• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I just got in from footy myself. What happened? I saw the first half but how did the second play out? Deserved? Arsenal bitter at the end? Why was RVP refusing to shake hands, something happen in the game or he just a ****?

Quality. Get him in son.

One of my mates (my mrs best mates bf, only known him for about 6 months) is mates with Kyle Walker and Lennon and I'm trying to go out with them soon! Probably won't but I'm gonna try!

no way? thats ace

Mind you, make sure you go out with them after the season is over... ;)

Mate you better not be making that up just to get rid of that picture.

The sign Moses campaign is starting to get legs. Except everyone else is probably thinking the same.

You'll pay for scarring me with such filth.

You'll be the first to pay for your sins when it is judgement day. (or transfer deadline day)

Actually laughed out loud when I saw that score. Not in mirth at Arsenal's misfortune but at the way any time you feel you're getting away from football for your own sanity it finds a way to drag you back in. Roll on Saturday!

had some utter twunt of a arsenal fan just tell me 'id rather lose 2-1 than 5-1'. Think he must have forgot the difference between chelsea and wigan!

As opposed to what? Glorious displays of open, free-flowing football capped by such great performances as;

City 5 Spurs 1
Arsenal 5 Spurs 2
United 3 Spurs 1
Chelsea 5 Spurs 1

, no doubt. Come on, mate. Liverpool that day weren't cynical, weren't destructive, weren't counter-attacking. They were quick, accurate, and kept the ball moving, forever frustrating Real. It certainly wasn't bad viewing, as far as I recall. 'That style of football' is relative. As long as we're aesthetically pleasing to watch (i.e keep the ball on the ground most of the time and focus on possession as opposed to fouls and banks-of-four defending), I don't really mind what degree of open football we play, as long as we do play it.

Benitez did. His teams weren't cynical, or Stoke-like, or possessed of the 'two banks of four' mentality. They were just solid. And I'd take solidity over what I had to witness yesterday.

Mate you picked the one game Benitez played attacking football in 6+ years as your example?

Benitez was fudging dreadful day in day out, constantly played players out of position, made brick buys over and over (thought Barry was better than Alonso) and imo the only reason his time at Pool wasn't even worse was the fact that he had Torres/Gerrard in their prime.

Tactical, this is the guy that thought Bale offered no threat to Inter, and after Bale ass raped his right side in Milan, still did nothing to counter it.

People forget, Benitez spent hundreds of millions at a club where the #1 priority for 19+ years has been to win the PL title, and he never came even close.

Back