• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Since this is the Barcelona thread

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/13/barcelona-bandwagon-barney-ronay

Clamber aboard the annoyed-by-Barcelona bandwagon while you can
Irritation with Bar?ºa worship can reach new heights this season ÔÇô enjoy it while you can because their era, like all others, will end

Welcome back, then, Barcelona. As the Champions League dwindles towards its seasonal endgame, it is once again time for the world's greatest football team, the righteous skill-goblins of Catalonia, to arrive on these shores and bedazzle some Premier League hopeful with their travelling weather front of swarming geometrical intricacies. This week it is the turn of Chelsea to flail around Stamford Bridge in pursuit of the usual clique of Velcro-touch ball-hogs. And with this in mind perhaps it is worth taking stock for a moment. We may be witnessing a generational high here. These things are always hard to measure ÔÇô but the fact is this may be the most annoying Barcelona team ever.

etc.

Fantastic article. Well worth the read.

I'd like to see West Ham up, be nice to have another derby.
And just the memory of THAT4-3..... will always give me a smile when I go back to Upton Park. Errrrr..... Stratford?

I'll be happy for both Saints and Reading to come up. Dead easy away games for me with plenty of drinking time! Woo-hoo!

1-1, guess who? Ricky bloody Lambert!

Last edited:
Kebe is better than Lennon.

He has final ball; We should sign Lambert and Le Fondre as back-up to Llorente and Damiao for Next year.

Worst result for the Hammers really in terms of automatic promotion as Saints have a lot easier run in than Reading do on paper

Reading need 4 points to make sure of automatic, probably 3 will be enough as there will be so much pressure on the Hammers tomorrow they more than likely blow it then they have the lottery of the playoffs to contend to

I like Johnson BUT he isnt direct like Lennon or Kebe. Johnson comes in too much

he is still direct though, goals and assists, shots at goal, takes players on.....how much more direct do you want:)

he is still direct though, goals and assists, shots at goal, takes players on.....how much more direct do you want:)

I think he would come in alot more thats what I meant. The thing we blame Bale for is coming inside too much and thats what Johnson does. All this is assuming that our pattern of play and tactics etc remain the same i.e. Harry is in charge.

I like Johnson dont get me wrong I just think that he isnt a Lennon replacement as such.

Back