• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Its a fair point, and Ive never stated there is a cast iron guarantee. On the flip side we could appoint the CV, say Capello, and find that the man doesnt fit at all - and be an equal disappointment/failure.

Im not sure it takes a whole season to work a team out, by now all teams will have had experience of Swansea - and lets be honest - their style is consistent.

He could be a flash in the pan, he could be the next big thing. Its a gamble just like any appointment.

There is a list as long as my arm the amount of managers who come up and have a good first season. i think it would be a huge risk.

it's saturday lunchtime. i think we still want the goons to win that one but should we beat qpr we want arsenal not to have won if that doesn't sound too irish. 3 wins will probably get us 4th whereas 4 would be in the mix for 3rd now

I agree, but there's less of a risk of him being a flash in the pan if we wait and see how he does in his second season, I think.

Ideally, maybe, but chances are we arent going to have that option. IF Rodgers is to make it big, this summer will be our chance or it will be not at all. If we dont go for him this time (on the assumption Redknapp leaves) then by the time we have another vacancy Rodgers will have moved up...

Piers Morgan ‏ @piersmorgan

Don't want to worry Wigan fans, but #Arsenal have won every single home Monday night League game this Millennium. Fact.

why do they only ever play like this when they are deep down in trouble? If they could do it now why not earlier in the season?

Fantastic set of results, it just makes me wonder is all.

i have no idea. But Wigan are never going to be anything but a relegation battling team season after season, thats of course if they are lucky to remain in the Premiership

their only objective is to survive in the top league. How they do it no-one cares. Have a great start to the season and then fall away, or have a poor start to the season and finish strongly. It doesnt matter

but this set of results is outstanding. Stunning, many a bigger club would be lucky to have results like that

thing is, Wigan fully deserved to beat Liverpool, Arse away and Man U and Stoke at home. They truly are playing very good football and have the momentum right now.

Plus they are ding all this by playing 3-4-3....you couldnt make it up, its even revolutionary:)

Piers Morgan ‏
Morning @GaryLineker - MOTD got 3.6m viewers on Saturday. #LifeStories got 4.4m the night before. Altogether now.... 'BACK OF THE NET.'

Gary Lineker ‏
@piersmorgan Thank you. Outstanding figures for MOTD given the time we are on. Easily most watched show at that hour #backofthenetindeed

Piers Morgan ‏
@GaryLineker Yes, congratulations. You're officially 25% less popular with the British public than me. Well done, Jugs!

Gary Lineker ‏
@piersmorgan I also have officially 25% less fat than you

----

hahahahahahaha fudging PUT DOWN

I thought Wigan were fudging outstanding tonight. Especially in the second half. Utterly bizarre when I look at the two games we've played against them and led me to conclude they were amongst the worst sides we'd ever played in the Premier League! They maintained possession reasonably well, rarely hoofed it (which, let's face it, would be the inclination of most under the circumstances), and passed it around really rather well. Was really pleasing to watch!

That vacant feeling I've had all day has been filled (with beer and wine - and a little bit of cheer!).

I thought Wigan were fudging outstanding tonight. Especially in the second half. Utterly bizarre when I look at the two games we've played against them and led me to conclude they were amongst the worst sides we'd ever played in the Premier League! They maintained possession reasonably well, rarely hoofed it (which, let's face it, would be the inclination of most under the circumstances), and passed it around really rather well. Was really pleasing to watch!

That vacant feeling I've had all day has been filled (with beer and wine - and a little bit of cheer!).

what this season?

at Wigan we murdered them in the first half, but in the second half they came storming back and were very unlucky not to nick a point at least

what this season?

at Wigan we murdered them in the first half, but in the second half they came storming back and were very unlucky not to nick a point at least
Storming back? Hmmm..... I dunno about that. We brought it upon ourselves. Which is what we seemed very adept at doing in that little run of games. Wigan, QPR, etc. Great first half. Fail to turn up for the second.

Anyway, who gives a toss?! They've just beaten the Scum at The Emirates! Woo-hoo!

i have no idea. But Wigan are never going to be anything but a relegation battling team season after season, thats of course if they are lucky to remain in the Premiership

their only objective is to survive in the top league. How they do it no-one cares. Have a great start to the season and then fall away, or have a poor start to the season and finish strongly. It doesnt matter

but this set of results is outstanding. Stunning, many a bigger club would be lucky to have results like that

thing is, Wigan fully deserved to beat Liverpool, Arse away and Man U and Stoke at home. They truly are playing very good football and have the momentum right now.

Plus they are ding all this by playing 3-4-3....you couldnt make it up, its even revolutionary:)

Their results are outstanding, absolutely amazing. And I think its fantastic that they have deserved each one. Martinez has done a magnificent job these last weeks.

I wasnt picking at them, it was just a genuine consideration - look at what they are doing now - imagine if they were consistent!?!

Back