't know what they are doing, would they then not have equal responsibility for their qctions, and if not why not?

Final round of Championship matches on Saturday. If Southampton draw 1-1 with Coventry and West Ham beat Hull 3-0, Southampton and West Ham would have identical records in terms of points, goal difference and goals scored - in which case Southampton would clinch the final automatic promotion place due to their head to head record.

Back