• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
I'm not gonna say your wrong cos you've seen a hell of a lot more football over the years than me and I respect that but Fowler is never mentioned in hardly anyone's all time prem XI and when you look at his goal scoring record it's up there with the likes of Thierry Henry!! I don't think he was overrated at all.

Believe me, at the time he was. The media went batbrick when it became apparent that Venables was going to go with Teddy for Euro96, and so did most football fans. Fowler was the nation's favourite son.

The other thing about Fowler with England is that he had a bit of the Ian Wright syndrome too. Everytime he put on an England shirt he looked like he was bricking himself and didn't play anywhere near as well as he did for his club.

Believe me, at the time he was. The media went batbrick when it became apparent that Venables was going to go with Teddy for Euro96, and so did most football fans. Fowler was the nation's favourite son.

I've followed football week in week out since 1992 as have most on here and for longer a lot of you but I think Fowler should've got a lot more playing time for England. Just a shame that, like many, there were great players of his generation at the same time like Shearer and Teddy.

Fowler was the most natural finisher of the past 20 odd years, tremendous player, very unlucky with injuries otherwise he would have played a lot more for England

Would definitely agree with this, he reminded me in his early days of the greatest goalscorer i have seen, Greaves.

Im glad the Arsenal fan is commentating today, along with Neville who obviously hates Emirates Marketing Project it should be a good neutral commentary

I sense today will be a big one for RVP. Either something very bad or something very good will happen to him.

Balotelli should've been booked was a good 3 seconds after the whistle went when he kicked it out. Letter of the law and all that.

Back