• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
How can Wigan do what we couldn't? All about heart as far as I'm concerned.

Many reasons. Arsenal turned up expecting to win, they didn't do that against us. Football is not as simple as looking at results and wondering why some do well and others don't. Wigan are in a relegation battle, we are in a battle for 3rd/4th.

Arsenal's back 4 were dodgy tonight and even on a good night if you can get at them they give up chances. What Arsenal have been doing superbly well of late is pressure high up the pitch which forces their opponents to release the ball long. They are defending well from the front which means their backline doesn't get exposed very often. The best form of defense is attack one might say and straight out of the Barca defenders handbook(literally)

3-4-3 worked tonight against them but I'm not sure how, even after watching the match. I'd nearly need to watch it again.

i have no idea. But Wigan are never going to be anything but a relegation battling team season after season, thats of course if they are lucky to remain in the Premiership

their only objective is to survive in the top league. How they do it no-one cares. Have a great start to the season and then fall away, or have a poor start to the season and finish strongly. It doesnt matter

but this set of results is outstanding. Stunning, many a bigger club would be lucky to have results like that

thing is, Wigan fully deserved to beat Liverpool, Arse away and Man U and Stoke at home. They truly are playing very good football and have the momentum right now.

Plus they are ding all this by playing 3-4-3....you couldnt make it up, its even revolutionary:)

The thing is, they do this every season.

They have a right old struggle reaching 20 odd points by mid March. Then I don't know what happens, its like they all eat a loaf of prozac apiece because they just go after the points like no ones business. I would love to see what their cummulative break down of points is in the last 9 games of the season for the last 4 seasons. I bet it is mental like nearly half their season total.

Its almost as if they wait until the other strugglers have worn themselves out and then they go into overdrive and move for the kill. The last few seasons they have won at some pretty tough places during their run in - Stoke last season on the last day was a big ask.......I think they were 2nd bottom all game until 81 mins when Rodallega scored to move them 5th bottom.

They have done Arsenal a couple of times now late in the season. They are just incredible with how they keep doing it.

:lol:[video=youtube;WjpLhpQ2IXo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjpLhpQ2IXo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

He got a bit upset didn't he old RvP?

Mind you..... I see Martinez is having a cheeky peck on the cheek with some bird right at the very beginning of that clip. Well deserved!

Back