• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I just want to say one thing

fudging COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLUE MOON, YOU SAW ME STANDING ALONE

WITHOUT A DREAM IN MY HEART

WITHOUT A LOVE OF MY OWN

COME ON CITY YOU MASSIVE BELLENDs

Well someone has said that he doesn't contribute much other than goals and his work rate has been questioned all in the previous page. Take brick out of the conversation then what does that make him?

Personally I'd have him with us without thinking about it.

One of the most lethal finishers in the European top leagues? I never brought up his work rate, it was another poster who said the only thing Welbeck has on him is workrate.

I would have Hernandez here right away as well. That doesn't mean that I don't think Welbeck is currently a better all round player.

Anyway, hopefully this result will prod City into a good performance and a win. More likely, its going to make them bottle it even more.

A poacher? Which is exactly what he is. The best comparison I have heard made of him was Robbie Fowler at his best.

Well Fowler must be up there with the best of them so it's definitely a compliment. Haven't seen stats but he hasn't featured as much as last season when he scored 20 odd goals. Fergie seems to have tried to develop Welbeck at the expense of Hernandez this season or it certainly seems that way to me. Hernandez would've scored more goals had he played the games Welbeck has imo

A poacher? Which is exactly what he is. The best comparison I have heard made of him was Robbie Fowler at his best.

Fowler had a better all around game than hernandez. Fowler could drop deep, pass well, score from long and short range. he was a very clever player.

hernandez is similar to Inzaghi. Plays off the last defender, deadly in the box but doesn't offer much in terms of general play.

No way Welbeck is a better all round player than Hernandez hoot. Not a chance. Hernandez knows where the goal is more often than not whereas Welbeck just looks clumsy in and around the box.

Well Fowler must be up there with the best of them so it's definitely a compliment. Haven't seen stats but he hasn't featured as much as last season when he scored 20 odd goals. Fergie seems to have tried to develop Welbeck at the expense of Hernandez this season or it certainly seems that way to me. Hernandez would've scored more goals had he played the games Welbeck has imo

He was a very good player. But he was also massively over rated, hence the lack of England caps. Fowler was a very good player, but wasn't in the same class as Shearer or Sheringham for example.

He has scored 23 goals in 51 prem games compered to 14 goals in 58 games for Wellback. I know who i would rather have playing for us.

Thing with this stat is it includes 10 minute cameo sub appearances which doesn't paint the full picture. For both I'm sure. But yeah I'd rather Hernandez all day long.

Look at his goal record - how can he be overrated???!! Come on seriously.

Because scoring goals isn't just what it's about. I've had this debate several times on here about that very fact. Fowler limited the way Liverpool played. He scored brickloads of goals, the team overall scored more goals when he wasn't playing. Is that a co-incidence? Maybe. But there are several correlations with players like this. It's a team game, not a one man game usually. You can have a striker score 30 goals a season, and your team performs weaker as a result and loses more matches than when having a striker scoring 15 goals a season whose all round play is better, and who holds the ball up better. There is no point in having a striker who scores every game if 9 out of 10 attacks break down through him. If that many attacks break down then the opposition gain momentum and will score more goals than your team.

Fowler was the most natural finisher of the past 20 odd years, tremendous player, very unlucky with injuries otherwise he wouldve played a lot more for England

No way Welbeck is a better all round player than Hernandez hoot. Not a chance. Hernandez knows where the goal is more often than not whereas Welbeck just looks clumsy in and around the box.

Thing is and sorry again to use our players as examples, Defoe has a better scoring record than Adebayor and looks less clumsy when on the ball but I think we would all agree that, as much as some of us still rate Defoe, Adebayor is the better all round player. I think the comparisons with Inzaghi are apt.

Anyway, this is all a bit of a moot point. I would have either of them and would have course have had Inzaghi and Fowler in the past too!

I'm not gonna say your wrong cos you've seen a hell of a lot more football over the years than me and I respect that but Fowler is never mentioned in hardly anyone's all time prem XI and when you look at his goal scoring record it's up there with the likes of Thierry Henry!! I don't think he was overrated at all.

Back