• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
How accurate are the gamecast stats? Based on actual info or some blogger's interpretation of the game?

Just to summarise - do you disagree those 2 are on a similar level at the moment?

Bear in mind Ronaldo last night became the first human being in modern history to score 40 goals in 2 consectuive La Liga season. Something which hasn't been achieved to date in Italy, Germany or England's top leagues for that matter.

fudge it, my opinion is not based on stats, but my true feeling for the game. Messi absolutely tinkles over Cristiano. It's not even that close.

He certainly doesn't 'tinkle' over him in terms of output - how is that even an argument? Only assists-wise and not by much and that is a twisted stat in itself not taking into account formations, etc.

I'd say Messi tinkles over Matt Jarvis for example but most certainly not over Ronaldo

If anything - you opinion merely confirms my initial point of media influence and bias towards the one player. Fair dos.

How accurate are the gamecast stats? Based on actual info or some blogger's interpretation of the game?

I don't know where ESPN get their information from but I would be shocked if it wasn't from a professional statistics site or even from their own technology.

Just to summarise - do you disagree those 2 are on a similar level at the moment?

I feel Messi is on a -slightly- higher level than Ronaldo and that both are on a ridiculously higher level than everyone else.

Bear in mind Ronaldo last night became the first human being in modern history to score 40 goals in 2 consectuive La Liga season. Something which hasn't been achieved to date in Italy, Germany or England's top leagues for that matter.

Dixie Dean got 40+ goals twice but yes not consecutively and I'm not dismissing his accomplishment for a second, it's phenomenal but Messi is still in the hunt for his record in a season, let's wait and see shall we.

He certainly doesn't 'tinkle' over him in terms of output - how is that even an argument? Only assists-wise and not by much and that is a twisted stat in itself not taking into account formations, etc.

I'd say Messi tinkles over Matt Jarvis for example but most certainly not over Ronaldo

If anything - you opinion merely confirms my initial point of media influence and bias towards the one player. Fair dos.

Who said it was an argument? I just said that's my feeling. fudge the stats. I look at the 2 players. Messi is a lot better than Ronaldo in my view. Don't patronise me by saying my opinion is purely influenced by the media.

I love this game. I love the artistry, the skill.
Watching Zidane pluck the ball from the air with his back to the ball.
Watching El Diego dribble through a million players, through touch, speed and trickery.
Watching Ronaldo (brazilian) selling a step over like no one else ever does.
Watching Ronaldinho and his exquisite tricks.

Messi is poetry in motion. Cristiano Ronaldo is a machine. His sheer athleticism, pace and power make him stand head an shoulder above most other players. He has of course amazing ability.
Messi should not be the player he is by just looking at him. He has a talent that I intend on enjoying until he no longer performs at the highest level.

No. My opinion has nothing to do with the media and their so called bias. Get over it. This Barca team has won EVERYTHING there is to win. Acknowledge that they are one of the greatest sides ever.

Diego, You sound like the kind of chap who'd choose and Alfa over an M3. ;)

Ronaldo is also a very technical player who has a trick or two. In fact - I'd say he has far more in his locker than the classic Messi maze run while gluing the ball to his feet. But that's a personal preference.

I'm not patronising you but your inital comment suggested Messi is miles ahead of Ronaldo by 'tinkling' on him - something which isn't true in my opinion even if we exclude the stats which are very much on par last 2 seasons, etc. It is largerly inaccuarte in my opinion to suggest such a difference in class.

There is nothing for me to 'get over' since is generally you Barca disciples who become visibly agressive at any mention of Ronaldo's achievements and the fact he's been matching and even improving in some ways Messi's figures for 2 seasons running now. I've acknowledged their superiority numerous times but also have time for other players who have outscored one of the greatest players of the century.

This reminds of the classic Torres vs Villa old-skool debates

just seen Ronaldos second goal as switched it off last night, how the hell does he hit the ball like that!

He 'scoops' it from underneath with a flat foot while keeping his knee straight or something very similar to that. His very own technique and requires massive strength - try it some time - might pull a ligament though :D

ESPN Gamecast matches by having a person at the game inputting the data. That's why not all games have Gamecasts. That's good enough info for me.

Diego, You sound like the kind of chap who'd choose and Alfa over an M3. ;)

Ronaldo is also a very technical player who has a trick or two. In fact - I'd say he has far more in his locker than the classic Messi maze run while gluing the ball to his feet. But that's a personal preference.

I'm not patronising you but your inital comment suggested Messi is miles ahead of Ronaldo by 'tinkling' on him - something which isn't true in my opinion even if we exclude the stats which are very much on par last 2 seasons, etc. It is largerly inaccuarte in my opinion to suggest such a difference in class.

There is nothing for me to 'get over' since is generally you Barca disciples who become visibly agressive at any mention of Ronaldo's achievements and the fact he's been matching and even improving in some ways Messi's figures for 2 seasons running now. I've acknowledged their superiority numerous times but also have time for other players who have outscored one of the greatest players of the century.

This reminds of the classic Torres vs Villa old-skool debates

Lol look how that turned out? Maybe you should quit now.

Please Arcy... you are so wound up these days it's unreal. I don't think their is an angrier sounding poster on the forum!

by the way it's clearly obvious that my opinion in this 'debate' doesn't mean brick. I quite obviously irrationally dislike Cristiano.

ESPN Gamecast matches by having a person at the game inputting the data. That's why not all games have Gamecasts. That's good enough info for me.

I've been looking for their website - what's the link?

EDIT: What if that person doesn't have a clue

My word. Just seen Cristiano's hatrick.

Not bad actually. lol. He is an unbelievably good player. One of the best ever. Class A c*nt always though.

Back